Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

1. that was a good trade, tubid for dylan ababou we would have never known the future and besides during that time ang rotation ay helterbrand, john wilson, caguioa, labagala, at cortez crowded ang guard rotation, wala tayong wing nun

2. menk fyi is still with ginebra, he was deactivated because teams are limited only to 5 fil-am players, they are caguioa, helterbrand, jensen, ellis and hatfield, menk can be reactivated anytime, he would be reporting to san miguel in the abl, at the the end of philippine cup

3. Mamaril is the only legitimate center of ginebra back then, siot was confident that kerby can fill up the void since both enrico and kerby has the same play

4. have you seen taha played in the NCAA? he was playing for mapua cardinals back then, he was being eaten alive in the shaded lane by the likes of sudan daniels, calvin abueva, jason ballesteros and ian sangalang to name a few, during draft jensen was the better choice, coach siot envisioned the run and gun style of ginebra, youth and energy would have made a difference, we would have not known that taha would be that good when he jumped to the pba, like I said we would have never known the future

5. tiu is too small for sf position, coach siot felt that he has lot of guards already back then, labagala, caguioa, helterbrand, cortez, and we still have john wilson during the draft, like I said coach siot envisioned the run and gun style of ginebra

6. That trade was a good one, both teams addressed their needs, we needed a rebounder and a defense in the shaded lane while they needed a guard, if you are implying that we should have gotten sena or rob reyes also, we have kerby for sena's moves and rob reyes is injury prone, kaya nga siya binitawan ng petron

these are mga 'sana' ko, no offense meant but these are the reasons i am seeing why bgk is loosing and you can put in your opinion too for as long as you do not push it to my throat... i will not enter into a waste of time debate with you but i will answer your opinions about my post

1. if it was a good trade, bakit 2-5 sila ngayon at walang depensa

2. menk is not with ginebra, his with smb sa abl along asi taulava; and even if he is w/ ginebra, what is his use kung deactivated

3. mamaril and enrico are both centers; enrico is better both ends of the court; kerby is a forward who likes to play fronting the basket

4. if taha was any indication that he is better than jensen, why trade for him now and not draft him?

5. too small for an sf? what team does not need a good shooter? if siot had kept his good big men, tiu's size will not matter as he can play at least 3 positions... im not a fan of the guy but i think his versatile... anyway his injured

6. it was not a good trade where ever you put it...if he is that good why bench him? what i am saying is bgk could have gotten better... maybe a rob reyes for a talent like cortez

these are mga 'sana' ko, no offense meant but these are the reasons i am seeing why bgk is loosing and you can put in your opinion too for as long as you do not push it to my throat... i will not enter into a waste of time debate with you but i will answer your opinions about my post

2. menk is not with ginebra, his with smb sa abl along asi taulava; and even if he is w/ ginebra, what is his use kung deactivated

3. mamaril and enrico are both centers; enrico is better both ends of the court; kerby is a forward who likes to play fronting the basket

4. if taha was any indication that he is better than jensen, why trade for him now and not draft him?

5. too small for an sf? what team does not need a good shooter? if siot had kept his good big men, tiu's size will not matter as he can play at least 3 positions... im not a fan of the guy but i think his versatile... anyway his injured

6. it was not a good trade where ever you put it...if he is that good why bench him? what i am saying is bgk could have gotten better... maybe a rob reyes for a talent like cortez

Tubid for Ababou is ok for GSM in the long run as back then the problem is the aging of our guards. We need to go younger for the "future".

Menk I agree has been "drop" by management wherein they wanted him to play for SMB in the ABL. But as I have read somewhere then, Menk would still want to play in the PBA, thus maybe the arrangement wherein he will be a reserve while waiting for the ABL season to begin.

Personally, I think Asi could have helped GSM cause now (need of a center) except his rights in the PBA is still owned by Meralco. They would have to seek his release from Meralco (which is unlikely) or do a trade with them. Pero nakakapanghinayang din if you give up say a draft pick to Meralco for Asi to play a conference for GSM,

After the games the GSM have played, Jensen doesn't seem to impress. Maybe a better choice in hindsight would be to draft Vic Manuel instead. But we don't know what's on the mind of the coaching staff during draft day. Maybe, they think we have enough big men coz we still have Rico back then. Sa PF naman which is the position that Manuel plays, loaded na rin tayo with Rico M, Wilson, Kerby and Hatfield. Remember, we only lost Rico V after the draft and you can't blame the coaches then if they were thinking of having Dylan, Ellis and Jensen as their SF rotation.

