On 11/27/2021 at 4:54 AM, Andie711 said:

Did someone ever need to take a dump in the trails? ....... hihihi patiis pre pandemic 

Never sa mga sikat na bike trails hahaha. I have done it sa mga probinsya trails. I just find an out of the way location. I use a tent peg i have on my toolkit to dig a 3 to 6 inch deep hole. I aways cover and top with rocks if  possible

Sanay ako gumawa ng scat hole from my hiking days eh

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

2022 is all about self improvement for me. So I decided to take up biking. This has been on my mind since 2020 when pandemic started, then moreso around november last year when I started a healthier lifestyle. 

I initially planned to enroll in a gym but i dont think it is safe yet. So to hit two birds with one stone, biking is the logical solution. 

I need help. I was gonna buy a bike at the start of the year, but i was hit with covid and is still in quarantine. Once Im done isolating, i want to get my own bike.

What should i get with a measly budget of 10k max. This is the absolute max.

Please note, i am new to biking. I dont even know how to ride a bike. So i'll be learning that as soon as i buy one. Im also only 4'11 so the big tall bikes are not for me.

Any suggestions ? It must be budget-friendly, beginner-friendly and height-friendly. 

I mostly plan to bike around my village first then hopefully when im capable, ride longer distances and when the world permits, still use it to go to work in Makati. 

TIA

On 1/17/2022 at 1:47 PM, Viola said:

2022 is all about self improvement for me. So I decided to take up biking. This has been on my mind since 2020 when pandemic started, then moreso around november last year when I started a healthier lifestyle. 

I initially planned to enroll in a gym but i dont think it is safe yet. So to hit two birds with one stone, biking is the logical solution. 

I need help. I was gonna buy a bike at the start of the year, but i was hit with covid and is still in quarantine. Once Im done isolating, i want to get my own bike.

Please note, i am new to biking. I dont even know how to ride a bike. So i'll be learning that as soon as i buy one. Im also only 4'11 so the big tall bikes are not for me.

Any suggestions ? It must be budget-friendly, beginner-friendly and height-friendly. 

I mostly plan to bike around my village first then hopefully when im capable, ride longer distances and when the world permits, still use it to go to work in Makati. 

TIA

I think a folding bike would suit your development as a newbie and eventually, biker commuter.  I strongly recommend you buy a 2nd hand bike (of reasonable good condition).  Look at Japan surplus shops.  Wishing your fully recovery from covid and success in a healthy lifestyle.

Edited by figaro888
On 1/17/2022 at 1:47 PM, Viola said:

TIA

Hoping for your speedy recovery @Viola. I do agree with @figaro888that a folding bike covers your requirement "budget-friendly, beginner-friendly and height-friendly"  as a starting point. This is a convenient commuter bike that is allowed on trains (MRT, LRT) and Grab or Taxi. I saw a budget folding bike which looks good for its price around 5-6k, the Garuda folding bike and the Skyland folding bike. Try looking it up in FB Marketplace to have an idea. Save the remaining money for your bike upgrade (accessories, maintenance, parts or a new bike. hehehe). Hope this helps.

On 1/23/2022 at 10:28 AM, K0RN - RETIR3D said:

Can anyone share their Bike (Specs)? 

• Santa Cruz 5010cc frame
  • rockshox pike ultimate fork 140mm
  • rockshox super deluxe ultimate rear shock 130mm
  • reverb axs dropper
  • x01 axs groupset
  • hope cranks
  • sram g2 ultimate brakeset 
  • burgtec cockpit, saddle and pedals
  • raceface arc offset rims with industry nine 1/1 hubs
  • maxxis minion dhr 2 front and rear

my first and hopefully my last mountain bike. 👌

9 hours ago, calculatedtryst said:
  • reverb axs dropper
  • x01 axs groupset
  • hope cranks

TFS. Mga hm budget nio para sa ganyang set-up? 

On 1/26/2022 at 1:00 PM, calculatedtryst said:
  • reverb axs dropper
  • x01 axs groupset
  • hope cranks

grabe sa frame at suspensions plng mahal na

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2022 at 1:00 PM, calculatedtryst said:
  • reverb axs dropper
  • x01 axs groupset
  • hope cranks

All-Carbon ba yan sir? Actually, mga nasa 30-50K lang budget ko as of the moment. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2022 at 10:28 AM, K0RN - RETIR3D said:

Can anyone share their Bike (Specs)? 

My MTB is a Haro Shift S3, 1x10 full-sus.  Bought it 2 years ago for P49k.

All stock components - Deore group set, Suntour Raidon front and rear shocks, Shimano brakes. Pwede na for basic trail riding 👍

Edited by and1ando
On 2/9/2022 at 1:02 AM, K0RN - RETIR3D said:

All-Carbon ba yan sir? Actually, mga nasa 30-50K lang budget ko as of the moment. 

Question is, where do you plan to ride, paved roads or trails?  At 30-50k budget, swak na yan sa alloy hardtail bikes such as Giant or Trek.  If you want a decent full-sus bike for trail rides, add around 20k+ to your budget.

2 hours ago, and1ando said:

My MTB is a Haro Shift S3, 1x10 full-sus.  Bought it 2 years ago for P49k.

All stock components - Deore group set, Suntour Raidon front and rear shocks, Shimano brakes. Pwede na for basic trail riding 👍

Thanks Sir. Will keep this in mind. 

2 hours ago, and1ando said:

Question is, where do you plan to ride, paved roads or trails?  At 30-50k budget, swak na yan sa alloy hardtail bikes such as Giant or Trek.  If you want a decent full-sus bike for trail rides, add around 20k+ to your budget.

actually a combination of paved roads and trails but most likely more on roads for now.