• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

i'd call that more than fascination.

kokomonster thinks only a handful of people thought osama bin laden was right. that's simply not true.

I don't know if its really more than lame fascination to most people. True, some people may have well-formed beliefs that made them support osama. But is that the majority? I doubt it. Psychology says its likely not. Its likely a bandwagon mentality thing. And a cult worship of some sorts. An irrational thing.

I don't know if its really more than lame fascination to most people. True, some people may have well-formed beliefs that made them support osama. But is that the majority? I doubt it. Psychology says its likely not. Its likely a bandwagon mentality thing. And a cult worship of some sorts. An irrational thing.

As some of us have been asking on this thread, where are the moderate Muslims who denounce the killings done in their name? If the majority found these acts of terrorism detestable, they sure haven't made that known to the world.

But that's understandable, since it's difficult to decry violence when criticism begets repercussions to yourself and your family. Take, as no small example, the willingness of society to criticize Christianity vs. Islam. One of these endeavors brings a death knell and most people know it in the pits of their stomachs.

Edited by dungeonbaby
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

A quick research will show a few Muslim-dominated countries (mostly Islamic states) held rallies in support of Osama. When OBL was killed by American Special Forces, the only people who visibly celebrated were Americans (American Muslims included) and some non-Muslim dominated countries. If the so-called majority of Muslims are moderate, they sure have a funny way of (not) showing it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest demon nick fury

One thing I really admire about Islam is how it becomes a great unifying factor to its adherents. They (Muslims) usually unite in prayer, in culture and in politics because they base everything on the Qur'an.

One thing I really admire about Islam is how it becomes a great unifying factor to its adherents. They (Muslims) usually unite in prayer, in culture and in politics because they base everything on the Qur'an.

i wonder if you also admire the unifying propensity to bequeath to the infidel world the gifts of its special brand of terror.

• Like (+1) 1
Guest demon nick fury

Not that one of course hehehe. Educated Muslims like the ones we have at the Islamic Institute (in Dilliman) are, just like Christians and Buddhists, 99% reasonable and do not adhere to any form of religious extremism.

Not that one of course hehehe. Educated Muslims like the ones we have at the Islamic Institute (in Dilliman) are, just like Christians and Buddhists, 99% reasonable and do not adhere to any form of religious extremism.

tell them they need to stand up and denounce the horrific acts committed in the name of their beliefs.