Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

“Napansin ko kasi dati, we control the boards, most of our games, kaso nakakapang-hinayang kasi we cannot run. I want to see a more exciting Ginebra team,” said Lim shortly after presiding over his first two solid hours of practice as head coach of the crowd favorites.

Hindi sila tumatakbo, minsan parang hindi sila sigurado kung saan sila pupunta. At least ngayon dapat medyo structured yung ginagawa namin,” he added.

Read more at http://www.spin.ph/basketball/news/frankie-lim-new-ginebra-coach-run-and-gun-pba-ato-agustin-mark-caguioa#Af6u4tZVbQGIhk0S.99

Patama ba ito sa "system" ni ATO?

Here are four Ginebra players who face being traded. Should these Kings be let go?

April 7, 2015, 05:26 pm

BARACAEL-LA-YEO-JJ

AFTER a coaching rigodon, a player shake-up is in the offing as Barangay Ginebra looks to finally address the woes of a team that has not lived up to expectations over the last few seasons.

A source told Spin.ph that newly appointed coach Frankie Lim is looking for ways to streamline the roster of Ginebra, which is adorned with a lot of superstars that often play redundant roles.

And hold your breath: Among the Ginebra players who sources are on the trading block are former league MVP Jayjay Helterbrand, forward Mac Baracael, high-scoring guard Joseph Yeo and starter LA Tenorio.

“Sobra-sobra sa guard ang team eh. Mapapansin niyo naman, marami ngang magaling kaso hindi balanse (ang lineup),” said a team insider who asked not to be named.

“So naiisip siguro nila na hanggat bata pa ang mga 'yan, hanggat pwede pang ipalit, maihanap na ng magandang deals,” he added.

Although team officials are mum on negotiations, Lim has told Spin.ph that he is open to getting the best talent who can improve the team, or perhaps two first-round picks in the coming draft.

“Sana atleast makakuha kami ng dalawang picks sa first round,” said Lim, who now own Barako Bull’s 2015 first-round draft rights after trading away James Forrester and Dylan Ababou last week.

Another source bared that Lim is eyeing to tab former San Beda star guard Garvo Lanete, who is expected to be part of the next rookie pool after pulling out of last year's draft.

“Favorite ni coach Frankie 'yun. Si Garvo saka si Dave (Marcelo, who Ginebra got in a separate trade in exchange for Billy Mamaril) ang dalawa sa mga most trusted players niya (sa San Beda)," the source said.

"Kita niyo naman, between Jake (Pascual) and Dave, si Dave ang kinuha niya sa trade kahapon,” the source added.

In a Spin.ph interview on Monday, Lim denied there are pending trade deals on his table, saying he is at this point focused on developing the conditioning of his team.

“We’ll just play it by ear, tingnan natin kung ano ang meron. We want to get better, that’s the bottomline,”said Lim while declining to pinpoint the weaknesses of his team he wants to address.

“So if there’s gonna be changes, if given the right trade, if we get better, we’ll do it. If not, we will not do it. Regardless of the position 'yan,” he added.

High-leaping forward Chris Ellis was supposed to be part of the list, but another source bared that Lim wants to try bringing out the full potential of the Fil-Am player before making any move.

“Nasa trading block din dati si Chris, kaso kinausap siya ni coach Frankie na baka nga raw bigyan pa ng second chance,” said the source who bared that NLEX and Meralco are just two of the teams already inquiring about Ellis.

Lim is no longer new to building up a champion team.

He was one of the men behind the formation of the multi-titled Talk 'N Text team, where he served as team manager from 2000 to 2010 after a two-season stint as coach. He also had a hand in the buildup of the Gilas Pilipinas team in 2010.

Lim’s eye for talent was also evident during his stint as San Beda coach from 2007 to 2011 when he formed the core of the Red Lions team which has already won five straight NCAA championships. He won four titles as Red Lions coach.

Tenorio has long been rumored to be on his way to GlobalPort in a trade for top rookie pick Stanley Pringle, but Lim said no such moves have been negotiated.

“Gawa-gawa lang 'yun eh para magkaroon ng kwento. I have not talked to anybody yet. Somebody came up with the Tenorio for Pringle trade. Sana maiwasan ang mga ganun. If it happens, it happens, di ba?” he said.

