Admu Vs. Dlsu

cyrus08

2nd place or third place will never be remembered in history its like in NBA or PBA its championship or nothing. Lasalle showed its pride that they will never kneel down on ateneo and will never cry for it. Even the Lasalle fans and students just went home and ignore evrythign even Lasalle rectors. Matalu na sa lht wag lang sa ateneo pag pumayag sila kunin ung award it means they accept ateneo are better men than them. Lasalle showed there bravery in deciding not to show up and its an insult to ateneos face.

Bravery? errr..better check out your definition of bravery man..Anyhow..

Casio played his heart out in that 3rd quarter...and brought back the Archers..that should be a testament enough of the courage of a La Sallian amidst Ateneo's defense, a big 1st half deficit, some calls, Rico being thrown out etc..

Not showing up to receive the awards is another thing and it definitely ain't courage....

Edited by gherome

honestly 2nd or third place does not matter. Dapat tanggalin na un. Sa NBA, football sa europe, FIFA, champions league, its all about the winner walang runner up sa kanila. Kunswelo de bobo lang yang runner up at mag mumuka lang tanga. Pride is important and Lasalle showed it. Naka badtrip din ung me ceremony pa ung talu dpt wala na. E di lht masya nalang lagi khit 2nd place o third di na mag pupush para mag champion pag naka semi na masaya na dpt tanggalin na.

Edited by thedynamite007
honestly 2nd or third place does not matter. Dapat tanggalin na un. Sa NBA, football sa europe, FIFA, champions league, its all about the winner walang runner up sa kanila. Kunswelo de bobo lang yang runner up at mag mumuka lang tanga. Pride is important and Lasalle showed it. Naka badtrip din ung me ceremony pa ung talu dpt wala na. E di lht masya nalang lagi khit 2nd place o third di na mag pupush para mag champion pag naka semi na masaya na dpt tanggalin na.

ganyan talaga sa pinas. pero siempre since my trophy one way of accepting your loss and showing sportsmanship is to accept the trophy. pagka hindi kasi kinuha talagang ang paniwala nila sila dapat ang manalo sa series na ito.

Hypothetical question...if it was not Ateneo who beat DLSU. If it was UST, FEU or UE, etc..would you still arrive at the same conclusion?

School pride - being taken over to a whole different level. A throwback to the days of old....I thought this was outgrown already - but I guessed wrong..

Hypothetical question...if it was not Ateneo who beat DLSU. If it was UST, FEU or UE, etc..would you still arrive at the same conclusion?

School pride - being taken over to a whole different level. A throwback to the days of old....I thought this was outgrown already - but I guessed wrong..

id say yes .... its not about school pride.

Edited by denimhead

its a coronation of ateneo.... truly the better team this season.... the awarding medyo obious n one sided... last yr they give award to the scorer, rebounder,and assist.... takot cla magbigay ngayon kc c jervy will win both scoring and rebouning throphy.... and y was there no award for 6th man....takot cla n bigyan c maihofer wc i think should get due recognition.... saan rabah nyo? he was a non factor in2days game... c baclao dapat mvp ng finals...and yet they give it to chris tiu.....

"ok lang na talo kami at least good sport naman"

eff that bullISHT ....you join a competition to win ... you dont celebrate a loss.. you move on

yeap man..move on..congratulate the winners..acknowledge being the 2nd placer...rest for a bit..start preparing for the next season..

but this, IMO, is immaturity..nothing more than that..

id say yes .... its not about school pride.

uhmm..then what's it about? just plain pride?

Wag kanalang mag laru kung habul murin talu. by the way i'm 100% sure ateneo will do the same, they have the same motoo of "Matalu na sa lahat wag lang sa Lasalle"

Errr....I beg to disagree on that dude..I guess not all think that way (from the way I now see things, only a few think that way)..

Anyhow, those are your opinions. I have mine as well. But I'm just surprised that this attitude of being holier than thou still exists. Just like a spoiled child sulking 'coz of not having his way.

What's a DLSU-ADMU final without controversy right?

its a coronation of ateneo.... truly the better team this season.... the awarding medyo obious n one sided... last yr they give award to the scorer, rebounder,and assist.... takot cla magbigay ngayon kc c jervy will win both scoring and rebouning throphy.... and y was there no award for 6th man....takot cla n bigyan c maihofer wc i think should get due recognition.... saan rabah nyo? he was a non factor in2days game... c baclao dapat mvp ng finals...and yet they give it to chris tiu.....

Yeap...good point about the 6th man awardee though...I agree (that if there was one to be given), it should go to Rico (with Salamat coming in 2nd).. Baka walang sponsor lang..

