• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Practical Shooting

pareng pare

Sorry its july 15 to july 19

thanks junix.

no problemo chief. will you be going? btw, my 12 year old son is seriously considering trying practical shooting. he's been shooting with me at armscor marikina since last year...pero mukhang na-engganyo talaga sa practical. any suggestions on what gun he should try? i have a colt 1911 but i think this one's a bit heavy for him. thanks in advance.

why not get him a carry gun muna? something in 9mm? Tanfoglios or Bersas? especially since Tanfoglio Force and the Armscor APP9 are both compatible and have polymer frames....both also have in 380. there are also single stack Kahrs out there, but i'm afraid i don't remember who distributes them....

no problemo chief. will you be going? btw, my 12 year old son is seriously considering trying practical shooting. he's been shooting with me at armscor marikina since last year...pero mukhang na-engganyo talaga sa practical. any suggestions on what gun he should try? i have a colt 1911 but i think this one's a bit heavy for him. thanks in advance.

Yes sir 1st day present na ako sa megamall.

Bro pwede mo try ung mga mas magaan na pistol, czpo7, cz rami, glocks.

Edited by arsonist2010

Yes sir 1st day present na ako sa megamall.

Bro pwede mo try ung mga mas magaan na pistol, czpo7, cz rami, glocks.

thanks for this info chief. i'll be checking these guns during the gun show. malamang sa 2nd day na kami dadaan ng son ko.

Ok copy. pwede mo din isama sa pagpilian SIG250, TAURUS PT107

i'll take note of these guns chief. btw, any reviews on the taurus guns? if my memory serves me right, i read some negative feedbacks on the taurus guns. anyway, i'll surely check on all these guns.

i'll take note of these guns chief. btw, any reviews on the taurus guns? if my memory serves me right, i read some negative feedbacks on the taurus guns. anyway, i'll surely check on all these guns.

@sir Junix, steer clear away from Taurus pistols! you are right, there have been a lot of negative feedbacks. i have personally witnessed, twice, slides literally falling to pieces from Taurus guns. their revolvers, however, seem to be a different case. does your kid have a grip capable of holding hicap pistols? if yes, you could go with APP/Tanfolglios, CZs, Jerichos, Sigs. the steyr is also a good pistol.

i wouldn't recommend a glock to a kid, until you are quite sure about his firearms discipline. the fact that there is no manual safety give me pause on that. since glocks are only being sold to police and soldiers nowadays, you might also find it hard to find one.....

@sir Junix, steer clear away from Taurus pistols! you are right, there have been a lot of negative feedbacks. i have personally witnessed, twice, slides literally falling to pieces from Taurus guns. their revolvers, however, seem to be a different case. does your kid have a grip capable of holding hicap pistols? if yes, you could go with APP/Tanfolglios, CZs, Jerichos, Sigs. the steyr is also a good pistol.

i wouldn't recommend a glock to a kid, until you are quite sure about his firearms discipline. the fact that there is no manual safety give me pause on that. since glocks are only being sold to police and soldiers nowadays, you might also find it hard to find one.....

thanks for these infos chief. actually my son's been firing his mom's 9mm bul cherokee for almost a year now and he's been steady with it. he once tried my colt 1911 but it was just too heavy for him. maybe we could check out some tanfoglios or CZs at the gun show. glock is certainly out of the picture.

i don't think the upcoming gunshow would be fun this year. walang ptc how am i going to buy another unit? ano iiwan ko lang sa bahay? :angry2:

:)glad i was able to talk to my wifey's cousin before he got reassigned back in the field. still got a valid ptc for the year. :)

I'm planning to buy a cal. 40 handgun, and a friend of mine is strongly recommending Glock. Can anyone give an alternative brand, and the reasons for it? Thanks a lot. I'm a newbie to shooting.

if you are looking for glock-like pistols, then try out the S&W M&P and the Springfield XDm/HS 2000 pistols. M&P delivers their patented quality on a polymer frame. the XDm and the HS- the XD is a duplicate of the HS, the XDm is a modified one- are roughly as reliable as a glock with a big advantage, grip safety. it will not fire unless there is a hand holding the grip. the M&P also has a thumb safety. to me, both features make both these pistols worthy alternatives to the glock