• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

• 10 months later...

inquire lang po, kung anung magandang wifi router para sa pang bahay?

depende yan sa bahay mo.

would you be accessing the network wirelessly via walls? is the floor area big? for this you may need to have a dual band wifi router.

would you also be needing to print on a central location wirelessly, you may need to have a print server feature.

otherwise, a plain simple router will do. DLink, TPlink and LinkSys are ok.

i personally do not vouch for the CDRKing routers due to durability. I had one before and I had only used it for 6 months.

besides, firmware is questionable....

• 3 weeks later...

If you subscribe to a Globe or PLDT DSL, the modems they provide nowadays is quite a decent WiFi router naman na. Good enough to cover a 2-BR condo unit. If you have a bigger place (say, a mansion), then you could put additional Access Points or WiFi repeaters to cover the dead spots. Or you could look into power-line networking to save you the trouble of installing UTP cabling.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Question lang mga sir: im planning to buy unlocked (openline) pocket wifi, anong klaseng sim ang puedeng gamitin for internet? Will any sim do? Sabi kasi sa smart ibanyung regular prepaid sim sa smartbro sim. And ibandin daw ang regular prepaid sim ng globe sa globe tattoo. Doest it mean na hindi talaga puede ang regular sim to subscribe for internet promos? Thanks!

Meron akong ZTE open-line pocket wifi. Although I use it only as a backup net access point, I put a prepaid LTE sim card from Smart when travelling to the province. Globe will also do the trick but if you travel outside Manila often, I find it from my own experience that Smart has a better coverage outside MNL.

The pure data sim cards of the telcos are different from the regular sim plans (postpaid and prepaid voice/text and data). There used to be a Php999 postpaid data plan, unlimited data but I see that this has been severely constrained lately by the FUP (fair-use policy) of the telcos now. They will now suggest that you go for the capped data plan (plans with data limits like 1.5GB, 3GB, etc.). The loading for the prepaid cards are also different, so you can just check with the sim vendor.

You may not need the pocket wifi if you already have a smartphone, as you can tether using this device. You can use the smartphone as a mobile hotspot.

The open-line pocket wifi becomes handy during travel abroad. Just buy a local data sim from the country of destination and you can have a mobile hotspot where you can do viber, facetime, internet, etc., without the cost of data roaming access from Globe or Smart.