Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

What do you mean "at least">?

idol. at least its a win, tipong kahit ... naka three points shot and 1 (foul throw) ang kalaban on the dying seconds... panalo pa din..... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

at least- siguro its a big win against losing team.

ndi katulad ng panalo nila sa barakos, its a ugly win!!!

, in a WAY idol.. it really is a big and a convincing win... points scored (statistically) against sa SLR ( a newly revamped and struggling team, a weakened Team)

IMHO against the barakos and AIR 21.... i see it as Ginebra winning not because they won, but its their opponents who failed to win the game for themselves, thus giving Ginebra the W's.

A win is a win :rolleyes: ,,, hopefully they win all their games while trying to keep their bearings along the way.

Hmmmmm.... WHos going to replace Ambres.....i think he will be replaced even if ginebra lands on the playoffs....sana lang... middle of the 2nd round ng elims not after... :wacko:

Hmmmmm.... WHos going to replace Ambres.....i think he will be replaced even if ginebra lands on the playoffs....sana lang... middle of the 2nd round ng elims not after... :wacko:

according to BGK insiders, naghahanap na sila ng kapalit ni ambres pero tahimik lang sila upang hindi makahalata ang import na papalitan na ito(kaya puro tagalog lahat ng paguusap tungkol dito). kaso, sa isang site ng BGK, may nagsabi kay ambres tungkol dito (nagtranslate sa english para sa kanya upang maintindihan niya). kaya nalaman din niya. :lol:

according to BGK insiders, naghahanap na sila ng kapalit ni ambres pero tahimik lang sila upang hindi makahalata ang import na papalitan na ito(kaya puro tagalog lahat ng paguusap tungkol dito). kaso, sa isang site ng BGK, may nagsabi kay ambres tungkol dito (nagtranslate sa english para sa kanya upang maintindihan niya). kaya nalaman din niya. :lol:

Putik baka mawalan ng gana si Ambres ah..

• Like (+1) 1

I don't know if Ambres is the type of import that can lead Ginebra to the championship. While they won't necessarily need a prolific and topnotch reinforcement to do that, they would need someone imposing enough to instill fear and compete against his co-imports. So far, Gabe Freeman has remained to be the meterstick of success for an import in this conference. Shawn Daniels, on the other hand, backed by a very talented local crew, is suited for the Texters because he doesn't hog the spotlight and would prefer to simply do the dirty job - a characteristic not noted among the locals, with the exception perhaps of Harvey Carey.

I don't know if Ambres is the type of import that can lead Ginebra to the championship. While they won't necessarily need a prolific and topnotch reinforcement to do that, they would need someone imposing enough to instill fear and compete against his co-imports. So far, Gabe Freeman has remained to be the meterstick of success for an import in this conference. Shawn Daniels, on the other hand, backed by a very talented local crew, is suited for the Texters because he doesn't hog the spotlight and would prefer to simply do the dirty job - a characteristic not noted among the locals, with the exception perhaps of Harvey Carey.

hindi talaga si ambres ang import na kailangan nila ngayon. Ambres is a legit guard, kaya nahihirapan siya sa post at pagiging center. mas gusto niya ang outside shooting or drive to the basket, kaya nakikihati pa siya sa roles ng mga guards ng BGK. what they need is an import who can post up and rebound.

READ, jong, READ...........................................................................................

Hot Baguio start fuels Aces run vs Tigers

By Nelson Beltran (The Philippine Star) Updated May 20, 2010 12:00 AM

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/1877/spo1r.jpg Alaska import Diamon Simpson gets away from Coke Tiger Asi Taulava for an unchallenged undergoal shot. JUN MENDOZa

| Zoom MANILA, Philippines - Cyrus Baguio dazzled and sizzled in the opening quarter to provide the momentum for Alaska’s 108-98 decision over the Coke Tigers in the 2010 PBA Fiesta Conference at the Araneta Coliseum last night.

Baguio went 9-of-9 from the field in the first period and the rest of the Aces sustained the initiative on their way to notching their sixth victory in 10 games.

“I myself was surprised with my performance. The first shot gave me the confidence to keep on shooting,” said Baguio of his big game that saw him finish with a personal season high of 28 points.

