.... uulitin ko, kung 100% kang sumasang-ayon sa isang idea, bakit mo babaguhin?

... kung naging "atheist" ako ng dahil sa mga idea na natutunan ko, hindi ko ba maaaring gamitin ang parehong idea sa anumang argumento ng dahil lamang sa hindi ito produkto ng isang "synthesis" o ng dahil sa hindi ko ito "orihinal" na idea?

... at ano ba ang mahalaga sa paggamit ng idea sa isang argumento, kung orihinal ba ito o ang validity nito?

i suppose i didn't articulate it well the first time, so let me try again.

cutting and pasting someone else's thoughts here, almost verbatim, with close to none of your own input does not invalidate the arguments you present.

what it invalidates is your ability to meaningfully participate in a dialogue.

thus, my problem with posters who provide only a link, and expect people to concede or even consider their point. if someone wants the rest of us to listen to his argument with an open mind, then at least he should put some effort into explaining his side.

here's a question for you: if you were a teacher, would you accept a position paper from a student who did nothing but cut and paste text from other papers and showed no evidence of having understood what was said in what he quoted?

Ms Vherra lacks the basic ability of a responsible person to read, reflect and ask questions before making some basic decisions. Basic pa lang yun eh. All his questions have actually been answered already by thomas Aquinas, Karl Rahner and Bernard Lonergan. But I don't want to quote anymore because Ms Vherra is not someone who's intelligent enough to digest some scholarly opinions of others.

• Like (+1) 1

I cited a tribe to show that some version of moral code can and does exist without a god. That tribe didn't k*ll themselves because of a lack of God-given moral code as mentioned by some believers.

I'm not saying that their moral code is better. I'm saying that the moral code/beliefs in this country would've been different if our colonization had been different and it isn't impossible to have one without god(s).

ok. it's not much of a moral code because it's the kind of code that will bend on a whim. you've basically said that yourself. the atheists are saying, in a nutshell, that whether people have a god or not, society would still come up with the same moral codes we have today. you seemed to have just said the opposite by saying our moral code would be different today if the spanish hadn't come. is my take correct?

anyway, if you backread, you'll see that one of the litmus tests proposed by the members here was the deadly disease scenario. if ten percent of this tribe's members was infected with a deadly disease, what do you think the rest of the tribe would do with that infectious few?

... at ang "basehan" mo ay "nasaan"?

... nagbigay ka ng impormasyon, nagbigay ako ng karagdagang impormasyon.

"With a despair vast as Africa, Turnbull left the Ik and traveled back to civilization. When he returned a year later, after a flood season that had produced many plants, he discovered to his horror that, despite the abundant crops now rotting in the fields, the Ik had not changed."

Ackerman, Diane. A Natural History of Love. New York: Random House. 1995. pp. 144

Nobody wants to quote Vherr's opinion anymore. His impractical and unacceptable views are falling into the deep ocean where only the uncaring sharks can hear :)

... eh bakit ka apektado sa opinion ko kung ganyan lang pala ang tingin mo sa pananaw ko?

... bakit nga ba?

So far, Vherr has already a Bad -20 Reputation!

does he believe in democracy now? That's more than 100+ MTC members versus Vherr! And still counting!

Vox populi, Vox Dei!

... at ano ang kinalaman ng democracy sa dios mo?

... iyan ba ang paraan mo ng pagpapatunay na totoo ang paniniwala mo, paramihan?

nagkamali ng ginulong thread si Vherr. He just wants to disturb the peace of the believers.

... patunatayan mo nga na ang thread na ito ay para lamang sa mga believers.

• Downvote 1

Kawawa naman si Ma'am Vherra, pinagtulungan nyo. bugbog sarado na yan. Iiyak na yan. Masyado na syang tumatangis :(

... opinion mo base sa iyong karanasan?

If I were you Ms Vherra, go to your room, lock the door. then pray!

... isa pang opinion base pa rin sa iyong karanasan?

Ms Vherra lacks the basic ability of a responsible person to read, reflect and ask questions before making some basic decisions. Basic pa lang yun eh. All his questions have actually been answered already by thomas Aquinas, Karl Rahner and Bernard Lonergan. But I don't want to quote anymore because Ms Vherra is not someone who's intelligent enough to digest some scholarly opinions of others.

... nasagot na?

... so, sinasabi mo bang napatunayan nila na totoo ang kanilang dios? talaga?

• Downvote 1

"With a despair vast as Africa, Turnbull left the Ik and traveled back to civilization. When he returned a year later, after a flood season that had produced many plants, he discovered to his horror that, despite the abundant crops now rotting in the fields, the Ik had not changed."

Ackerman, Diane. A Natural History of Love. New York: Random House. 1995. pp. 144

... pero ano o anu-ano ang hindi nagbago?

... ang lahat ba ng sinabi ni Turnbull ukol sa Ik people ay hindi nabago?

... maging ito ba'y hindi nabago,

"... if an infant is born into their community and it's mother cannot feed that child, that mother is thrilled when she finds out that an animal has eaten her baby. there is no feeling of guilt there for being negligent. you could call that their version of the immediacy of experience."

• Downvote 1

The lifespan of most non-believers is way shorter than the believers.

Now therefore k*ll every male among the little ones, and k*ll every woman that hath known man by lying with him. (Num31:17 KJV)

But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves. (Num31:18 KJV)

And we utterly destroyed them, as we did unto Sihon king of Heshbon, utterly destroying the men, women, and children, of every city. (Deu 3:6 KJV)

... oo nga, patay ang mga non-believers,

... lahat ng non-believers, patay,

... walang tinirang buhay,

... matanong ko lang, base sa morality na pinaniniwalaan mong mula sa dios mo, sang-ayon ka ba sa ginawa ng mga Israelita?

• Downvote 1

So that means nobody likes the opinion of Madam Vherrah anymore. She is undesirable! All for disturbing the believers here who are all willing to die for God!

... wow, katulad ng mentalidad ng mga taong responsable sa 9/11,

... may ipinangako bang mga birhen ang dios mo sa yo sa kabilang-buhay?

... at kung sakali, anong birhen ba ang gusto mo, babae ba,

... o lalaki?

Edited by vheRR
  • Downvote 1

I think she likes it when I call her Ms Vherrah or Madam Vherrah. From now on I'm gonna give her a new monicker Ms Hambalusta coz she doesn't respect the religious beliefs of other people.

... kung sinasabi kong hindi ako naniniwala sa dios mo, na patunayan mo muna, kabastusan na ba para sa iyo yun?

... balat-sibuyas ka pala, iha?

• Downvote 1