• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

I didn't realize that I can't create new threads until Larry mentioned it...

Creating new, threads about what's going on around us has made this forum interesting. Is manilatonight becoming a bigot?

Anyway, as a sign of protest, why don't we all stop posting in this forum until ManilaTonight gives us back the right to create new threads.

Moderators: PM me once you guys changed your stupid rule.

Goodbye for now. I won't be posting no more till you give back our rights.

I didn't realize that I can't create new threads until Larry mentioned it...

Creating new, threads about what's going on around us has made this forum interesting. Is manilatonight becoming a bigot?

Anyway, as a sign of protest, why don't we all stop posting in this forum until ManilaTonight gives us back the right to create new threads.

Moderators: PM me once you guys changed your stupid rule.

Goodbye for now. I won't be posting no more till you give back our rights.

Bro Camiar, baka naman this is a technical glitch on the part of MTC. Just a few days ago, the "create new topic" tab wasn't greyed out. Of course, I can't be 100% sure but I believe that at that time, one could create a new topic if he/she wanted to.

We need to hear a rejoinder from one of the moderators regarding this to clear this up.

PNoy's popularity plunged to an all time low following the Supreme Court's ruling that DAP is illegal. PNoy has gained the ire of the Judiciary following his dogged determination and eventual success in having CJ Corona impeached by senator judges who were eventually rewarded by Malacanang.

The Judiciary isn't likely going to forget how PNoy had CJ Corona impeached. It's like he disrespected the Judiciary and its supposed independence from the executive branch to satisfy his vindictive nature.

He's going to have to deal with this fact when criminal charges are likely filed against him after he steps down from the presidency in 2016.

He made a big mistake and badly miscalculated when he had CJ Corona impeached.

Ano sabi mo khapon? Innocent until proven guilty? Napaka peke mo talaga. Bakit? Found guilty na ba sina Gloria, Johnny, etc. Eh kung magsalita ka, guilty na sila. Yet pag ikaw innocent unless proven guilty.

Kahapon din sabi mo ginamit sa mabuti young DAP. Eh, yun pala. Ilabas mo na listahan kung saan ginamit. Yun lang naman ang hinihingi hindi ba? Huwag mo na sabihin may kaso pa kasi. Kung malinis ang pinag gamitan e ano ang takot mong ilabas? Walang kinalaman sa kaso yun. Palusot ka pa as always. And teka. Bago lumabas yung rulling, sabi ninyo you will abide by the rulling. Eh bakit now request kayo for reconsideration? And yung lusot mo na based on administrative code, ang issue is constitution and not administrative code. Hirap bang intindihin yun? Pwede. Hindi nga alam ng justice secretary mo meaning ng "expired" eh

Noynoy,

You are polarizing the country by asking your supporters to wear yellow ribbons in defiance of the Supreme Court.

You are trying to destroy the Supreme Court so that you can rule unchallenged.

Will your supporters go along with your dangerously deranged design?

Perhaps, it is time for SANE and patriotic Filipinos to organize and oppose you.

Dear Noynoy,

Have you ever been a law student Mr. President? You've been a legislator before and what happened? You don't have any capacity to make a law or to propose a law during your term in Congress and now you're provoking a war against the supreme court.

How Ironic! A poor legislator and executive are questioning the credibility of the Supreme Court. SMH

It justifies how stupid you are Mr. President.

Sincerely Your's

Taxpayer

Edited by JustinHernandez

When PNoy steps down from the presidency, he and those who masterminded the DAP will most likely face technical malversation charges. It doesn't matter what the intention of the President was when he diverted funds that were already earmarked for particular projects to his pet projects. This is the essence of technical malversation which is a form of corruption.

How ironic that PNoy, who declared that "kung walang corrupt, walang mahirap" will himself be charged with corruption when his term expires in 2016.

Check out the definition of technical malversation here: http://mrcheapjustice.wordpress.com/tag/technical-malversation/

Share this:

I felt dejected when our Board of Trustees rejected my proposal to change the management structure of our organization. Sympathizing with me, one of our members said that I have only myself to blame. “You should have chosen your Trustees based on whether they would support your plans.” His suggestion made me smile. Indeed, I would spare myself a lot of difficulties had we chosen the “friendly” ones. But while I would ensure a smooth sailing for my management decisions, I would not be contributing to the task of building our organization, Synergeia, into an institution. A strong institution has leaders and members that abide with a system of rules and policies in decision-making and in operations.

Our country’s failure to take-off is attributed to our weak institutions. We were in a growth trajectory and were poised to be the newest tiger in Asia in 1997. But the perpetuation of cronyism and political patronage by the succeeding administration stemmed the tide. Instead of the rule of law, government followed the rule of personalities where policies, laws and regulations were ignored or altered to suit the purposes of those in government.

The Aquino administration has the rare opportunity to rebuild and strengthen the institutions in the country. It enjoys a tremendous amount of goodwill and confidence from the citizens due to its platform on good governance. It projects an aura of moral ascendancy and critiques the practice of political patronage in the past. Thus, it is with pain and deep frustration to realize that in many ways, it practices what it condemns. It continually buys loyalty and favors from legislators and local governments. By perpetuating political patronage, it sends a strong message that the way to deal with government is not through meritocracy but through “palakasan,” affinity, and licking the asses of those in power.

The DAP is rationalized by the good intention of the administration to ramp up spending to pump prime the economy. But this was done by ignoring the rule of law which prescribes that appropriation of public funds should be made by Congress. The DAP completely ignores that in government, budgeting of public funds should go through debates and scrutiny of the “people’s representatives.” True, some if not many of them do not represent their constituents but their own interests. But it is the duty of the President to uphold the law and not to skirt around it. At best, he should strengthen the institution instead of ignoring it or playing its politics. A regular meeting of the Legislative-Executive Development Council will make the members of Congress better informed and “educated.” A performance incentive system can be installed so that the public can benchmark the performance of their legislators. Similarly, the President could have used the performance incentive system of DILG to reward the LGUs that excel in governance.

The Supreme Court ruling that parts of the DAP are unconstitutional should teach us a lesson that mistakes cannot be rectified by circumventing the law and by abusing the exercise of executive power. Through the DAP, the administration tried to rectify its lackluster performance during the early years when it treated the bureaucracy with distrust, reviewed contracts at snail pace, and reinvented processes and procedures. The result was the bogging down of the government machinery. The administration had other alternatives of recognizing its own mistakes, cohorting the bureaucracy and Congress to share its vision and prioritize its development programs. It would do us all well to stop rationalizing the DAP, acknowledge that it was wrong and make restitution by enforcing accountability, that is, sanctioning those who did wrong.

The DAP is said to be fraught with good intentions. But the end does not justify the means. Otherwise, a thief can always present himself as a Robin Hood, a corrupt officer can always say that he did not follow the rules to streamline operations, and a tax evader can always say that he uses the stolen funds to help the poor.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

mguevara@synergeia.org.ph

On the news tonight, there were reports of impeachment raps against PNoy because of the DAP. DAP, being a form of technical malversation, may indeed be grounds for impeachment/criminal prosecution. In particular, the judiciary is up in arms and angry because of PNoy's interference in this co-equal branch of government. I believe his biggest mistake was to give into his vindictive nature by having former CJ Corona impeached. Now he's made a formidable enemy of the judiciary.