• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Pacquiao-Mayweather: “It’s going to happen”

grayle

Interesting piece from Yahoo....

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=AhMJs7gBcznAv.U.NehKnlpShgM6?slug=dw-wetzel_mayweather_ortiz_merchant_091911

an excerpt:

"Here is what happened to some of Pacquiao’s last seven opponents:

Antonio Margarito, pummeled repeatedly, broken orbital bone, sent to hospital. Miguel Cotto, pummeled repeatedly, TKO, sent to hospital. Ricky Hatton, knocked out cold, sent to hospital, hasn’t fought since. Oscar De La Hoya, pummeled repeatedly, TKO’d, hasn’t fought since. David Diaz, pummeled repeatedly, TKO’d, sent to hospital.

The other two (Joshua Clottey, Shane Mosley) essentially refused to fight, covered up for 12 rounds and accepted lopsided losses by decision.

Pacquiao doesn’t just defeat opponents; he punishes them right into an ambulance. Mayweather, attempting to spin the argument, notes that he beat most of those guys before Pacquiao and claims he “softened them up."

Perhaps. It’s also possible Mayweather sees the destruction Pacquiao can do to a man’s health, reputation and career, and wouldn’t mind avoiding him completely."

I saw another piece in Sports Illustrated last week - can't find the link yet, but generally it said the reason why this Gayweather does want to address the question of fighting Pacman is he is afraid of the mere thought that he can lose and have his undefeated record taken away from him and thereby his main claim for greatness.

Well - Gayweather is on the defensive now - it is a question asked of him - when will he fight Pacman.

Why do stupid promoters continue to give this Gayman big purse sa kanyang mga laban? Its about time that promoters stop giving this Chicken big time money sa kanyang mga laban. Tingnan nyo, sa dami ng i se settle niya sa court and off-court, mapipilitang labanan niyang Nigger na yan si Pacman. Ticket sales sa mga laban ni Bading hindi na so sold out. Arum and the rest of the promoters should sit down and make agreements not to offer Gayee big purses.

Thank you for the grotesque mental image.

Hindi ko pinanood iyung whole fight, nadaanan lang sa channel surfing and sa news, pero malayo ang impact ni Floyd kay Pacquiao. Where was Pacquiao more than 10 years ago? He was at war with poverty and anonymity. Muntikan nang maging kanta ni Simon and Garfunkel ang buhay nun.

Floyd is extra extra extra coward. He just presents a lot of excuses when the real issue is WHO IS THE BEST BOXER BETWEEN HIM AND MANNY.

Why do stupid promoters continue to give this Gayman big purse sa kanyang mga laban? Its about time that promoters stop giving this Chicken big time money sa kanyang mga laban. Tingnan nyo, sa dami ng i se settle niya sa court and off-court, mapipilitang labanan niyang Nigger na yan si Pacman. Ticket sales sa mga laban ni Bading hindi na so sold out. Arum and the rest of the promoters should sit down and make agreements not to offer Gayee big purses.

I totally agree with you Master. In fact, during the fight, majority of the fans were actually cheering for Ortiz. The only thing they were waiting for was for Ortiz to defeat Mayweather.

In that fight, it shows that gayweather isn't as quick as he used to be and how dirty of a boxer he is and of course the opportunist that he is. Surely, Pacquiao watched it and would definitely be wary of him once na matuloy ang laban nila....

Pacquiao said that there's nothing illegal to what Floyd did. But Manny himself would never do that because it's not a real sportman's move.

According to NV Commission, Mayweather-Ortiz did gate of $9.0 million.

13,364 tickets sold, 1,268 complimentaries given out and 3,052 unsold tickets.

---> KEVIN IOLE

ayun na!!! kita na natin ang hatak power (?) ni ms. gayweather tsk tsk tsk

by the way, aren't tickets for the pacquiao-marquez bout sold out already? hhhmmmmm

Pacquiao’s Reaction to Mayweather’s Statements

By Eddie Alinea

PhilBoxing.com

Wed, 21 Sep 2011

“Same here…. if he doesn’t need me, I also don’t need him.”

This was how eight-division champion Manny Pacquiao reacted to arch-rival Floyd Mayweather Jr.’s statement that he doesn’t need to fight the Filipino ring idol made after fashioning out a controversial knockout and dethroning of Victor Ortiz last Sunday.

“Matagal ko nang sinabi na at this stage of my boxing career, hindi ko na kailangang labanan siya para ma-preserve ang legacy na iiwanan ko kung ako’y mag-re-retiro, di ba? “ Pacquiao said.

“I repeat, I believe I already have done so much to boxing, in particular, and sports in general,” Pacquiao averred in a a telephone interview after Monday’s start of his high-altitude training in Baguio City.

“Marami na rin akong nagawa para sa sarili ko, sa pamilya ko at maging sa ating bansa at sa ating mga kababayang Pilipino,” he

asserted. “Ang mga nagawa ko, walang bahid dungis. Walang pumintas sa akin at walang nagsabing masama ang ginawa ko.”

“Pinapurihan din ako ng mga prestigious magazines and publications like Time, at kinilala ng mga matataas na pinuno ng ilang bansa. So, ano pa ang hihingin ko? May karagdagan bang karangalan akong makukuha kung lalabanan ko siya? “ he asked.

“Maybe yes, but to me, bonus na lang yun. Alam mo, sa tutoo lang, ayaw talaga niya akong labanan. Ayaw niyang masira ang undefeated record nya. Alam niya kasi me talo siya sa akin,” he said giggling.

The 32-year-old Pacquiao, the present day pound-for-pound king of boxing, was referring to numerous accolades bestowed upon him, including a one-on-one meeting with United States President Barack Obama.

“Kung ang pinakamataas na opisyal mismo ng pinakamakapanyarihang bansa sa mundo ay naniniwala sa akin, wala na talaga akong mahihiling pa,” the Pacman, who is fighting Mexican legend Juan Manuel Marquez for the third time on Nov. 12, stressed.

He clarified though that if a fight against the new World Boxing Council welterweight kingpin is finally arranged, he will abide because it’s the fight all of boxing fans in the entire universe want.

“Yes, pero hindi ako ang magpipilit na mangyari yun. If it will happen, it will happen. Kung gusto niya, okay sa akin, kung ayaw nya, hindi ako ang mawawalan, ” he reasoned out.

ayun na!!! kita na natin ang hatak power (?) ni ms. gayweather tsk tsk tsk

by the way, aren't tickets for the pacquiao-marquez bout sold out already? hhhmmmmm

as early as 1st week of september sold out na tickets... sa ebay and other US sites, and black markets binebenta na tickets as much as $17K.. ^_^ ^_^ ^_^