But Baclao was indeed the finals mvp

Wag kanalang mag laru kung habul murin talu. by the way i'm 100% sure ateneo will do the same, they have the same motoo of "Matalu na sa lahat wag lang sa Lasalle"

hindi mo habol matalo... you play your heart out, do your best, and in the end if talo, you accept it, learn from it and move on... you don't sourgrape, you don't blame anyone... the fact is natalo e...

and i beg to disagree with your statement that Ateneo would do the same thing... totoo na they have that mentality na "matalo na sa lahat, wag lang sa lasalle", but kung natalo sila, im sure tatanggapin nila un... they would not boycott the awarding ceremony and not get their medals, they would accept defeat...

they've always shown class and respect for the teams they played this year (win or lose)... if you notice, sila lang ang buong team (including coaches) na humaharap sa crowd ng opponent when they sing that school sings their hymn...

bakit ganito tayo sa pilipinas, walang natatalo... its either nanalo ka or nadaya ka... pati ung nagpost kanina na dapat daw d nalang tinawag ung k rico dahil wala naman daw nakakita... so porke walang nanakita, hindi na tatawagin... tsk tsk tsk :thumbsdownsmiley:

anyway, call it what you want, a "shady win", a "tainted series", "luto", "nadaya", "biased"... bottomline is Ateneo won... they've been winning the whole year and no one can question that... they were the better team this season, plain and simple!

Go Ateneo!

One BIG Fight!

BLUE EAGLES, THE KING OF SEASON 71!

Edited by señor_bugoy

So, the La Salle squad did not accept the trophy eh?! Napakalaking deal naman ito sa ibang tao.. Does that mean, that they felt cheated? I dunno, but I think sa sobrang sama ng loob at sakit ng damdamin mahirap talagang tanggapin ang isang pakonswelo na tropeo amidst the crowd of Blue.. They would not hear cheers but jeers from the crowd and that is adding insult to injury.. I understand how they felt.. Call it school pride or whatever, basta I understand how they felt at that time..

I did not like the taunting of Rico during the first quarter.. That was uncalled for, but I can't blame him.. Its one way of pumping himself siguro.. Much like how I pump myself during a badminton match.. Still, he should have controlled himself because the refs were really strict on that game.. Whatever are Rico's reasons, I still feel that it was wrong and look what happened he got thrown out.. And that was very detrimental for my school's team.. Do I blame him for the loss? Honestly, yes I do..

Hindi tainted ang pagkapanalo ng aming rivals from Katipunan.. They won fair and square.. Congratulations to them.. Its their time now.. La Salle has had its many moments in the limelight, let us give this to Ateneo.. Bihira na nga manalo ng championship, tainted pa.. Cmon!!! Just kidding.. Seriously, congratulations to Ateneo.. Tangna, matawagan nga mga kaibigan kong Atenista para magpalibre.. hahaha.. :thumbsupsmiley:

i have mixed feelings about this loss.. :(

i am an archer myself and yet i put my money on ateneo..

i got a big pay for today and for the series as well,

but lasalle just did not have a chance.. so i had to go the other way :cry:

anyway!! i got myself an allowance to enjoy :D

where should i start??.. better start browsing the 'Directory Plus' threads :P

im sure you know the answer....

gherome ... yes pride .. in all its sinful glory. i mean "if" ADMU lost and didnt bother to accept the medals .. id still be saying the same thing.. that second place isnt worth celebrating

haha..ok dude..gotcha...anyhow, much has been said already and I've already said my piece....

I agree, the refs spoiled this game. Puede nang i-let go yung nangyari kay Maierhoffer. Wala namang nakapansin if ever nag-drity finger man si Rico. Mas lalong na magnify nung tinawagan ng ref.

its not about anyone noticing. the refs were strict from the start. kaya nga 2 fouls agad si rabah and that foul called on baclao he did not tough the la salle player while trying to intercdept the ball. all told, fair naman ang ref. may strict calls sa amin meron sa inyo. problema lang si rico even if he has no actual too bad an intention, the way he looks makes his acts convince the referee that he's taunting the other players.

and from where i was there a a clear dirty finger and too bad for him the ref saws it and rightfully called it. many players do this but some dont do it with finesse, kaya na te-technical. Wesley Gonzales was one of the masters of this style of playing when he was playing for ADMU. hehehehe.

As for the non appearance at the awarding. Ano ba!!! you guys are supposed to be examples of sportsmanship. if you feel agrieved then by all means file a protest but for ____ sake don't be BASTOS!!!! ANO NALANG ITUTURO NINYO SA MGA LA SALLISTANG IDOL KAYO?

ONE BIG FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLUE EAGLE THE KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MASARAP MAGING ATENISTA!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by tagalinis

indeed it was a tough loss for my alma mater. so congrats to ateneo. it's a dream season for normal black and chris tiu most esp. just like last year when his h.s. bestfriend ty tang got his championship on his last year. so weather weather lang yan. i'm sure la salle will be aching for revenge next year.

as for the no-show to accept the award, i'm sure it was not intended to be an unsporstmanlike act. can't blame them. it was a tough loss. every loss to ateneo is tough to swallow, what more, in a championship game. losing to ateneo in the finals twice this decade was really tough.