Bars Para Sa Nag Iisa Lang

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sa totoo lang dito sa Pilipinas, unless nasa fastfood ka or restaurant if you're alone you're always the odd guy.

Lalo na iyang bars, people normally don't go to bars alone. Problema ko din yan dati. I wanted to have night outs but I didn't have close friends who drink. Tried it before a few times. Partida parang gastrobar lang yun. Waiters talk about you. So do other customers, nagtataka bakit magisa ka. Ako, I frequently went to TGI Fridays alone and drank. Ok lang naman but obviously TGI isn't a bar per se.

Dalawa lang solution diyan, first befriend the bartender by tipping heavy. Next visit mo sure accomodated ka na, ipakilala ka pa sa manager. But that's not sustainable kasi madalas busy ang bartenders you can't talk to them. 80% of the time magisa ka pa rin. Pinaka effective way na talaga is to bring someone, anyone actually. Basta may warm body lang. Offer to drive them to and from home, and pay for the bill. Marami naman sa kakilala mo,lalake man o babae, sasama kapag sagot mo ang bill. If you're working, I'm sure some of your office staff like the messengers and drivers would be happy to drink outside since it's something they can't afford on a regular basis.

Pag hopeless na hopeless talaga, I just go to coffee shops and bring an iPad. People sight seeing. The starbucks at one rockwell was my favorite. Stick to one para you meet the regulars din.

Edited by kannon

Went to Outback a few months back & went drinking alone, ubos oras hanggang mabawasan traffic. Usually may mga expat dun & mababait naman, tropa ka kung kausapin. Nakaka-ilang balik na ako dun & andun prn mga tambay. Look for a bar that feels like what whistlestop used to be or Bugsy's or cable car.

• 3 weeks later...

Went to Outback a few months back & went drinking alone, ubos oras hanggang mabawasan traffic. Usually may mga expat dun & mababait naman, tropa ka kung kausapin. Nakaka-ilang balik na ako dun & andun prn mga tambay. Look for a bar that feels like what whistlestop used to be or Bugsy's or cable car.

Why "used to be" sir? Whistlestop is one of my favorites, recently ko lang sya nakita. What was it like before?

Why "used to be" sir? Whistlestop is one of my favorites, recently ko lang sya nakita. What was it like before?

Before Whistlestop has a speak easy style, feeling elitista ka kahit walang pera. Walang bias mga tao dun, habol lang alak & kwentuhan. Ngayon kung anu anong gimik na meron. For me nawala na yung feel na bar talaga sya, get a drink, pleasant conversation with someone you don't know then repeat.

• 3 weeks later...