Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

para sa nag-aabang ng MVP - http://www.pba-online.net/mvp-race/

I'm going with Gary David

Gary D. might be leading in SP's pero his team failed to make it past the eliminations the last 2 conferences so material 'yun, saka 'di lang naman ang statistical points ang pinaguusapan d'yan eh, but i have the utmost respect for Gary D, if ever na mag-MVP s'ya

The MVP award for Mark Caguioa is long overdue I remember in one season he is leading in the MVP race that he chose to sacrifice his personal interest and join the national team.

Sino naman ang nanalo during that time?

Mark Caguioa wins 2011-12 PBA Most Valuable Player award

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/assets/2012/06/caguioa-smile.jpg

Barangay Ginebra superstar Mark Caguioa was named the PBA's Most Valuable Player for 2011-12, beating Powerade's Gary David, B-MEG's James Yap, and Petron's Arwind Santos for the league's top individual honor.

Caguioa, the 2001 Rookie of the Year, won two Best Player of the Conference awards this season, averaging 16.3 points, 4.8 rebounds, and 2.3 assists in 41 games for the Gin Kings.

In a fateful coincidence, Caguioa won the award at 32 years old, the same age Ginebra legend Robert Jaworski won MVP in 1978. Earlier this month, Jaworski was feted by the team in a jersey retirement ceremony, where he presented a token to Caguioa in a symbolic passing of the torch.

In his speech, Caguioa saved his biggest thanks for Ginebra fans. "Sa inyong sigawan, tilian, at palakpakan, doon ako kumukuha ng inspirasyon," he said.

Rain or Shine hotshot Paul Lee, the No. 2 overall choice in last year's draft, beat out top pick JVee Casio of Powerade for the Rookie of the Year honors.

Lee's teammate, Jeff Chan, took home individual hardware as well, winning the Most Improved Player award, while Casio won the Sportsmanship Award.

Caguioa, David, Yap, Santos, and Ranidel De Ocampo of Talk 'N Text composed the league's First Mythical Team, while Lee, Chan, Kelly Williams and Jayson Castro of Rain or Shine, Sonny Thoss of Alaska were named to the Second Mythical Team.

Marc Pingris of B-MEG, Doug Kramer of Barako Bull, Arwind Santos, Jireh Ibanes of Rain or Shine, and Ryan Reyes of Talk 'N Text were named to the All-Defensive Team.

Edited by photographer

kakatawa nga (or nakaka awa) yung ibang teams.....bakbakan yung ROS at BMeg at championship pa!........kaldagan..........ni halos walang posts sa kanilang room. Mas lalo sa room ng Rain of Shine. Halatang mga nanonood duon majority libre tickets at pilit dahil empleyado sila ng kanilang kompanya B)

Ok na din sa akin ang ros, wag lang ang bmeg. Coach yeng is proving the non-believers wrong with their team work unlike bmeg na nagre-rely sa individual talent ng kanilang players. Bilib din ako sa coaching brilliance ni coach yeng sa finals..

sana bumalik na lang sila Celino Cruz at Doug Kramer sa Ginebra. kapalit nila Helterbrand at Menk

Ok sana si Celino sir kaso me edad na din 'yun eh, saka si Jay-Jay pa ang gusto mo ipalit, si Jay-Jay dapat mag-retire 'yan in a Ginebra uniform..

Edited by Agent_mulder

Fajardo joins PBA draft, looms as top pick; Abueva, Pascual also in

Rey Joble, InterAKTV · Monday, July 30, 2012 · 7:40 pm http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/assets/2012/07/junemar-fajardo.jpgCourtesy of ASEAN Basketball League

Days before the application deadline for the PBA draft, top talents are throwing their hats into the ring.

Junemar Fajardo, a mobile 6-foot-10 center who spent the past season with the San Miguel Beermen in the ASEAN Basketball League, is the latest big name to join the draft.

The former University of Cebu slotman joins a crack list of homegrown talents that include San Sebastian stars Calvin Abueva and Ronald Pascual former SMART-Gilas standouts JR Cawaling and Aldrech Ramos from FEU.

Earlier, top Filipino-American prospects also joined the prospects’ list, including Cliff Hodge and Chris Ellis of NLEX and Alex Mallari and Keith Jensen of Big Chill.

Petron, which is also owned by the same San Miguel Corporation that bankrolls the Beermen, owns the No. 1 pick after a previous trade with Air 21, and will use it on Fajardo. SMC executive Noli Eala calls the choice of Fajardo a “no-brainer”.

“Absolutely. He’s our man,” Eala wrote in a text message to InterAKTV.

Alaska owns the second pick, while Petron also owns the third choice that was originally from Barako Bull. Meralco, Barako Bull (from Petron), Barangay Ginebra (from Powerade), Rain or Shine, Ginebra again, B-MEG, and the new Mikee Romero-owned team that bought the Powerade franchise complete the first round.

Ok na din sa akin ang ros, wag lang ang bmeg. Coach yeng is proving the non-believers wrong with their team work unlike bmeg na nagre-rely sa individual talent ng kanilang players. Bilib din ako sa coaching brilliance ni coach yeng sa finals..

Ok sana si Celino sir kaso me edad na din 'yun eh, saka si Jay-Jay pa ang gusto mo ipalit, si Jay-Jay dapat mag-retire 'yan in a Ginebra uniform..

bilib kasi ako kay celino cruz. di sya kasing skilled tulad ni helterbrand during his younger years pero iba ang basketball intelligence ni celino. i have watched him played during his amateur and early years in the pba. he always looked to pass and always finds the open man. i believe he's very under rated point guard.

i have always respected jayjay helterbrand because of his contribution to ginebra. he played his best for the team. i wonder why he's being bashed by other fans? but we have to admit it that his time is up. father time has caught up with him.