Philadelphia 76ers

hey, they dont suck... they are just REBUILDING!!!!! :lol:

nah they suck ... rebulding would mean signing FA's which they didnt do ... or trading for picks .. didnt do either .. maybe next year theyll join the FA market ... maybe next year their draft picks will get better .. but till then they suck

when they traded away iverson .. they started rebuilding ... and they thought they were finished when they signed Elton Brand .... which turned out to be a big epic failiure ....

i wouldnt call Carney, Kappono and Jrue as rebuilding pieces .... rebuilding tends to deal with pieces that affect the team in a very big manner .. like the iverson sell off and the Brand sigining.. by getting rid of iverson and signing brand the team changed the focus and philosophy of the team ... Carney and Kappono were complimentary pieces .. Jrue is a project ...

when they traded away iverson .. they started rebuilding ... and they thought they were finished when they signed Elton Brand .... which turned out to be a big epic failiure ....

i wouldnt call Carney, Kappono and Jrue as rebuilding pieces .... rebuilding tends to deal with pieces that affect the team in a very big manner .. like the iverson sell off and the Brand sigining.. by getting rid of iverson and signing brand the team changed the focus and philosophy of the team ... Carney and Kappono were complimentary pieces .. Jrue is a project ...

then that makes rebuilding a very subjective thing. subject to each person's interpretation and understanding of the term. right?

just wondering, what if, hypothetically (and a possibility), kappono would later be a big part of the team, say, he would be scoring 20 plus points per game (leading the sixers reach the playoffs again). then you would later say that the were rebuilding pala.

Edited by jopoc

then i would say they got lucky with a cheap FA signing .... pls dont push a theory where it dont belong ..

im the first to say that they suck .. they might make the p'offs bec of a still weak East .. but thats that .. for them to get a lottery theyll have to tank big time ... and i dont think theyll do that

then i would say they got lucky with a cheap FA signing .... pls dont push a theory where it dont belong ..

that is why i need to learn more from you about this thing called rebuilding... and how it differs from sucking.

in my book, sucking is the same as rebuilding... it is just semantics at work.... its like instead of calling a kid a "retard", we to call him a "special child".

coz, like you, i intend to amend my book should i learn something new.

im the first to say that they suck .. they might make the p'offs bec of a still weak East .. but thats that .. for them to get a lottery theyll have to tank big time ... and i dont think theyll do that

so, are you saying that it is a person's own call if it is rebuilding and/or sucking?

===

i think it is unfair to call the 76ers move as sucking, when you can call it rebuilding.

Edited by jopoc

rebuilding started with the sixers selling of iverson to free cap room ... and supposedly finished with the Elton Brand signing ...

like say Orlando ... when they let go Shaq .. that pretty much started their rebuilding .. they then went on to get young players to fill their core .. and ended with the signing of Tmac and Grant Hill .. they saw some forms of success by having a couple of p'off stints... then repeated that cycle .. eventually landing Dwight Howard ....

why keep insisting that i call it rebuilding ... you got the wrong guy with this rebuilding crap .. the sixers cant rebuild bec they have no money ... they can only suck ... and hopefully suck so bad to get quality draft picks

Edited by denimhead
rebuilding started with the sixers selling of iverson to free cap room ... and supposedly finished with the Elton Brand signing ...

like say Orlando ... when they let go Shaq .. that pretty much started their rebuilding .. they then went on to get young players to fill their core .. and ended with the signing of Tmac and Grant Hill .. they saw some forms of success by having a couple of p'off stints... then repeated that cycle .. eventually landing Dwight Howard ....

so, you said it, it is a cycle... a cycle of winning and sucking (or, as other call it, rebuilding). like the 76ers, they had good years with barkley, then they lost him, they "sucked" or started "rebuilding", then they later got AI, where they had good years until AI wanted out, so they started losing it again, and they had brand, whom they taught will be the next big this, only to benched most of last year..... now they are working on kappono and hoping that jrue can do good (not to mention luo williams who made andre miller dispensable).... whether it is sucking or rebuilding, it does not matter. a team plays 82 games per regular season, and if their record falls within the top 8, they get to the playoffs.