The new Alaska player, acquired in exchange for two-time MVP winner Willie Miller, went 13-of-15 from the field overall, making his first 10 attempts before missing a shot with 6:40 left in the third quarter.

Prior to his 9-of-9 shooting, the all-time best perfect shooting in a quarter in the league was 8-of-8 by Coca-Cola import Jason Dixon in the same conference two years ago.

Alaska coach Tim Cone was happy with Baguio’s performance but not with the overall game put up by his team.

“I really thought we could have done better. I wanted our team to win with defense,” said Cone.

“We have to break our old habit. We have to make the stops not try to outscore the opponents. We can’t outscore teams like San Miguel and Talk n Text. That should be the mindset if we want to get deep into the playoffs,” Cone added.

The Aces engaged the Tigers in an offensive battle, shooting 55.8 percent from the field.

Diamon Simpson put in 18 points and 17 rebounds while Joe Devance and LA Tenorio added 13 points apiece as the Aces sent the Tigers reeling to their sixth straight defeat.

Coca-Cola dropped to 4-7 after being swept by Alaska in their elimination-round games in this season-ending tourney.

Ano na standings ng BGK, pangit pa rin ba linalaro ni Miller?

BGK is currently tied with DAL and ALA at 3rd place with 6 wins and 4 losses, behind SMB (9-1) and TNT (8-2).

stats ni Miller since wearing the BGK jersey:

APR 30 vs ALA - 2 pts (1/8 FG), 4 rebs, 3 assts, 3 TO, 0 PF in 18 mins.

MAY 5 vs AIR21 - 12 pts (2/5 FG), 3 rebs, 4 assts, 1 TO, 2 PF in 27 mins.

MAY 9 vs DAL - 10 pts (3/11 FG), 4 rebs, 2 assts, 0 TO, 2 PF in 28 mins.

MAY 12 vs BCM - 9 pts (3/12 FG), 7 rebs, 3 assts, 1 stl, 1 TO, 0 PF in 20 mins.

MAY 16 vs SLR - 2 pts (1/6 FG), 1 reb, 1 assts, 1 stl, 2 TO, 0 PF in 17 mins.

NEXT GAME will be on MAY 22 @ CEBU against ALASKA ACES (miller-baguio face off once more)

I was watching their game until sa 3rd quarter at lamang ang alaska, sinara ko muna ang TV at kumain thinking na it is another loss on the part of our team dahil maganda ang nilalaro ng alaska esp. Baguio, pagbukas ko ulit and going into the final few minutes nagulat ako dahil lamang pala ang Ginebra. Hanep ang dance step ni cone kaso 'di naman material sa laro 'yung non-call ng referee dahil malaki ang lamang ng Ginebra. Also, parang nono-factor si Ambres, dapat siguro palitan na s'ya, maski si Hatfield almost a non-factor na din, mas malakas pa yata maglaro sa kanya si Wilson ngayon, sayang din 'yung 3 years na pagkawala n'ya at malaki ang ipinagbago ng laro n'ya at syempre nagka-edad na din....

dapat palitan na si ambres, nakahabol sila nung wala nilabas siya sa game

Good observation!

Their import should be one that plays the 'Ginebra' style of play- gritty, hardworking, and with much bravura, hindi yung looking to score lang.

Locals lang nagdadala...but somehow naging complacent ang Alaska sa huli at di nakabalik yung fire nina Skyrus at Larry Fonacier

pero parang mali talaga yung kuha nila kay miller

may maganda blessing pa din naman to,caguiao is playing longer minutes na like before,and kung malas helterbrand he can score din naman at same time play pointguard.unlike before they really must divide the minutes,specially you have tubid,and pagbalik ni intal.as long na alam ni miller role nya.

I'm almost sure Willie Miller would fit Ginebra's system like gloves into hands. He would be able to replicate the roles of either Caguioa or Helterbrand in the team because of his sheer versatility. It would take some time for him to adjust to Uichico's system but once he gets into the groove, he'll be a major force to reckon with and will be a critical cog in Ginebra's quest for more championships.