Do You Have The Time?

bonito99

graduated from datejusts? i thought it should be the other way around with the younger people wanting sports watches more then having more refined tastes and switching to datejusts as they get old.

just pm me when you are coming to manila. we could take a look together.

I'm not that young, and this might just be the beginning of my mid life crisis. :D Also I'm trying to get in all of my joneses fixed before I get married and get a new commander!

i'm thinking of passing up on this too, but i'm too interested in its detail and in what's inside.  :D

thinking of the logic pokpok gave me, the idea suddenly came up on my mind that however similar a citizen or sandoz datejust or sub may be to their rolex counterparts,  the wont be exactly the same.  the curves of the case and band will be different; so will be the dial markings.  maybe if you would want to try on some watches and see how they look on your wrists with different outfits, that is the way to go.  or you might want to maintain a certain 'look' at all times without wearing out your rolex watch.  the replica might come in handy.  this, however, defeats the purpose of the design of the oyster case.  most people, myself included, are afraid that the jubilee bracelet stretches or the oyster bracelet gets scratched.

another option is the tudor series which is quite resembling but recognizably different.  IMHO, the recent tudor prince date has an elegant bracelet design. another plus is that they are not that well-copied.  i had only seen 3 tudor replicas so far--a hydronaut, a rectangular prince date, a round prince date with diamond markers. all were easily distinguishable as replicas.

Another alternative is the Tag Aquaracer. I haven't seen one up close, but the pictures look magically delicious :P Can be had for about $700 on ebay. But I'm looking to buy a Rolex and I'm making sure it's the one for now because it would be completely insane if I bought both.

Atong,  Is your Sandoz sub for sale?  Post a pic!  I'm interested.  Bring it when we look at replica's in greenhills.  I would buy that first rather than buying some unknown movement knockoff.

ive seen the insides of 2 replica AAA datejusts. one has 'enicar 21 jewels' engraved on the rotor but i doubt if they really use enicar. the other one is unbranded. most probably made in china.

as to the sub, i gave the bo man the right of first refusal. if he doesnt take it, i'll bring it when we meet. i cant post a pic now since my digicam is not with me, wildo if i get it back.

Another alternative is the Tag Aquaracer.  I haven't seen one up close, but the pictures look magically delicious  :P  Can be had for about $700 on ebay.  But I'm looking to buy a Rolex and I'm making sure it's the one for now because it would be completely insane if I bought both.

honestly i think tags are overrated and overmarketed. the aquaracer looks like a sleeker and bolder 2000. looks like they just copied a seiko divers and signed a diving champ to endorse it just to come up with something new. for $700, i'd sugggest you go for a pre-owned seamaster for a stylish beater or hydronaut for a more sturdy-looking one. :D

you can always buy another new watch for that amount.  3.5k can get you a casio, seiko or citizen, which is not bad... unless you're maintaining a certain look. like the look of a  jubillee bracelet or black sub on your wrists complementing a plain shirt.  but at 3.5k with the movement unestablished?  anyone experience having a AAA replica that lasted? feedback heavily appreciated. if for 3.5k and it could last more than 5 years, then not bad. seikos last almost more than 5 years.

bo, any insights on AAA's and any suggestions?

for harabas... i used to wear a tag 2000... now its an oris arterlier moonphase or sandoz sub.

In the last 6 months, I have bought a Cartier Santos, Franck Mueller Vegas, and a Rolex explorer II. Bought them at ioffer for about P5K each. The Mueller is too big and clunky and I don't ever wear it. The Cartier is a quartz and is very nice, another consideration for a buy later on. The explorer II is good cosmetically. The magnification is probably at 1.5x. The weight is comparable. There are many telltale signs up close, the most glaring would be the hour markers, but can fool all from 3 feet. I actually have the book the rolex report which has good details on spotting fakes. The movement is suppose to be Japanese and quit working after the 2nd month. Now work as a paper weight. Does a fine job. :D

In the last 6 months, I have bought a Cartier Santos, Franck Mueller Vegas, and a Rolex explorer II.  Bought them at ioffer for about P5K each.  The Mueller is too big and clunky and I don't ever wear it.  The Cartier is a quartz and is very nice, another consideration for a buy later on. The explorer II is good cosmetically.  The magnification is probably at 1.5x.  The weight is comparable.  There are many telltale signs up close, the most glaring would be the hour markers, but can fool all from 3 feet.  I actually have the book the rolex report which has good details on spotting fakes.  The movement is suppose to be Japanese and quit working after the 2nd month.  Now work as a paper weight.  Does a fine job.  :D

where are you located?

proper magnification should be around 2.5x. where did you buy the rolex report book? how about the movement of the cartier?

where are you located? 

proper magnification should be around 2.5x. where did you buy the rolex report book? how about the movement of the cartier?

Atong, I'm sorry, I should have clarified that these watches mentioned are all knock offs. I am in Wisconsin USA. I bought the rolex report on ebay. It is by John E. Brozek. I am 100% sure you can still find it on ebay. All of the movements are suppose to be made in Japan. In the ad, the Rolex is suppose to have a miota movement. This must be Japanese for POS.

Atong,  I'm sorry, I should have clarified that these watches mentioned are all knock offs.  I am in Wisconsin USA.  I bought the rolex report on ebay. It is by John E. Brozek.  I am 100% sure you can still find it on ebay.  All of the movements are suppose to be made in Japan.    In the ad, the Rolex is suppose to have a miota movement. This must be Japanese for POS.

that book is quite difficult to find locally. how much did you buy it for?

just passed by greenhills today and chatted with one store owner. asking price for AAA was 3,500. only rolex has AAA replicas. it will definitely be lower for multiple purchases. regular class A's go for 1,800 for leather strap. these guys are so updated they even have the recent tag heuer f1 series which goes for 2,500 and the omega 1932 l.a. olympic series speedmaster with red inscription and hands. they even have a red sub and it surprisingly looks good (why didnt rolex think of that).

other class A models noticed:

oris- chronograph, tt1 divers blue dial

omega - seamaster blue dial, seamaster gmt, speedy earth moon and mars, speedy broad arrow, de ville

iwc - aquatimer, gst chrono-rattrapante, spitfire utc, fliegerchrono (grey dial???)

tudor - 2-tone square, white/grey dial/subdial chrono, hydronaut (very rare)

cartier - name it, theyve got it. even models for 2007 :D

other bastardized brands (with models that dont even make it to the catalogues) - lange, patek, piaget, breguet, concorde, constantin, muller, nardin, breitling, baume, AP.

hmmm, quite unusual but i didnt see a chronoswiss.

forgot to warn you guys, though, that these class A watches are easily distinguished by people familiar with the watches from about a meter away. i'm not an expert on this but i could tell even if i sat across the table.

i advise to stick to the rolexes. they practically mastered the art of copying it. i couldnt even detect it unless taken down from the wrists and i'm holding it.

better yet, go for the authentic

:hypocritesmiley:

i'm clearing some of the watches from my collection:

1) oris arterlier moonphase - just bought early this year, open warranty. P 20k

2) tudor prince date 2-tone champagne dial roman markers - just serviced this

september at rolex center. - P 40k

prices firm.

all watches come with complete inner/outer boxes and papers.

this is getting expensive. should have picked another hobby :(