Now that we've lost Rico, the Center slot has been thin. We know only have Mama as the true Center. Kerby is forced to play that position out of necessity. Therefore the need for another Center.

But I agree, we could have gotten more by trading Cortez than only receiving Taha.

1. well ababou is injured now, maraming guards ang ginebra

2. fyi labagala, menk, jojo duncil and paolo hubalde would all be playing for san miguel in the coming abl season, if i'm not mistaken labagala was reactivated because of the injury to ababou and duncil is still playing for petron because of injuries, those are the perfect examples of what I'm talking about of reactivation anytime, menk was deactivated dahil limited nga lang ang fil-ams to 5 per teams? pakibasa yung link http://www.interaksy...l-stint-planned

3. We need some height, villanueva is too small for center position, he plays better at forward position

4. Because we needed some height, have you seen ginebra played san mig coffee it was evident that we needed some height

5. have you seen cris tiu personally? he is too small for your suggested position he would be eaten alive by abueva, lassiter, lutz, najorda and devance in the small forward position, we have a lot of shooters already

6. as usual pakibasa ang link http://www.pbaddicts...e-center#547120

Edited by pajac24

Tubid for Ababou is ok for GSM in the long run as back then the problem is the aging of our guards. We need to go younger for the "future".

Menk I agree has been "drop" by management wherein they wanted him to play for SMB in the ABL. But as I have read somewhere then, Menk would still want to play in the PBA, thus maybe the arrangement wherein he will be a reserve while waiting for the ABL season to begin.

Personally, I think Asi could have helped GSM cause now (need of a center) except his rights in the PBA is still owned by Meralco. They would have to seek his release from Meralco (which is unlikely) or do a trade with them. Pero nakakapanghinayang din if you give up say a draft pick to Meralco for Asi to play a conference for GSM,

After the games the GSM have played, Jensen doesn't seem to impress. Maybe a better choice in hindsight would be to draft Vic Manuel instead. But we don't know what's on the mind of the coaching staff during draft day. Maybe, they think we have enough big men coz we still have Rico back then. Sa PF naman which is the position that Manuel plays, loaded na rin tayo with Rico M, Wilson, Kerby and Hatfield. Remember, we only lost Rico V after the draft and you can't blame the coaches then if they were thinking of having Dylan, Ellis and Jensen as their SF rotation.

Now that we've lost Rico, the Center slot has been thin. We know only have Mama as the true Center. Kerby is forced to play that position out of necessity. Therefore the need for another Center.

But I agree, we could have gotten more by trading Cortez than only receiving Taha.

Asi is a free agent in the pba he can sign with anyone if he wants to he was offered a two year contract plus a slot in the coaching staff in meralco, but he rejected it and took the san miguel offer a 3 year contract

1352540339[/url]' post='8419134']

Asi is a free agent in the pba he can sign with anyone if he wants to he was offered a two year contract plus a slot in the coaching staff in meralco, but he rejected it and took the san miguel offer a 3 year contract

In the pba all free agents are restricted unless released. asi was not released by meralco. He was free to sign with SMB since it will be for a different league.

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/despite-departure-to-beermen-meralco-retains-asi-taulavas-pba-rights

• Downvote 1

1. well ababou is injured now, maraming guards ang ginebra

2. fyi labagala, menk, jojo duncil and paolo hubalde would all be playing for san miguel in the coming abl season, if i'm not mistaken labagala was reactivated because of the injury to ababou and duncil is still playing for petron because of injuries, those are the perfect examples of what I'm talking about of reactivation anytime, menk was deactivated dahil limited nga lang ang fil-ams to 5 per teams? pakibasa yung link http://www.interaksy...l-stint-planned

3. We need some height, villanueva is too small for center position, he plays better at forward position

4. Because we needed some height, have you seen ginebra played san mig coffee it was evident that we needed some height

5. have you seen cris tiu personally? he is too small for your suggested position he would be eaten alive by abueva, lassiter, lutz, najorda and devance in the small forward position, we have a lot of shooters already

6. as usual pakibasa ang link http://www.pbaddicts...e-center#547120

1. hindi porket maraming guards, i trade mo sabay sabay tao mo... you contemplate as a trade initiator...

