Places That You Have Driven

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Autobahn. Frankfurt to munchen, passing by stutggart and nurmburg. It was exhilirating. I cruised at the fastest speed I ever attained in my life and as the car could handle it. Very memorable . I had an international driver's permit.

London. early nineties. in college univ of london. tried driving on the reverse side of the road. very confusing. staying on the left lane than the right lane was always challenging. I did not last long because one day on turning right I turned directly in front of a bus!!!!!!...the tube is much faster, less hassle and less expensive. My usual route was at stamford hill to hammersmith.

Vancouver canada. nice roads and sometimes confusing signs though. parking not so good.

Drove and really got nervous...tijuana, mexico. would you believe that on the outskirts of tijuana, a highway going down to baja there was this pinoy shack selling oranges in the middle of nowhere!!!! was a big big surprise.

crazy drivers in the USA. ( consider that drivers all over the world come to this great land only to die from road disasters). We alternate driving from Oklahoma city crossing the states of new mexico, texas, arizona, nevada and finally got to san diego. Took us 4 days because we spent a night/day in taos, new mexico. stayed at my brother-in-law's place for a few days and drove to Los angeles and to san francisco, catching a flight back home to pinas. VERY EXHAUSTING.

toronto canada, a brother and his family lives here. From the airport drove on the 401 expressway all the way to scarborough...kennedy ave.

NLEX, from QC to mapandan, pangasinan. But rode the bus from manaoag to bagiuo city.

Drove on a muggy fall ( reversed in australia) their winter is our summer etc., from cairns to kuranda to visit my beloved australian white brother!!!!! some desolate areas scared me a bit. what if we get a car breakdown, out of gas out of luck!!

A relative got stationed in seoul south korea. Drove the asian brother's roads and etc., slightly better than pinas driving. One thing I noticed in korea, they are very patriotic about their cars, like germany, the cars on the road was about 99% asian cars and about 80% korean made. The cars WERE BUILT FOR THE SMALL ROADS AND STREETS THEY HAVE. No big cars that I saw. Not like us here in pinas, pag may nakita na hummer, tries to get big cars to show-off, BUT OUR ROADS ARE NOT BUILT FOR BIG CARS....always the pinoy does not make sense sometimes.

MY drives in europe are an adventure in itself. belgium to luxembourg. In this city I got ticketed for parking on the wrong damn slot. ( believe me I am law abiding in other countries, but the instructions, signs and etc., none of which I could understand because it was in french, or flemish, or german.( german I can understand a bit like achtung, ausfart, ya vol, kaiserslautern).

France was good, strasbourg was our entry point, picture taken on the countryside.

Basel switzerland, I saw a small pinoy store, just passed by, there was a pinay young lady, passing by carrying stuff that looked like chambermaid stuff. basel was curiously very, very difficult to find a parking spot. THE MOST SCARY PART WAS WHEN I GOT LOST DRIVING, AND NOTICED THAT PEOPLE ALONG SIDE THE ROAD WERE STARING AT US, AS IF TO SAY , WHAT'S WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE, THEIR LOOK WERE THAT OF FATE HAPPENING SOON. STRANGELY NOBODY WARNED US, BECAUSE JUST UP AHEAD OF ME WAS A TRAIN BARRELING FAST LIKE 50KMS/hr. I looked again and realized that I was driving on the train tracks!!!!!!!! I took the most drastic evasive swing of the car i was driving to avoid collision, just in the nick of time , missed the train . this could have been a James bond car scene only this was real.....phewwwwwww pinagpawisan ako ng butil-butil sa takot. My american niece was so frightened that no shout came off her mouth in shock due to the quickness of the event. HEY WE ARE SAFE NOW!!!! Just one of those things, s@%t happens.

doha, is classified and so is muskat..driving gov't vehicles. anyway always , always remember that tire pressures in paved road driving is different from tire pressure driving in desert sand .

as one can see now, I love driving, one of my passion besides my career, sex , painting, money , and gambling.

Edited by Wyld
  • 4 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...