Mafia Wars On Facebook

zeromike22

EQUIPMENT 'DREAM GEAR'

Here is a list of the best equipment available (as of Bangkok Episode 5b) including where each item can be found.

Attack:

1 Harpoon Cannon [88,51] (Master Pirate in Bangkok)

1 Typhoon Cleavers [70, 112] (Master Ep 5B in Bangkok)

1 Cazador Assault Rifle [60,25] (Master El Cacique in Cuba)

1 Avispa Machine Gun [54,24] (Master El Jefe in Cuba)

1 Boss Karpov's Pistol [50,38] (Master Boets in Moscow)

496 Ubijca Assault Rifle [43,18] (Vor, Chapter 2- choose Vory in Moscow)

or 496 Tanto [43,28] (Choose Yakuza in Episode 5A, Chapter 3)

1 Ronin Armor [72, 111] (Master ep 5A in Bangkok)

1 Tiger Sak Yant [65,42] (Master Brawler in Bangkok)

499 Yakuza Assassins [50,26] (From Yakuza faction store: Allied Standing)

1 Armored War Elephant [96, 69] (Master Commandant in Bangkok)

1 Royal Thai Police Tank [58,74] (Master Criminal in Bangkok)

1 The Drakon [54,22] (Master Pakhan in Moscow)

1 Trio Napoli [47, 23] (Chop Shop in NY)*

497 Fugama Hasu (Lotus) [46,23] (Yakuza faction store: Honored Standing)

Mafia Attack Strength: 69854

Defense:

1 Typhoon Cleavers [70,112] (Master Episode 5B in Bangkok)

1 ZPR Pulemut [28,65] (Master Vor in Moscow)

499 Cheng-Wei X94 Machine Guns [25,45] (Triad faction store: Neutral standing)

1 Ronin Armor [72,111] (Master Episode 5A in Bangkok)

500 Shaolin Bodyguards [27,51] (Triad faction store: Allied standing)

1 Royal Thai Police Tank [58,74] (Master Criminal in Bangkok)

1 Armored War Elephant [96,69] (Master Commandant in Bangkok)

1 Cocodrilo APC [42,56] (Master El Padrino in Cuba)

1 Barsuk SUV [36,52] (Master Baklan in Moscow)

1 Red Angel [16, 49] (Chop Shop in NY)*

1 Russian Dazatz 45 [18, 46] (Chop Shop in NY)*

1 Rebel 2 [40, 45] (Chop Shop in NY)*

494 Lloyd's Spectres [18,45] (Choose Yakuza in Episode 5b, Chapter 2]

Defense power: 70864

* It is possible to acquire multiple items from the Chop Shop in NY.

this just in

10 Million Fan Appreciation Event

Save the Date: March 30th & 31st

This past month Mafia Wars reached 10 million fans on our Facebook Fan Page, an amazing feat we couldn’t have accomplished without all of you. To show you our appreciation, we have developed something special for our fans on Facebook; on March 30th 12:01 pm Pacific Time - 31st 11:50 pm Pacific Time we will be rolling out some limited time celebration features.

For 48 hours, all Facebook users will be given the following appreciation gifts:

* Double Mastery in all Cities--New York, Cuba, Moscow and Bangkok! Your mastery bar will move toward 100% at double the speed!

* All fights produce 25% more experience.

* Everyone that plays during this event will receive a Limited Edition item, the “Heavy Hand.”

* Stats will be released closer to the event dates!

If you haven’t joined us on our Fan page make sure to do that now, so you can get the latest news & announcements, discuss with fellow fans, or rate the game! Also we’ll be announcing the start of the event from there so make sure you and your friends become fans today…

Thanks again for all of your support. We wouldn’t be here without our fans!

The Mafia Wars Team

Edited by Pipe

it is.. pero it poses an "issue" with tagged players and their alliances -- no attacking, no hitlisting, no sucker punch, no robbing clause..

kasi on the robbing grid (3 x 3).. di mo naman kita ang player na i-rob mo diba? :P

they are allowed to rob the the ally one time..

so sorry nalang.. zynga messes with everybody..

who here was able to rob that "zynga account" and in return got the 3 elusive money achievements?

there is so much fuzz in MW world for 5 hours now.. :lol:

URGENT BULLENTIN* JUST CAME IN TO ME ! URGENT, FOR ALL THOSE GETTING THE TRILLIONS FROM THE ROBBING GLITCH THAT IS POSTED ALL OVER FB, BLOCK THE PERSON YOU HAVE ROBBED FROM AND CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD. NOT SURE ON THE WHOLE OF THE UPDATE AS YET, BUT WILL POST IT LATER, THIS HAS JUST COME TO ME AS AN URGENT WARNING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PASS IT ALONG ..