2. fyi, menk is useless kung inactive sya, the fact na wala sya sa line up means hindi sya magagamit at nasa abl sya...in reality menk is ginebra's big man... do not give me your logic na dinedepensa ang mali

3. barkley was too small too but his talent mattered more as a pf.. ganun din sa pba... mamaril and villanueva is no exception

4. yes i know we need height... kaya nga kung mag baback read ka sinsabi ko na mag trade ng big man na maasahan

5. nakita mo rin ba si caguioa, tenorio at helterbrand in person? they are small compared to other players in their positions but they can come in and dominate... don't give me that height thing because ginebra of old won championships before having a 6'4 center in cuenco and a back up mama mamaril..heck even chito at 6'3 sometimes played center

6. as usual, alam ba ni cortez ang system ng air 21 at nag best player sya agad sa first game nya? kung hindi ka masyadong nakakaintindi ng basketball, kaya ka nag trade dahil gusto mong gamutin immediately ang isang lacking part ng team.... ang sinasabi ko tama ang magtrade basta you get the right material... yung sinasabi ni siot eh mukhang palusot... at any rate i am not against siot.. as i have said yung mga original points ko eh mga sana... tagalog yan sana maintindihan mo na

1. hindi porket maraming guards, i trade mo sabay sabay tao mo... you contemplate as a trade initiator...

2. fyi, menk is useless kung inactive sya, the fact na wala sya sa line up means hindi sya magagamit at nasa abl sya...in reality menk is ginebra's big man... do not give me your logic na dinedepensa ang mali

3. barkley was too small too but his talent mattered more as a pf.. ganun din sa pba... mamaril and villanueva is no exception

4. yes i know we need height... kaya nga kung mag baback read ka sinsabi ko na mag trade ng big man na maasahan

5. nakita mo rin ba si caguioa, tenorio at helterbrand in person? they are small compared to other players in their positions but they can come in and dominate... don't give me that height thing because ginebra of old won championships before having a 6'4 center in cuenco and a back up mama mamaril..heck even chito at 6'3 sometimes played center

6. as usual, alam ba ni cortez ang system ng air 21 at nag best player sya agad sa first game nya? kung hindi ka masyadong nakakaintindi ng basketball, kaya ka nag trade dahil gusto mong gamutin immediately ang isang lacking part ng team.... ang sinasabi ko tama ang magtrade basta you get the right material... yung sinasabi ni siot eh mukhang palusot... at any rate i am not against siot.. as i have said yung mga original points ko eh mga sana... tagalog yan sana maintindihan mo na

1. di naman sabay sabay trade last year, tubid for ababou lang, andun na rin yung ust connection nung dalawa

2. you did not see labagala in the line up until he was reactivated because of the of the injury to ababou, di ko dinedepensa ang mali those are rules, limited nga lang sa 5 fil-ams per team ang pba ano ang mali dun? ganito na lang if ikaw mamili sino dapat i-deactivate sa 5 fil-ams for menk to be able to play again, choose one caguioa, helterbrand, ellis, jensen and hatfield

3. barkley is 6'6 and has a wide body, 6'0 flat si cris tiu, and liit ng katawan niya don't compare pba sa nba

4. we need to give up a good player for a good player, if we did not trade villanueva we would have never gotten tenorio

5. case to case basis siguro yun, nagawa nila yun nung friday, pero sa mga malalaki ang teams on the likes of petron, talk ntext and san mig coffee di pwede yun, they were eaten alive by san mig coffee because of height disparity, tignan natin mamaya kay dillinger at de ocampo, yung 6'4 noon malaki na yun dati when fil ams came yung 6'4 maliit na yun even patrimonio's height 6'3 power forward dati naging sf siya at tumitira na siya sa labas, di na makapasok even benjie paras who was 6'5 admitted that fact

6. Malamang, Cortez played for franz pumaren during his college days, most likely familiarity in the system was the key

Edited by pajac24

1. di naman sabay sabay trade last year, tubid for ababou lang, andun na rin yung ust connection nung dalawa

