Are You Proud To Be A Filipino?

Proud? This has made me thinking. I cant feel say that I am totally proud to be Pinoy.

We are a nation of heroes and villains. Fools and the wise. Everywhere I go the remnants of my disgust and shame of the ignorance and corruption. How can I be totally proud?

I am Filipino this is my identity. I will live my life as the best as I could maybe I will see a time when I look in the eyes of every Filipino and say good job kababayan,

But for now I will be proud of the Filipinos who has done our country honour and disgust for the corrupt and the wicked. I am FIlipino.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes,

Because Filipinos are like roaches (in a positive way). We can survive the worst of the conditions and still take the harshness of life with a lot of humor. However, that trait might also be the reason why we accept mediocrity for our country. Because we can crack a joke and lighten any situation no matter how bad it is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i am proud to be a filipino. we do have our million downs. (kase yun lang nasa news)

pero yun good side ng pagiging pilipino wala na ata nakakarealize.

try living in other countries and comparisons can be made.

tayo na lang ata ang country na nakaka afford ng maid. or maids and yaya's (kung maliit na bagay lang yan, try living abroad you'll find that time ain't your friend) laba, linis, iron market, cook, clean etc. ubos na time.

taxes. mataas daw tax sa atin. not really. ask canadians, :)

sss, philhealth pag ibig subsidies... sa ibang bansa, no use na sa taas ng living expense... or wala totally

fresh food sanay tayo masyado sa fresh food, that we dont realize. ask singaporeans. sobrang mahal ng fresh food nila. (try chilli crabs) its f#&king $50 per piece! its like 1500 pesos isang crab. one smb for 150 pesos.

islands and beaches... its a gift from above para sa atin, walang pumapansin. sa ibang lugar they cant swim in their beaches (sobrang lamig) waves as high as a building. sharks, jelly fishes etc.

cars! an abundance in cars. yeah wala ferari kasi d natin afford. pero the opportunity to own a car. check other coutries kung madali makabili ng car.

women. ilan ms universe ulit natin? hehehe well hindi lahat head turner. pero madami :)

proud ako na pilipino ako, d man sa lahat ng bagay, pero im lucky to be here.

Yes i am. I think when people lived abroad ( in the United States for example), you'd realize that most white people are trash and don't have morals. You'd be proud to know that despite of how you're raised and how poor you were while you were growing up, you'd appreciate every pound of spanking that you've relished while you were a kid. You tend to hang on to your values for your survival in this cut-throat place. You're so proud to be not the pill-popping, moody and drama-rama person like most white women are.

• 3 weeks later...