Star Wars Saga

I agree, we will be taking away a lot if we spoil the movie for those who hasn't seen yet. Let's give them a few days to catch up. After that siguro boss alex, maglagay na lang ng "Read at your own risk" sa title ng thread?

Anyway I wanna talk about the future trilogies.

One of my minor concerns here is that JJ Abrams wont be directing the next one. He won't be writing it, and his role will simply be reduced to being an "executive producer". Executive producers really don't add much contribution to the films content, they are simply responsible for providing the needed funds for the movie to go into production.

JJ did such a phenomenal job reigniting the franchise. His vision for this project was great. I wonder if the next set of directors will be able to keep the momentum going. Because after seeing episode VII, I am really having high hopes that VIII will be so much better.

The director for Episode VIII will be Rian Johnson, he will be writing it also. He was the writer and director of that Joseph Gordon-Levitt sci-fi flick looper. I thought that was a well-shot and well-written science fiction movie. IX will be directed by the director of Jurassic World, also a good visual director. This franchise is really off to a good start and I have high expectations

I'm guessing that you weren't around when the first 3 movies (70s) were shown and even during the sequels (early 2000) so you didn't know. :)

Anyway, this Episode VII is too hyped. Parang ayoko na panoorin after reading the synopsis. Was it the synopsis that sounded too ho-hum or the way it was reviewed? Isipin ko muna. :D

I think he was being sarcastic.

What i want to know...will it appeal to the younger generation...or those who havent watch them( kung meron man).. Kung dinala mo GF mo...Will they appreciate the movie? I hope JJ Abrams( while its good he pampered to most of the star wars fans)... Did not forget the non star wars movie watchers...

It was written to be appealing to the general audience, including those who are not into sci-fi. I noticed that some lines were written to cater to non-fans / new viewers and explain what's happening. It's meant to draw in new viewers into the SW universe.

Kung mahilig sa action flick ang GF mo, there're lots of action scenes. For the fans, there are lots of nods/references to the original trilogy.

I know most of us here already watched the movie but for those who haven't yet, I think it is better to watch it in IMAX or 3D or in Gateway Dolby Atmos. It is worth the max price of a ticket. When the millennium falcon fly the first time in EpVII, laki ng sisi ko na sa regular 2D cinema ko lng sya pinanood. Hahaa.

The story did however have a lot of similarity on the original trilogy but I don't think it is a bad thing since it is a great movie to introduce the new generation to star wars and also give the fans of the original nostalgia. Even with the similarity, there are still new characters and new elements that they introduced that would make us wait for the next installment. Sadly, almost 2 years pa antayin natin for episode VIII. Matagal na antayan yan since madami tayong tanong na d sinagot ng episode VII. Good thing is while waiting, they will release a spinoff movie which is Rogue One: A Star Wars Story next year.

Anyway, I do think Episode VII deserves all the hype and JJ abrams did a wonderful job... Hopefully they will continue it on the next two installment even though both will have a different director.. As for the original cast, it is nice to see them again, lalo na kay han and chewie na mahaba ang exposure and hopefully on the next installment mas mahaba na ung role ni leia and luke. The new big three, poe, finn and rey, are great and very likeable. And yes, Rey is :wub: , hahahaa..

And I rooting for EpVII to beat the record of Avatar as worldwide highest grossing film.

so i got the memo late, force awakens does not follow the expanded universe. :angry2:

Correct. Disney (and even Lucas, and a lot of fans) didn't like what's been happening in the EU and didn't want to be shackled by it. This is known already so it isn't quite a spoiler. JJ rebooted Star Trek. But he couldn't reboot SW, so he rebooted the EU. They seem to have taken some inspiration from the KOTR series, and from characters like Admiral Thrawn. But pretty much, they have declared the EU as non-canon. The new books though, like Battlefront and the "Journey..." books, are definitely canon (rebooted EU).

I think in the old EU, Luke's son is named Ben. Not here though.

Correct. Disney (and even Lucas, and a lot of fans) didn't like what's been happening in the EU and didn't want to be shackled by it. This is known already so it isn't quite a spoiler. JJ rebooted Star Trek. But he couldn't reboot SW, so he rebooted the EU. They seem to have taken some inspiration from the KOTR series, and from characters like Admiral Thrawn. But pretty much, they have declared the EU as non-canon. The new books though, like Battlefront and the "Journey..." books, are definitely canon (rebooted EU).

I think in the old EU, Luke's son is named Ben. Not here though.

Precisely...luke had a son...thats why im more inclined to think that daisy maybe a sibling rather than cousin...

Also JJ abram mentioned he would not be introducing mara...but then again abrams is not directing the succeeding episodes...

I think they borrowed from EUs...rather than following it...since how much could to improvise/revised star wars without dipping into the EUs?

Napanood ko lang siya thru dvd from a friend..di siya buo at talagang madilim yung ibang part...ala pa ako time to watch in cinema..but soon I will...kaya pinagtyagaan ko muna yung sa dividi...nabasa ko narin yung ibang spoiler sa net before ko panoorin and yun reason ko bakit gusto ko na agad panoorin,I want to see the main character how ??? no spoiler nga pala...hehehe.kaso yun pa yung part na putol sa dividi..kaya hopefully this weekend mapanood ko na sa cinema... overall...maganda talaga pagkakagawa sa film..lalo na sa mga aerial battles...compare duon sa last 6 episode..mas realistic yung event at sa mga battle scene...and the storm trooper..mas pinakita na yung brutality and combat efficient nila...and the lightsaber battle..no more dancing move...talagang how you use a swords with that kind of energy sa in-between battles.. kaya expectation ko talagang maganda siya panoorin sa bigscreen...

other opinion before this movie...maganda pagkakalahad ng trailer...mapapaisip ka parin kung paano takbo ng storya...di katulad nung sa batman vs superman..medyo may idea ka na kung paano takbo ng storya sa movie.. basta panoorin nio StarWars..the force awaken.,,ganda talaga..

^^ bro, do yourself a favor, & watch it in a cinema & not a DVD bootleg copy. This type of movie should be enjoyed in a wide screen with amazing sounds.

One other theory is that Rey is a Kenobi hehe :)

Yep, thanks and I will watch it in a cinema talaga... true na mas maeenjoy mo all/everything about the movie while watching it in a big screen...

My take is Rey is either the daughter of Emperor Palpatine or the daughter of one of his clones.

The emperor already knew that Darth Vader or Anakin won't be the most powerful person with the force, and kinda eluded to the fact that he will be the one to bring forth the most powerful person to ever wield the force, in The Revenge of the Sith movie. Also, he loved clones, he started his army with clones, so I am thinking he created a truckload of clones, so Rey can also be a female clone of himself also..

Cannot wait for the next one!!!!

I feel like Rey is definitely the daughter of Luke. Then we will have a new character via flashback story on how Luke met Mara Jade :P

Hmn....is rey skywalker a better plot device than a rey solo?

I do really love to see mara jade ....

Also should you be a jedi or force sensitive to be able to wield a light saber? Like finn? Finn windu sounds awesome to me....