Do You Have The Time?

bonito99

GMT II or Submariner?  Some say GMT is more bang for the buck.  Any comments?

hey pokpok,

ive had that very same dilemma when i bought my sub... but after i decided to get the sub i never looked backed....a lot has to be said that the sub is celebrating its 50th (or something) year anniversary. abroad, the sub gets more attention than my datejust

hey pokpok,

ive had that very same dilemma when i bought my sub... but after i decided to get the sub i never looked backed....a lot has to be said that the sub is celebrating its 50th (or something) year anniversary.  abroad, the sub gets more attention than my datejust

logical deduction would tell you that the most popular watch would be the most commonly copied or imitated watch. the most copied watch, whether replicas or outright plagarizations has to be the s/s sub with date and the datejust.

Atong,

I remember seeing an ad for class AAA copy of Rolex (Sub) in buyandsell for P3,500.  Is this a good price?  Any recommendations on where a good quality replica can be had in Manila?  Salamat!

i saw AAA replicas for 3,500 at greenhills.

the subs are very similar except for the small date magnification and the rough edge around the cyclops.

the datejusts also have the same problem with the cyclops and the roman numeral markings on the dial are edged compared to the rounded ones on the originals. two-tone bracelets give a different shine. the fonts of the rolex and superlative chronometer markings on the dial are also bolder.

if i were to choose, id go for the s/s sub and s/s stick datejusts

:D

i saw AAA replicas for 3,500 at greenhills.

the subs are very similar except for the small date magnification and the rough edge around the cyclops.

the datejusts also have the same problem with the cyclops and the roman numeral markings on the dial are edged compared to the rounded ones on the originals. two-tone bracelets give a different shine.  the fonts of the rolex and superlative chronometer markings on the dial are also bolder. 

if i were to choose, id go for the s/s sub and s/s stick datejusts

:D

I will buy one and post a pic in December. Salamat ulit! :)

Pang harabas :P

you can always buy another new watch for that amount. 3.5k can get you a casio, seiko or citizen, which is not bad... unless you're maintaining a certain look. like the look of a jubillee bracelet or black sub on your wrists complementing a plain shirt. but at 3.5k with the movement unestablished? anyone experience having a AAA replica that lasted? feedback heavily appreciated. if for 3.5k and it could last more than 5 years, then not bad. seikos last almost more than 5 years.

bo, any insights on AAA's and any suggestions?

for harabas... i used to wear a tag 2000... now its an oris arterlier moonphase or sandoz sub.

you can always buy another new watch for that amount.  3.5k can get you a casio, seiko or citizen, which is not bad... unless you're maintaining a certain look. like the look of a  jubillee bracelet or black sub on your wrists complementing a plain shirt.  but at 3.5k with the movement unestablished?  anyone experience having a AAA replica that lasted? feedback heavily appreciated. if for 3.5k and it could last more than 5 years, then not bad. seikos last almost more than 5 years.

bo, any insights on AAA's and any suggestions?

for harabas... i used to wear a tag 2000... now its an oris arterlier moonphase or sandoz sub.

I still wear my black face datejust pang harabas. I'm still fond of it, but... as a watch fiend, I'm sure you understand.

I also looked into a Sandoz sub because of the better movements, but since I'll be in Manila in about 10 days, I thought, why not buy one there. If I bought one online, it probably wouldn't get here on time. Also the cost is another factor. The Singapore Sandoz models that caught my eye is in the P15K range includes shipping. These watches will more than likely be disposable, so P3.5K each doesn't sound bad comparatively speaking.

I still wear my black face datejust pang harabas.  I'm still fond of it, but... as a watch fiend, I'm sure you understand.

I also looked into a Sandoz sub because of the better movements, but since I'll be in Manila in about 10 days, I thought,  why not buy one there.  If I bought one online, it probably wouldn't get here on time.  Also the cost is another factor.  The Singapore Sandoz models that caught my eye is in the P15K range includes shipping.  These watches will more than likely be disposable, so P3.5K each doesn't sound bad comparatively speaking.

graduated from datejusts? i thought it should be the other way around with the younger people wanting sports watches more then having more refined tastes and switching to datejusts as they get old.

just pm me when you are coming to manila. we could take a look together.

Those replicas are tempting, but I'll pass ;)

I'd go for originals. I even have 30  year old seikos (Bullhead and Speedtimers) for harabas.

But pang-harabas talaga... Casio Digital or Seiko Divers :) Why wear a sub at the beach? ;)

i'm thinking of passing up on this too, but i'm too interested in its detail and in what's inside. :D

thinking of the logic pokpok gave me, the idea suddenly came up on my mind that however similar a citizen or sandoz datejust or sub may be to their rolex counterparts, the wont be exactly the same. the curves of the case and band will be different; so will be the dial markings. maybe if you would want to try on some watches and see how they look on your wrists with different outfits, that is the way to go. or you might want to maintain a certain 'look' at all times without wearing out your rolex watch. the replica might come in handy. this, however, defeats the purpose of the design of the oyster case. most people, myself included, are afraid that the jubilee bracelet stretches or the oyster bracelet gets scratched.

another option is the tudor series which is quite resembling but recognizably different. IMHO, the recent tudor prince date has an elegant bracelet design. another plus is that they are not that well-copied. i had only seen 3 tudor replicas so far--a hydronaut, a rectangular prince date, a round prince date with diamond markers. all were easily distinguishable as replicas.