2. you did not see labagala in the line up until he was reactivated because of the of the injury to ababou, di ko dinedepensa ang mali those are rules, limited nga lang sa 5 fil-ams per team ang pba ano ang mali dun? ganito na lang if ikaw mamili sino dapat i-deactivate sa 5 fil-ams for menk to be able to play again, choose one caguioa, helterbrand, ellis, jensen and hatfield

3. point taken but don't compare pba sa nba,we need to give up a good player for a good player, if we did not trade villanueva we would have never gotten tenorio

4. well , you can't have it all but I tell you, Taha improved a lot compared to his college days, I as a fan, suggested that trade I would have never known that it would materialize. Perhaps in the long run he would be a foundation player

5. case to case basis siguro yun, nagawa nila yun nung friday, pero sa mga malalaki ang teams on the likes of petron, talk ntext and san mig coffee di pwede yun, they were eaten alive by san mig coffee because of height disparity, tignan natin mamaya kay dillinger at de ocampo, yung 6'4 noon malaki na yun dati when fil ams came yung 6'4 maliit na yun even patrimonio's height 6'3 power forward dati naging sf siya at tumitira na siya sa labas, di na makapasok even benjie paras who was 6'5 admitted that fact

6. Malamang, Cortez played for franz pumaren during his college days, most likely familiarity in the system was the key

1. effective ba? naka depensa ba sa position ni tubid?

2. why have 5 filams and deactivate menk? deactivate your best bigman? pwede ba sa rules na 4 ang fil ams at pang 5 si menk?

3. you dont need tenorio in the first place... you have jj and cortez...dont compare pba sa nba? who did?

4. perhaps yes, but not now wherein no one will train him or take him under his wing...

5. on the contrary undersize ang 6'4" center noon if you are watching the pba back then... paras became mvp in 1999 despite having bigger fil ams

6. yes he did play for pumaren round 10 years ago and pumaren maybe did not change his system and his system stayed immaculate for the past 10 years... but i do not buy lame excuses

GInebra won: 93-87. Mahina talaga si coach. There was a near turnover by Ginebra during the dying seconds with Ginebra up by three. Undecided ang referee, nag review. Tinawag kaagad ni Norman Black ang mga players niya for that "free timeout" hanggang pinapanood ng referees yung replay. Ano ginawa ni Siot? Nakatunganga, ni walang plays na ginawa during the lull. Oh my!

GInebra won: 93-87. Mahina talaga si coach. There was a near turnover by Ginebra during the dying seconds with Ginebra up by three. Undecided ang referee, nag review. Tinawag kaagad ni Norman Black ang mga players niya for that "free timeout" hanggang pinapanood ng referees yung replay. Ano ginawa ni Siot? Nakatunganga, ni walang plays na ginawa during the lull. Oh my!

naku mabuti na lang nanalo...muntik pang madisgrasya. anyway good game by bgk. you could just see the energy in every ginebra player. even the rookie taha gave quality minutes. as long as taha will be given playing time, this kid will surely improve. injured ba si kerby?

back-to-back wins...we are back in business :)

MC47, 22 points 11 rebounds. Hatfield 13 rebounds. LA Tenorio, 21 pts. Sulit yung veteran's night ng BGSM.

The Box Scores:

GINEBRA 104 - Caguioa 22, Tenorio 21, Hatfield 12, Ellis 11, Helterbrand 11, Mamaril 9, Maierhofer 6, Espiritu 5, Wilson 4, Taha 3, Labagala 0.

TALK N' TEXT 101 - De Ocampo 20, Castro 18, Alapag 17, Fonacier 16, Williams 11, Reyes 5, Aban 5, Peek 5, Ferriols 2, Carey 2, Gamalinda 0, Dillinger 0.

Quarters: 32-29, 54-48, 83-72, 104-101

Edited by Kyoji_Kagami

http://cms.interaksyon.com/interaktv/assets/2012/11/caguioa-bleeding-eye.jpgPBA/Nuki Sabio

If there’s one man in the PBA who embodies the “Never Say Die” spirit of Robert Jaworski, it’s Barangay Ginebra San Miguel superstar Mark Caguioa.