===

why keep insisting that i call it rebuilding ... you got the wrong guy with this rebuilding crap .. the sixers cant rebuild bec they have no money ... they can only suck ... and hopefully suck so bad to get quality draft picks

so rebuilding now comes with money?

my, the definition is really complicated.

anyway, you are right, you are not the right guy to discuss this rebuilding crap.... but at least you showed me that you have a definition different from others with respect to rebuilding.

thanks for you time.

ehhhh how can u rebuild without money or valuable players/assets? not every team is the Knicks who'll take the financial hit ... or Lakers ....

imagine a restaurant a cafe .. it gets old u need to establish a new look, menu concept even ... so u make the move .. like say from cafe to fine dining .. it works for a while but after a while u start getting less people eating .. so u change it to a bar ... all of those moves will cost you money .. how can u renovate/change if u dont have any capital? <--- my best real life analogy

ehhhh how can u rebuild without money or valuable players/assets? not every team is the Knicks who'll take the financial hit ... or Lakers ....

so, you are saying that the knicks are rebuilding now that they retained lee and nate despite having the big money?

imagine a restaurant a cafe .. it gets old u need to establish a new look, menu concept even ... so u make the move .. like say from cafe to fine dining .. it works for a while but after a while u start getting less people eating .. so u change it to a bar ... all of those moves will cost you money .. how can u renovate/change if u dont have any capital? <--- my best real life analogy

but there are restos or cafe that can continue success even if it is old.

some even renovate and come up with new looks and concepts and still remain floating.

teams will always change players no matter what happens. restos change concepts and menus only on a case to case basis

in other words, players definitely change in a team (with or without the owner's will), but menu and concepts change depending on the owners' will.

so why compare restos to nba teams? apples and oranges, my dear friend.

the knicks have been rebuilding since 2000/01 .. but keep getting it wrong .. now they look to be on track .. mebbe next year when the much publicized FA class of 2010 comes out theyll finish the job

actually 2010 is shaping up to be a real intriguing FA off season .. will teams spend or will they buy cheap?

like i said resto was my best real life analogy ... both are businesses .. both are consumer driven .. u dont fill the seats u fail .... they have difft rules .. but same nuances ...

Edited by denimhead
the knicks have been rebuilding since 2000/01 .. but keep getting it wrong .. now they look to be on track .. mebbe next year when the much publicized FA class of 2010 comes out theyll finish the job

actually 2010 is shaping up to be a real intriguing FA off season .. will teams spend or will they buy cheap?

so, when does rebuilding start and end?

yung hypothesis mo ba ay resulta ng scientific method or hallucination method?

please, that's more of a pipe dream than a hypothesis..

give a hypothetical statement that has a basis and not concocted from some twisted imagination..

is there any year in kapono's nba career he averaged close to 17ppg? if yes, i will accept your hypothesis..

yung hypothesis mo ba ay resulta ng scientific method or hallucination method?

please, that's more of a pipe dream than a hypothesis..

give a hypothetical statement that has a basis and not concocted from some twisted imagination..

is there any year in kapono's nba career he averaged close to 17ppg? if yes, i will accept your hypothesis..

we all heard of break out years, di po ba?

like those who get the MIP award.

besides 17 to 20 ppg is not that far.

it would have been different if i made carney as an example of 20 ppg.

if you'd read my post, the emphasis there was not on kapono scoring 20ppg, its being a "big part of the team" (like what d-head said). scoring 20ppg was just an en example.

just wondering, what if, hypothetically (and a possibility), kappono would later be a big part of the team, say, he would be scoring 20 plus points per game (leading the sixers reach the playoffs again). then you would later say that the were rebuilding pala.

but if you say that even hypothetical examples cannot happen, then i guess you are right. you are a mod.

difft teams .. difft stroke ... Orlando did it in a quick manner .. Knicks are on a 10 year plan ata ... Bulls i think just got done ... Sixers was quick but failed in the end result

so indeed, it is a very relative thing.

Edited by jopoc
but isnt everything in life relative? where you go to school is relative to where you live, how much money yr parents make .. etc etc

NBA and how its ran should follow suit .....

i beg to disagree.. there things that are not relative.

what schools i attended are something objective..... how good my school is relative though.

the distance between my house and my school are not subjective. it can be quantified. same as how much money my parents make.

an NBA team winning a game, series or championship is objective. the records cannot be disputed.

of course, we cannot argue who won the championship last year, or who won the first round, second round, etc.

huh?

we were talking bout rebuilding .. and how its relative to a team .. some teams do it faster than others .. some get it right right away

and some fail .. which i include the sixers

howd championships etc got into the picture?

objective is also relative ... something mustve made you go to that school .. like say their courses etc .. or maybe bec of their alumni .. maybe even bec of their reputation .. lots of factors to consider in choosing a school .. and what makes you prioritize one over the other is influenced by its relativity to the objective..