Asked if he has been given by San Miguel Corp. big boss Ramon S. Ang the all-encompassing powers to tweak the Kings’ roster, Lim took a deep breath.

“Ang sa akin, I work with Boss Al (Chua, Ginebra team governor), kami ang nag-aayos nung team … After that, for approval ni Boss RSA, pag gusto niya then we go, kung ayaw niya, okay lang. Pero with regards to this team, kami ni Coach Al ang gumagawa ng direksyon,” he said.

Another source said Lim's orders from Ang are pretty clear.

“Kilala mo naman si Mr. Ang. Business-wise, winner na 'yan, how much more sa basketball. You’ve seen how he has done wonders for San Miguel and Purefoods. So it’s no longer a surprise, ‘the Boss’ wants to focus on making Ginebra at par with its sister teams,” said the source.

eto pa chief...talagang kailangan nang maghanda ni mac...kung dati pwede na yung tira sa tres tapos tatakbo ng konti ngayon mukhang malabo na yan.

http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/news/jayjay-helterbrand-joseph-yeo-lewis-alfred-tenorio-ginebra-guard-situation-governors-cup-basketball-pba

Tama! kasama sa trading rumor si Baracael ang gusto ata kapalit sa trade na yan draft pick ng kabilang team, gusto makuha ni FL si Garvo Laneta, combo guard ang laro ni Lanete.

While Ellis give a 2nd chance by coach FL, binigyan ng ultimatum ni coach pag hindi pa din nag improved laro ni Ellis for sure he will be traded.

i guess f lim is building a team around japeth and greg... if that is the case he should keep yeo, baracael and LA.... no one will take helterbrand kasi mag reretire yan sa tingin ko pag na trade... sino ang magtitimon pay na trade si la at yeo? rookies? i do not think so... kanino i trade si LA? sino ang kasing calibre nya na willing mag part ways sa team? it is not easy to find a pg with LA's talent and it is harder to find a team willing to part ways with that player...

baracael? yes tradable pero kanino? sa draft pick again? pag isipan nila maige... baka panay rookie at sophomore tayo next year?

i remember yung pure foods 1988... panay super rookies yun plus fernandez, israel and 2 veterans yata, pero it took them 2 years bago mag champion....

balance is essential...respeto sa beterano and direction is very important too...

Edited by *kalel*
  • Like (+1) 1

I am seeing a lot of marketing spills sa appointment ni frankie... i am very excited para sa team pero if he can not deliver, ano kaya ang magiging rason ng management?

If he can not surpass the 1st runner up finish ni chua in a years time, what will happen? Sayang ang publicity ...

Ot- bakit parang di pinaguusapan yung final 4 ng pba? Lol!

I am seeing a lot of marketing spills sa appointment ni frankie... i am very excited para sa team pero if he can not deliver, ano kaya ang magiging rason ng management?

If he can not surpass the 1st runner up finish ni chua in a years time, what will happen? Sayang ang publicity ...

Ot- bakit parang di pinaguusapan yung final 4 ng pba? Lol!

Ni hindi nga napupuno ang coliseum :D Paano pag uusapan aminin man ang fan base ng ibang team hindi kasing massive ng fan base ng Barangay. Puro na lang pangungutya ang fans ng ibang team kasi kapag matamis ang bunga parating binabato para bumagsak. Pati nga rooms nila dito sa MTC nilalangaw. Mas marami pang hits ang NBA. I would imagine with a fiery coach sa Ginebra na parang si Yeng Guiao mas lalong dadami ang fan base nito. Huwag na lang bastos kagaya ng super absentee congressman.

i guess f lim is building a team around japeth and greg... if that is the case he should keep yeo, baracael and LA.... no one will take helterbrand kasi mag reretire yan sa tingin ko pag na trade... sino ang magtitimon pay na trade si la at yeo? rookies? i do not think so... kanino i trade si LA? sino ang kasing calibre nya na willing mag part ways sa team? it is not easy to find a pg with LA's talent and it is harder to find a team willing to part ways with that player...

baracael? yes tradable pero kanino? sa draft pick again? pag isipan nila maige... baka panay rookie at sophomore tayo next year?

i remember yung pure foods 1988... panay super rookies yun plus fernandez, israel and 2 veterans yata, pero it took them 2 years bago mag champion....

balance is essential...respeto sa beterano and direction is very important too...