The reigning PBA Most Valuable Player is known for his big heart, and on Sunday, he took a page out of the Living Legend’s storybook in leading Ginebra to victory over league-leading Talk ‘N Text.

Caguioa was bloodied in the first quarter of the game after his protective glasses were elbowed accidentally by Talk ‘N Text slotman Ali Peek.

“Pumutok yung upper portion ng kaliwang mata niya,” said a paramedic who attended to Caguioa. “Pero OK na siya.”

Caguioa returned to the court in the second quarter, and despite a heavily-bandaged left eye, led Ginebra to victory with 22 points and 11 rebounds. He said he wasn’t affected by the cut, but said he feared a more serious injury. He suffered a fractured eye socket last season that require him to wear those protective glasses.

“Kinabahan ako kasi the last time nangyari sa akin ‘to, nag-doble yung paningin ko. This time, nag-blur siya,” said Caguioa.

The performance shares parallels to one of the most famous legends in Jaworski’s lore, when the former Ginebra playing-coach led the squad to comeback victory over a powerhouse Northern Consolidated Cement national team after getting stitches in his mouth. Jaworski had earlier left the game after getting busted open by an elbow from NCC’s naturalized center Jeff Moore.

That game has since gone on to become part of the Ginebra canon, sealing the franchise’s claim to the “Never Say Die” tag.

On Sunday, Caguioa proved, with his big heart, that the spirit is alive and well.

http://cms.interaksyon.com/interaktv/assets/2012/11/caguioa-bleeding-eye.jpgPBA/Nuki Sabio

If there’s one man in the PBA who embodies the “Never Say Die” spirit of Robert Jaworski, it’s Barangay Ginebra San Miguel superstar Mark Caguioa.

The reigning PBA Most Valuable Player is known for his big heart, and on Sunday, he took a page out of the Living Legend’s storybook in leading Ginebra to victory over league-leading Talk ‘N Text.

Caguioa was bloodied in the first quarter of the game after his protective glasses were elbowed accidentally by Talk ‘N Text slotman Ali Peek.

“Pumutok yung upper portion ng kaliwang mata niya,” said a paramedic who attended to Caguioa. “Pero OK na siya.”

Caguioa returned to the court in the second quarter, and despite a heavily-bandaged left eye, led Ginebra to victory with 22 points and 11 rebounds. He said he wasn’t affected by the cut, but said he feared a more serious injury. He suffered a fractured eye socket last season that require him to wear those protective glasses.

“Kinabahan ako kasi the last time nangyari sa akin ‘to, nag-doble yung paningin ko. This time, nag-blur siya,” said Caguioa.

The performance shares parallels to one of the most famous legends in Jaworski’s lore, when the former Ginebra playing-coach led the squad to comeback victory over a powerhouse Northern Consolidated Cement national team after getting stitches in his mouth. Jaworski had earlier left the game after getting busted open by an elbow from NCC’s naturalized center Jeff Moore.

That game has since gone on to become part of the Ginebra canon, sealing the franchise’s claim to the “Never Say Die” tag.

On Sunday, Caguioa proved, with his big heart, that the spirit is alive and well.

Well written... a perfect description.

Nope sir. Meralco still owns the right for Asi as aannounced by the Commisione..

Edited by avi_sala

Kung nakaka-contribute wala namang problema kung paglaruin ang mga "bata" ...

Just as kung masama ang nilalaro ng "beterano" wala siyang karapatan na manatili sa court.

One fine example would be si Espiritu who had a good game against Global Port. He was rewarded by Siot by inserting him sa 1st 5. Si Jensen who has been given lots of opportunities in the past but can't seem to be consistent in his plays was benched.

• Downvote 1

I think with Jayjay's 'resurgence', mababawasan ang pagsunog ni LA; and its good for both the point guards. Para kasing laging kayod marino si LA tuwing game nila. With Tnt kagabi, LA was confident enough to let Jayjay alternate the orchestrations chores kapag sabay sila on the floor. Having said that, hindi masyadong masusunog si LA; while Jayjay will have his confidence back. (pwedeng pwede pa talaga ang mama)

oo nga sir. provided na error na nga and maging TNT possession. nga nga mode sila pagbalik sa depensa.

last win nila against global di rin sila tumawag ng timeout nung dying seconds... :angry2: