Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

With the Gin Kings fighting for dear life, the 5-foot-8 Tenorio outplayed his fellow Gilas Pilipinas guards Jimmy Alapag and Jayson Castro with another scintillating performance, capped by six pressure-packed free throws inside the last two minutes that enabled Ginebra to hang on. Dior Lowhorn,the workhorse that he is, immediately buckled down to work by pumping in 20 of his team-high 31 points in the first half.

After the Texters got to within 98-101 with 2:53 left, Lowhorn scored a clutch left-handed lay-up then Tenorio showed steely nerves, canning six freebies and making sure the Gin Kings will come out on top. Special mention to the athletic rookie Chris Ellis who took up the cudgels and delivered 12 of his conference-high 19 markers in the third canto while shadowing TNT import Courtney Fells.

time to rebuild siguro and build a team around LA and Ellis.... MC47 might have a hard time returning, Helterbrand is half-hearted in what he is doing, Kerby and Billy might need fresher legs as alternates... definitely they need 2 more bigs depending on Japeth's performance once he is fully back... ababou & baracael might be important pieces too if they want to rebuild...

ato for me needs more exposure.... maybe an assistant coaching job stint?

my 2 cents...

http://www.pbadraft.net/#!MOCK DRAFT 2013/c1x9v

I heard that Ginebra owns the right to pick first courtesy of trade with (forgot the team)..............Ginebra is interested kay Ian Sangalang not Greg Slaughter.

The Gin Kings owns the pick of Air 21 but traded their own pick away in a previous deal.

The 2 teams with the worst record this year will be having a lottery to decide who will own the first pick. I think Air 21 owns one of the worst record this season therefore will probably be one of the two teams in the lottery.

I think Sangalang should be a good choice since GSM needs a big man and given that he is to my opinion more athletic and has better post moves than Greg. Ian teaming up with Japeth will surely fit the run and gun style of GSM. Now the problem arises if and when Ray Parks decides to also turn pro. I wonder who will they choose? But then, San Mig is also in the mix as they own the pick of Globalport. So most likely, the SMC management will decide among themselves.

The Gin Kings owns the pick of Air 21 but traded their own pick away in a previous deal.

The 2 teams with the worst record this year will be having a lottery to decide who will own the first pick. I think Air 21 owns one of the worst record this season therefore will probably be one of the two teams in the lottery.

I think Sangalang should be a good choice since GSM needs a big man and given that he is to my opinion more athletic and has better post moves than Greg. Ian teaming up with Japeth will surely fit the run and gun style of GSM. Now the problem arises if and when Ray Parks decides to also turn pro. I wonder who will they choose? But then, San Mig is also in the mix as they own the pick of Globalport. So most likely, the SMC management will decide among themselves.

Add to the equation Chris Banchero (certainly a mouth-watering prospect)...But then again, Ginebra has lots of guards. This year's drafting would be interesting