I think these are the ones that should be traded for a draft pick (at least one of them);

> Urbiztondo or Monfort for Lanete pick - this is an upgrade on youth and PG skills position (Lanete is a gilas cadet so he knows defense and is a very deadly 3pt shooter)

> Pena + their 2nd round pick for a 1st round pick (kung may kukuha na ibang team)

> Baracel or Ellis for a Troy Rosario pick

I dont want to see JJ on another jersey, i just want him to retire - much respect

Kaso sana ung ibang changes after govs cup na lang, sayang ang chemistry maiksi lang ang break between conferences. magiging excuse na naman nila ung may mga bagong player at hindi pa nag je jel.

I fully support and agree on building the team core on Greg, Japhet and LA - they are the building blocks of this teams future.

as for MC47, mag twitter ka na lang.. hehehe

Edited by daphne loves derby
  • Like (+1) 1

ang pag angat kasi uli ng ginebra ang magpapaangat uli sa pba. kaya for the sake of philippine basketball eh lumugar yung mga dapat lumugar.mark and jj we thank you for your contribution but in order for ginebra to move forward the both of you should retire and help the team in another capacity other than that of a player.

• Like (+1) 3

ang pag angat kasi uli ng ginebra ang magpapaangat uli sa pba. kaya for the sake of philippine basketball eh lumugar yung mga dapat lumugar.mark and jj we thank you for your contribution but in order for ginebra to move forward the both of you should retire and help the team in another capacity other than that of a player.

nasaba ko sa isang forum na ang reason "daw" kaya ayaw pa mag retire ni JJ ay dahil sa lack of security sa SMC. Ang gusto "daw" ni JJ ay matulad kay Alapag na inalok na maging Gilas Asst. Coach at Manager ng Tnt kaya napapayag nilang mag retire na. Hindi kasi sigurado kung may mapupunthan ba sya sa SMC umbrella pag nag retire..

- makes sense considering his future as a father and a normal citizen after his basketball life. Tshirt business lang niya at yung salon ni RR ang alam kong pagkukunan nila. Pero hanggang kailan????

Edited by daphne loves derby

I think these are the ones that should be traded for a draft pick (at least one of them);

> Urbiztondo or Monfort for Lanete pick - this is an upgrade on youth and PG skills position (Lanete is a gilas cadet so he knows defense and is a very deadly 3pt shooter)

> Pena + their 2nd round pick for a 1st round pick (kung may kukuha na ibang team)

> Baracel or Ellis for a Troy Rosario pick

I dont want to see JJ on another jersey, i just want him to retire - much respect

Kaso sana ung ibang changes after govs cup na lang, sayang ang chemistry maiksi lang ang break between conferences. magiging excuse na naman nila ung may mga bagong player at hindi pa nag je jel.

I fully support and agree on building the team core on Greg, Japhet and LA - they are the building blocks of this teams future.

as for MC47, mag twitter ka na lang.. hehehe

For GSM fans surely we welcome this trade scenario ...Lanete and Rosario are two of my top picks for GSM. Troy could be a stretch 4 or probably be converted into a 3 na mahina tayo. Lanete offhand will be a duplication given we are loaded on the position he plays but is a welcome addition given that he is familiar with CFL's system.

We really need to unload ... However, IMHO medyo one sided ata ito for GSM. Who would want an Urbiztondo or an Eman for the chance to pick Lanete? I think it will take a Baracael or an Ellis (plus maybe a throw-in) for someone to give up a pick that will land between 3-5 in the coming draft.

But maybe these guys you mentioned will be interesting for those with mid to late picks and we can instead look at guys like Chris Newsome, Scottie Thompson, Baser Amer, Roi Sumang, Glen Khobuntin and Almond Vosotros among others.

Edited by rooster69ph

For GSM fans surely we welcome this trade scenario ...Lanete and Rosario are two of my top picks for GSM. Troy could be a stretch 4 or probably be converted into a 3 na mahina tayo. Lanete offhand will be a duplication given we are loaded on the position he plays but is a welcome addition given that he is familiar with CFL's system.