Due to recent leaks of information vital to the security of the Mafia Wars infra-structure a character using profile ID: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

is scheduled to be released in an effort to track and correct the internal leakage of information. The above referenced profile is in fact a Zynga test account equipped with an unlimited supply of NY Dollars. The account has banking features disabled and is designed to maintain a constantly re-generative 500 quadrillion cash amount and infinite health. The constant monitoring of this account will enable us to determine the source of our internal leaks, and to follow the web of sharing for a period of 21 days. All accounts accessing this profile will come under scrutiny for for TOS violations.

Developers please help us to find our source of leakage.

Edited by Pipe

more info from http://www.the-mafia-wars-guide.com/

Robbing Strategy and Mechanics

Robbing is now in game for all players! Even my rackets account (which still has rackets) can log in and start robbing. Now that I've gotten to play with it some, here is what I have noticed:

1) The amount of Mafia you can use during a robbery attempt depends on which type of property you try to rob.

The more expensive the property, the more Mafia Members you can use. For example, you can only use 2 mafia members to rob a flophouse but you can use 50 to rob a dockyard.

2) Equipment stats and stat points are somewhat additive. This picture was taken on my energy account, which has zero extra stat points in attack, yet I still had a much higher attack score than my opponent. It seems that the total offensive score is calculated by:

(Stat points in attack + score from equipment) * a random multiplier (anywhere from 1-3 it would seem).

Sometimes, I will rob a property with an attack score of 15,000, and then rob the same property and have an attack score of 5,000. The "random" element means that anyone at any point can win a robbery (and also lose one!), no matter how much attack, defense, or equipment you have.

There are a few practical results of this:

1) If you want to rob one of the smaller properties (ones where you can only use a few mafia members to help out), such as a flophouse, the fight comes entirely down to who has the most points in attack (or defense).

2) If you rob one of the larger properties, your equipment score vastly outweighs your stat point score.

3) "Special" loot pieces, especially job mastery rewards and Bangkok faction items, now weigh heavily into robbing.

4) Having a full set of good (but not great) loot is only important in robbing larger properties.

5) Attack boosts help out significantly in small robberies and mean nothing in large robberies.

6) Due to the random multiplier, even the weakest accounts will win some robberies, and even the strongest accounts will lose some robberies. While a lot of people don't like the randomly losing, I think the randomness is a good thing as it allows everyone to progress through robbing (i.e. there won't be so much whining from bad players), and since there is no penalty for losing, it doesn't matter too much if you lose once in awhile.

Here is how this comes into play:

1) My "fighting" account will win every small robbery attempt that it makes. Since I have been slacking on finishing content with it, it loses most larger robbery attempts! Missing out on Bangkok faction pieces and job mastery rewards will significantly impair your robbing ability, even if you have 1000 or more points in attack.

2) My energy account will lose every small robbery attempt it makes, but wins most of its larger robberies (where you can use 100+ members), since I have every special item, tons of faction loot, and all the job mastery rewards.

In short, your ability to win fights does not predict your ability to win robbing events. If you want to win all your robbery attempts, you need 1) all the job mastery rewards 2) about 25 of the Yakuza Assassin Bangkok faction items 3) a lot of stat points in attack.

There are no shortcuts here and it is fairly balanced. They did a good job in my opinion in that regard. I will post again later today with more info on the rewards and other robbing information.

someone has asked para san yung "cuban parts" sa chop shop..

it is for the CM Santiago R10 -- you will be able to use the cuban parts and acquite the CM Santiago if you reach level 4 sa chop shop

cuban parts are loot drops from CUBA jobs and cuba fights..

post-75595-1269894152.jpg

Edited by Pipe

in the same manner, thai parts are used for the Thai XS Max.. level 8 chop shop.

you can opt to make all cars to make yer profile "beautiful" or be "stronger" by keeping all your car parts and just make level 9 and 10 cars - who has best offense and defense, respectively - in all chop shop cars :D

goes without saying, thai parts are loot drops from bangkok fights and jobs :D

post-75595-1269894845.jpg

bits and bytes :P

ROBBING UPDATE

When you collect from properties in NY and if a business is flashing red color, it means you are being robbed.

Don't click on the 'COLLECT' button. Instead move the cursor above the 'COLLECT' button and you'll see that a box will appear. Click on it to see who is robbing you. It will also let you rob them back. You can also tell your mafia to rob this person.

Be sure and complete the new check list each day on the home page for a free skill point!!

There have been several reports about Facebook shutting down accounts for mass postings. The players involved post kills and ices on war pages. For some reason Facebook frowns on people who post things often so here is some advice.

Be selective on what you post. If in a war page or mock war, post several kills under one post, or only post the big ones.