• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2023 at 2:50 AM, MauiOfMira said:

Sulit na ba mag invest sa wifi6 router, or still wait a few years til more devices support this tech? 

2024 na yes sulit na sulit. Most new devices capable na. And make sure wag bumili ng cheap router pag power user ka. Mga xiaomi wag un kasi madalas mahina processor ng router nila pang normal na user. Di mo ma gegets difference unless power user ka tlga

• 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, 01234567890 said:

Mga boss may nakapagtry na ba ng dual wan dito na router? Planning to buy kasi for work para makabitan ng dalawang telco. Any preferred model or brand?

We tried Dual WAN in our servicing shop around 6-7 years ago and pulled the plug on one after a year since it was just a waste apart from loss of connection in one. What type of 'work' are you pertaining to? Do note that the primary advantage of dual wan is freeing up bandwidth between users and with ISPs popping 300mbps at their cheapest plan (ex. Converge's 1500 plan) you might not need it unless you'll be hogging majority of the bandwidth most of the time. 

Mid-high end 3rd party routers usually have 'smarter' bandwidth allocation by default if your connection runs through them whether LAN or Wi-Fi. In my experience in installing personal and relative's networks, this is true and I'm quite a 'user' when it comes to downloads like sudden steam updates nearly hogging the entire bandwidth.

15 hours ago, Rhapsody said:

We tried Dual WAN in our servicing shop around 6-7 years ago and pulled the plug on one after a year since it was just a waste apart from loss of connection in one. What type of 'work' are you pertaining to? Do note that the primary advantage of dual wan is freeing up bandwidth between users and with ISPs popping 300mbps at their cheapest plan (ex. Converge's 1500 plan) you might not need it unless you'll be hogging majority of the bandwidth most of the time. 

Mid-high end 3rd party routers usually have 'smarter' bandwidth allocation by default if your connection runs through them whether LAN or Wi-Fi. In my experience in installing personal and relative's networks, this is true and I'm quite a 'user' when it comes to downloads like sudden steam updates nearly hogging the entire bandwidth.

Server admin bossing, meron akong  server na nakalagay sa maliit na office for rdp, baka kasi bumigay lang ung isang network habang wala ako. Kaya plano ko maglagay ng dual wan for fail over. Di kaya bumili ng pfsense sa budget ehh kaya naghahanap ng budget friendly na router.

53 minutes ago, 01234567890 said:

Server admin bossing, meron akong  server na nakalagay sa maliit na office for rdp, baka kasi bumigay lang ung isang network habang wala ako. Kaya plano ko maglagay ng dual wan for fail over. Di kaya bumili ng pfsense sa budget ehh kaya naghahanap ng budget friendly na router.

Ah makes sense for your goal. I am out of the loop for routers, haven't bought any since since WiFi6 and AX routers popped up.

Good name brands for me are : Asus, TP-Link, Netgear. Sila palang nagagalaw ko so I can't say anything else for others. Lazy googling led me to Asus' AX82U @ PCHub in Gilmore for 8,350.

• Winner! (+1) 1
23 hours ago, 01234567890 said:

Ok bossing check ko to, maraming salamat 😁

SKL, since nag google ako ng routers puro routers ang ads ko sa Shopee and Lazada, medyo madami dami ang good deals compared to physical stores like PCHub/Dynaquest