Tattoos And Body Piercings

Anyone got a reco for a Great Tattoo Place? I've finally decided I'm getting my first Tats this year. Gonna start with one then work my way up to two more after. I'm still tweaking and designing what I want to get it right, has colors and 1 will have text in alibata. So sana a tattoo artist with experience and knowledge of Alibata language. I'm pretty meticulous and a little OC so if doesn't come out exactly the way I want it, I'll be really pissed off at msyelf.

I live in the QC area so I'd like to get it done anywhere close. But if it means for me to go all the way to Paranaque (since I hear one of the best tat artists are there) to get it done exactly the right way, I'll go there.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out. Peace!

Edited by Defiant
Anyone got a reco for a Great Tattoo Place? I've finally decided I'm getting my first Tats this year. Gonna start with one then work my way up to two more after. I'm still tweaking and designing what I want to get it right, has colors and 1 will have text in alibata. So sana a tattoo artist with experience and knowledge of Alibata language. I'm pretty meticulous and a little OC so if doesn't come out exactly the way I want it, I'll be really pissed off at msyelf.

I live in the QC area so I'd like to get it done anywhere close. But if it means for me to go all the way to Paranaque (since I hear one of the best tat artists are there) to get it done exactly the right way, I'll go there.

skinworx in cartimar.. its ricky sta. ana's shop.. heres the number 8345001 bt hs fully booked til next month u can call for an appointment

Guest Dobermaxx

The artist your talking about in BF is Joe Saliendra. You can get his contact info here http://www.tattooatjoe.com/

and you can see some of his work here

http://www.tattooartists.org/Gal13349_Joe_...a_s_Gallery.asp

Regarding alibata tattoos....I don't mean to sound like a snob but since it's a tattoo you want on yourself just as an FYI - it's call baybayin.

And if you want something translated you should do a search on line - there are a number of websites that will explain the semantics and logistics behind the scripts and different fonts. Not that I don't think that the artists that were listed are not capable but I think it's apart of the journey of getting a tattoo that should be experienced first hand by yourself instead of passing it onto a stranger, albeit your tattooist but till you trust him or her a stranger none the less.

I completely forgot, back to the point of the thread.

I think tattoos are great for the right person. I am not so much talking about aesthetically speaking but I won't lie that certain tattoos look much better or certain body types. However with tattoos I feel that they are more of a personal nature, possibly without sounding moronic it is perhaps a spiritual journey with yourself.

And not to sound like a flamer but for those people who think tattoos are disgusting or less than appealing - that is your choice but as Pilipinos people should be aware that as a culture and people our history is steep in tattoo ritual, symbolism, and appeal. Certain groups of our ancestors believed in decoration - from their teeth, jewelry, hair and ink work. Some believed that one could not go into the afterlife with out their lover calling them - and people adored others with tattoos. After all tattoos back then were a sign of status.

After all, most people give it much thought before getting something inked on themselves permanently.

I know some people get random things for any number of reasons and well that's for them.

But for me I have 8 tattoos and more planned on the way. They all look like one piece - from my left shoulder - across my upper and central back - to my right shoulder. I plan to get some more down my left arm and leg / inner calf / left and right forearm / rib area / upper front chest - by the neck / ????

I have heard that some people who get addicted to tattooing...so watch out. I think that the most addicting part of the entire process is the meditative state you have to enter to deal with the pain - a state that I might add tattooing is not required for. Artists have told me that some people are so addicted that they have worked on people several times a year. Generally it takes a month or two for a tattoo to heal.

On another note - I know that tattoos are not generally accepted in corporate work - so watch out if it's visible to your boss or client.

As for piercings I am not as adventurous but I have had at one point a total of 4 ear piercings....but as of the moment I only maintain two of them.

Regarding alibata tattoos....I don't mean to sound like a snob but since it's a tattoo you want on yourself just as an FYI - it's call baybayin.

Oh my bad. BAYBAYIN. Thanks bro.

skinworx in cartimar.. its ricky sta. ana's shop.. heres the number 8345001 bt hs fully booked til next month u can call for an appointment

Meron sa cartimar?! Sige. Salamat.

The artist your talking about in BF is Joe Saliendra. You can get his contact info here http://www.tattooatjoe.com/

and you can see some of his work here

http://www.tattooartists.org/Gal13349_Joe_...a_s_Gallery.asp

Yes. That's the guy. Salamat.

I got mine at Gene Testa's tattoo parlor in Galleria. Very skilled guy right there.

That's up top right.

Salamat Salamat. :thumbsupsmiley:

Before enlisting: tongue, nose, ears pierced. No tats.

After enlisting: No piercings, still no tats.

All work done by Santiago Roxas in Stockton, CA. Nowadays he also does tattoos (great flash) and branding. No recycled jewelry, all procedures done with medically sterilized equipment (proper tools, autoclave, nothing reused before proper sterilization).