What Is Your Dream Gun?

Itto Ogami

I think

Looks like your have yourself quite an armory there. BTW I noticed my firearms licenses are all expired. I thought they were valid for 3 years. 2 years lang pala. Could you recommend a gun dealer who can expedite the renewal of my licenses? I know a couple at Makati Cinema Square. Sobrang mahal lang ng processing fee. Last time I had the licenses renewed, they charged me P16,000 to renew the licenses of 1 S&W 9mm auto, 1 .22 Walther P22 auto, 1 .38 Squires Bingham revolver, and 1 .22 Marlin rifle model 795 with a 10 shot clip.

I think what most of them charge for handling license renewals is about P4,000. My handler charges about that amount.

My HS2000/Springfield XD has a mag capacity of 12+1 in the chamber but I don't load mags fully. When carrying, I always bring at least one spare loaded mag, it's considered good SOP. For loads, I go to gun stores that do their own loading that I know from experience to be reliable, so I can find out the specs of components -- primers, shells, powder and heads. I also have a few friends who do their own loading. Before shooting reloads, I ask the people at the range to put each one through one of those things, I forget what it's called, to check dimensions so you know they'll fit in your chamber.

So as not to be OT, one of my dream guns is a Winchester lever-action 30-30 like the cowboys used. Even if only for the romance and the history of it. Someone offered me one but I couldn't buy it at the time.

Also I'd like to get one of those new TCM .22's (Tuason Craig Magnum, developed by Fred Craig for Amrscor, sariling atin). The TCM is meant to compete with the FN and HK high-velocity small caliber rounds. I think its head is .224 and it has a necked-down .223 shell. (Hmmm, how do you neck down from .223 to .224?) I tested the TCM at Armscor which has a .45 caliber frame pistol for it. Fun to shoot, lots of noise and muzzle flash but still not as impressive as my .357. Interesting ballistics, though.

I have a cousin who fired a .50 in the US about a year ago. Unbelievable kick daw sabi niya. So the next time I visit him, I'll make sure he brings me over to the range to try out the .50.

nung nabasa ko to lalo akong na-excite. may risk talaga na mabali ang buto sa mga ganyan but somehow parang mas lalo akong namotivate, someday makakahawak din ako nyan, swerte mo naman sir share mo din experience mo after you try out the gun.

I think

I think what most of them charge for handling license renewals is about P4,000. My handler charges about that amount.

My HS2000/Springfield XD has a mag capacity of 12+1 in the chamber but I don't load mags fully. When carrying, I always bring at least one spare loaded mag, it's considered good SOP. For loads, I go to gun stores that do their own loading that I know from experience to be reliable, so I can find out the specs of components -- primers, shells, powder and heads. I also have a few friends who do their own loading. Before shooting reloads, I ask the people at the range to put each one through one of those things, I forget what it's called, to check dimensions so you know they'll fit in your chamber.

So as not to be OT, one of my dream guns is a Winchester lever-action 30-30 like the cowboys used. Even if only for the romance and the history of it. Someone offered me one but I couldn't buy it at the time.

Also I'd like to get one of those new TCM .22's (Tuason Craig Magnum, developed by Fred Craig for Amrscor, sariling atin). The TCM is meant to compete with the FN and HK high-velocity small caliber rounds. I think its head is .224 and it has a necked-down .223 shell. (Hmmm, how do you neck down from .223 to .224?) I tested the TCM at Armscor which has a .45 caliber frame pistol for it. Fun to shoot, lots of noise and muzzle flash but still not as impressive as my .357. Interesting ballistics, though.

I was afraid of that. That's how much I paid for each firearm license the last time. Mabigat sa bulsa. Anyway,

I though you might be interested in these articles:

http://www.lasc.us/Brennan_2-1_MeasuringGunDimensions.htm

http://www.ehow.com/how_7320858_measure-rifle-cartridges.html

Just out of curiosity, I was just wondering where you'd be using your .30-30 Winchester lever-action rifle. There are no Indians around :lol: . Just kidding.

As for the TCM .22s, here's an article you might want to read. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.22_TCM

I wonder if these are available for sale in the Philippines. As far as muzzle velocity goes, I think .223/5.56mm harball used in the Colt AR-15/M16 assault rifles still has a slight edge over the .224s.

I was afraid of that. That's how much I paid for each firearm license the last time. Mabigat sa bulsa. Anyway,

I though you might be interested in these articles:

http://www.lasc.us/B...nDimensions.htm

http://www.ehow.com/...cartridges.html

Just out of curiosity, I was just wondering where you'd be using your .30-30 Winchester lever-action rifle. There are no Indians around :lol: . Just kidding.

As for the TCM .22s, here's an article you might want to read. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.22_TCM

I wonder if these are available for sale in the Philippines. As far as muzzle velocity goes, I think .223/5.56mm harball used in the Colt AR-15/M16 assault rifles still has a slight edge over the .224s.

Hey, thanks for the links.

A 30.30 lever action is a classic, and as a student of firearms, I'd love to have one. There are modern-day versions of Indians, and they need to be shot, so a 30.30 would still come in handy. laugh.gif

Armscor is selling a .45 frame pistol that chambers the TCM. You can shoot it as a house gun at their range. I just don't know if the TCM has been tried in a rifle-length barrel for an apples-to-apples ballistic comparison with the .223/5.56.

Edited by viral

A 30.30 lever action is a classic, and as a student of firearms, I'd love to have one. There are modern-day versions of Indians, and they need to be shot, so a 30.30 would still come in handy. laugh.gif

Armscor is selling a .45 frame pistol that chambers the TCM. You can shoot it as a house gun at their range. I just don't know if the TCM has been tried in a rifle-length barrel for an apples-to-apples ballistic comparison with the .223/5.56.

It would be interesting to see TCM ammo used in a rifle-length barrel so a comparison could be made with the .223. Maybe the velocity of TCM ammo may increase significantly if fired through a rifle.

• 2 weeks later...

Armscor released a bolt action rifle that used the .22 TCM during the Gun Show last November. the Magazine could take 7 rounds, but its dimensions were similar to their 9mm magazines. ergo, you could use the regular 15-16 round TCM magazines in the rifle.

i was told that they will be placing out a semi-auto carbine, maybe during the Gun Show this weekend or for the Gun Show in November-December. now, that would be a nice camp carbine.......

• 3 weeks later...

@ Viral- back to the .22TCM. hate to tell you, but there is currently no reloader for the ammo. even Armscor range is waiting for a reloader from the US. next year pa daw.....

Bummer. Hard to believe they sponsored the development of this caliber and they don't have reloaders. Thanks for the info, brother. That carbine You mentioned would be great to have! ph34r.gif

@ viral- yup, and i don't think that would change soon. let's face it, you can actually get autos at a cheaper price than hunting rifles. as it is, i am contemplating either a CZ858 or, if i can find one, a Magal. i need a nice carbine around Xmas time.....

Edited by miggyE
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

puede ba yung phasers ng Star Trek fame - panaginip lang naman

Bakit hindi? I think they have been working on those things, energy weapons.

So as not to be OT, a friend told me about a Browning Hi-Power that he wants to get from another friend. This 9 mm pistol is a classic that has been around for a long time like the 1911, with same designer, John Browning. My friend said it is in perfect shape with the sights changed, the action tuned. I have always wanted one of those. Swerte nya. Anyone who studies firearms would want one. Sigh.

Edited by viral