Star Wars Saga

Jacen/Mara Jade and the likes are now officially "expanded universe" and is not part of the Star wars canon (since Disney's acquisition of Lucasfilms) anymore so I don't think they can be intertwined.

However, at the end of the movie, it does leave you with a sense that Rey is somewhat connected to Luke. Finn might be force-sensitive just because he grew "feelings" and "decided" not to be a stormtrooper anymore. And do you think Ben Solo can still be saved from the dark side?

J.J. Abrams gave us first names only to keep us guessing hahahaha!

aren't jedis supposed to abstain from any emotions towards anybody? like not having a wife or husband, like in the case of anakin he had to hide his relationship with padme from the council which eventually led to his fall to the dark side.

So luke might not have any kids if he took his vow as a jedi, perhaps it wouldn't be rey skywalker.

I love star wars. I even bought most of the books, I liked the thrawn trilogy, I forgot the title, and the one that took 9 books about jacen solo. Since Disney bought star wars, they have the right not to follow or follow the EU. Still, just what I've read from other posters, I agree that jacen=kylo ren, a weaker version of course. As an aside, for all you star wars fanatics, don't you think that it is impossible for Rey who have no light saber training to beat someone in a lightsaber duel? For that is a leap of faith. Even though kylo ren hasn't completed his training, he is still a trained force user, and since he have his own lightsaber, it follows that he knows the rudiments of lightsaber combat. As far as rey's lineage, anything goes. If we are to base it on EU, she is most probably Luke's daughter, what with his numerous romantic liasons. Since Disney now owns this story, Rey might even be a kin of any humanoid in star wars history. If I were to vote, she is Luke's daughter.

Edited by romulo137

aren't jedis supposed to abstain from any emotions towards anybody? like not having a wife or husband, like in the case of anakin he had to hide his relationship with padme from the council which eventually led to his fall to the dark side.

So luke might not have any kids if he took his vow as a jedi, perhaps it wouldn't be rey skywalker.

If you followed EU, then you will see that ABY, Leia the twin of Luke married han solo. Luke Skywalker have been linked to several women, even witches, he even married Mara. Jacen solo had a daughter with a princess (or was it a queen? I've forgotten). Since it's been a long time since I've read a book about star wars, I really couldn't remember all salient details. But I distinctly remember a romantic connection between jaina solo and a non Jedi.

That's how Luke brough balance to the Force. He was able to embrace both his Light and Dark side.

The "abstain" thing was only during the pre-Empire days. Luke was only trained briefly by both Ben and Yoda. So I don't think this was instilled in him.

Adam Driver is what Hayden Christensen should have been in the prequels.

As Kylo Ren you admire his coolness and swagger. But at the same time you are disgusted by him when he kills his own father. He is menacing most of the time, but in between you can see that he is just really a rebellious teenager. Not in the whiney emo ways of Anikin.

Its so hard to please nerds nowadays.

For years people were complaining that the prequel trilogies didn't feel like a star wars movie and forgot all the things that made the original great.

But now with episode VII people are complaining that it borrowed too much from a new hope and didn't really do anything new. Its basically same story and characters.

I agree that Episode VII is not a perfect movie. In fact, what movie is? And yes it repeats the same formula of the original trilogy. But so what? Does it make it a bad movie? Of course not! It is very entertaining infact, it had to rely on the old formula to remind us why we love star wars and it worked. Besides I think its unavoidable for big movie franchises to ditch the formula that works.

For example the James Bond movies. Haven't you noticed that every film is just the same? There is the gun barrel sequence. Then opening action scene introducing james bond. Then a title sequence. Then bond goes on a mission, he gets to meet 2 beautiful women whom one he will have sex with. Then there is an obligatory scene with him in a tuxedo. He will meet the eccentric villain whose goal is world domination. He gets captured, then escapes, then the climactic showdown.

Relyin on formula isn't always a bad thing. remember the prequels suck because it deviated a lot from the original formula

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When will rogue one be showing in the theater?

Rogue One is showing end of this year. Disney's plan is to alternate 'Episodes' with anthology-style Star Wars stories. So Episode 8 is next year then in 2018 a Han Solo film. Episode 9 in 2019, then I think rumor is Boba Fett gets a solo film in 2020.

Mukhang another heroine in the making sa SW universe. I heard before that Rogue One will have no Jedi in it. But I think I saw Vader in the teaser.

Since this is set between Episode 3 & 4, I think Darth Vader would be the only light saber wielding person in that movie. Can't wait for him to kick some rebel ass in the movie!

Edited by dirk.diggler

Since this is set between Episode 3 & 4, I think Darth Vader would be the only light saber wielding person in that movie. Can't wait for him to kick some rebel ass in the movie!

Instead of force wielding people, they're going to use martial artists. :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...