We really need to unload ... However, IMHO medyo one sided ata ito for GSM. Who would want an Urbiztondo or an Eman for the chance to pick Lanete? I think it will take a Baracael or an Ellis (plus maybe a throw-in) for someone to give up a pick that will land between 3-5 in the coming draft.

But maybe these guys you mentioned will be interesting for those with mid to late picks and we can instead look at guys like Chris Newsome, Scottie Thompson, Baser Amer, Roi Sumang, Glen Khobuntin and Almond Vosotros among others.

sabagay tama ka nga dre, kulang ung monfort or urbiztondo lang for lanete. Kung Urbiztondo/Monfort na lang + Pena? or Baracael + 2nd round pick?

another draft steal i think that BGSM would want to take if lanete becomes drafted earlier is Thompson, he is not just a scorer but a very good defender, example is yung game winning series clinching steal niya nung D league finals vs. Tautua's Cagayan team. Yun nga lang, another sekyu position.

Who's this Scottie Thompson? san ba ito naglaro parang ngayon ko lang narinig ang pangalan niya...

Who's this Scottie Thompson? san ba ito naglaro parang ngayon ko lang narinig ang pangalan niya...

here is an article about scottie thompson's heroics in the D league

Scottie Thompson defensive gems help Hapee nip Cagayan Valley in OT and claim D-League title on first try

Read more at: http://www.spin.ph/basketball/news/happee-champion-aspirants-cup-scottie-thompson-pba-d-leagu

SCOTTIE Thompson intercepted a pass from Moala Tautuaa with 19 seconds left to lift Hapee to a 93-91 win over Cagayan Valley on Thursday in a thrilling finish to the PBA D-League Aspirants Cup finals at the packed Ynares Sports Arena in Pasig. With the Fresh Fighters trailing 90-91, Tautuaa’s pass went right into the hands of Thompson, who scored on a lay-up. In the ensuing play, Thompson had another defensive gem, intercepting the ball once again leading to Baser Amer splitting two free throws. To cap his endgame brilliance, the University of Perpetual Help standout swatted Don Trollano’s three-point attempt in the final seconds as Hapee completed a sweep of the best-of-three title series. Hapee clinched its first victory in the PBA D-League in only its first conference, sweeping the Rising Suns, who topped the elimination round with an 11-0 win-loss slate. Garvo Lanete had 22 points for Hapee, while Troy Rosario added 20 points and 13 rebounds before suffering an ankle injury in overtime. Ola Adeogun finished with 19 points and 12 rebounds. But the hero of Game Two was Thompson, who scored 11 points, the final two markers off a Tautuaa turnover before coming through in the clutch. “Ang bilis nang pangyayari,” said a still stunned Hapee coach Ronnie Magsanoc when he spoke to the media. “Pagtingin ko, lamang na kami.” “Scottie saved the day for us. Ganun ka-simple. Unbelievable effort by Scottie,” said Magsanoc. Hapee completed the sweep without Aspirants Cup MVP Bobby Ray Parks, who went down with a dislocated right shoulder in the first possession of the first quarter and never returned. Tautuaa, the first overall pick in the D-League draft last year, couldn’t propel the Rising Suns to the D-League crown following several blunders in the endgame. The Fil-Tongan missed two free throws with the score tied at 81 with 37.8 seconds left in regulation. Tautuaa also had a chance to give the lead back to Cagayan Valley with 10 seconds remaining in the fourth but only split his two free throws. Then in overtime with Cagayan up by one, Tautuaa threw a bad pass right into the hands of Thompson that led to the marginal basket. Abel Galliguez had 18 points, 15 in the second half to keep the game close for the Rising Suns after trailing by as many as 11 in the third. Trollano added 17 points, while Jason Melano and Tautuaa each had 13.

nagtweet si Cesca Litton may isang player daw ng BGK ang ngthrow up sa kanilang practice cno kya yun?

sa sobrang dami ng Guards ng BGK d tuloy alam ni Coach Frankie cno nararapat itrade!

JayJay Helterbrand??? :lol:

buzzketball @dbuzzketball · 9h 9 hours ago

Frankie lim says mark and jayjay will play a big role in his team. read between the lines so you can sleep well and have peace of mind.

buzzketball @dbuzzketball · 10h 10 hours ago

Jayjay helterbrand arriving today will come to practice tmrw. He is nsd for life. And will retire with ginebra.