Do You Have The Time?

bonito99

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

does anyone have any inkling of the brand certina? saw one earlier for the first time and i must admit, their watches look good. just wasn't able to feel one as i was in a hurry. want to see if it is heavy and is of solid make.

the thing going for it is that it is a swiss company with a 120 year history. but unfortunately, it's current owners are the swatch company and this puts a damp on it's credibility as a serious watch.

anyone care to comment? any owners?

I have a trusty old stainless Tag Heuer wristwatch which I seldom wear, it was given to me as a gift.

For office use, I have a Platinum Yacht-Master Rolex (Junior Size) which I really love 'coz it's monotone, it has that classic elegance and low-profile feel.

There's this one time, I went to Sanctuario spa, the watch slipped-off my hand and fell on the concrete floor face down, the so called "crystal scratch-proof glass"literally cracked.

I went to washington Shang, they had it fixed at Rolex Makati.

My damage: 11k for a glass replacement.

Could have been an overnight with Jenna already! Lol!

does anyone have any inkling of the brand certina? saw one earlier for the first time and i must admit, their watches look good. just wasn't able to feel one as i was in a hurry. want to see if it is heavy and is of solid make.

the thing going for it is that it is a swiss company with a 120 year history. but unfortunately, it's current owners are the swatch company and this puts a damp on it's credibility as a serious watch.

anyone care to comment? any owners?

dont fret too much about Certina belonging to the Swatch group. It is in very distinguished company with brands like Breguet, Blancpain, Glashütte Original, Union Glashütte, Omega SA, Rado, Longines, Tissot and Mido to name a few.

is the swiss army an automatic? but regardless, by looks alone and probabaly price also, I would say go for the seiko orange monster. yun nga lang I am abit biased....

Thanks for response. Yup the swiss is an auto. Chronos was quoting the Zodiac at 10,450. The Swiss at 22,500.

Will make a carefull comparative of the three before purchase.