fMLB Full Count 10

bubuy

LOL

not that the mutts would lose much picks... i mean, he'd be left with much...

anyway, look at the numbers:

H/AB -------------- R ----------- HR ---------- RBI ---------- SB ---------- AVG ---------- OPS

102/378 ---------- 70 ---------- 23 ---------- 69 ---------- 13 ---------- .270 ---------- .883 - werth

78/335 ----------- 54 ---------- 15 ----------- 56 ---------- 10 ---------- .233 ---------- .769 - player B

at a mere 43 AB difference, werth is clearly producing much, much more than player B... though player B has had some injury issues this year (which, ironically is werth's "calling card" of sorts) it'd be rather impossible for player B to match the production of werth given the same amount of ABs...

player B is a surefire franchise 1st rounder, a 5-tool guy still of endless potential... though werth may be 30, he's still on a surge upwards (starting last year after the ASB) and with an excellent team / supporting cast around him (which i think player B hasn't got much of lately), werth could easily give player B A run for his money in fantasy production and rankings...

who is player B? grady sizemore...

and now you know i'm not shortchanging you, master J... ;) believe me, i'm not the type who "jongks" others around (often being on the wrong end of "jongk-ing", lol)... i just feel that his value is probably near what i'm asking...

still, your call... ;)

Edited by TripleDouble
LOL

not that the mutts would lose much picks... i mean, he'd be left with much...

anyway, look at the numbers:

H/AB -------------- R ----------- HR ---------- RBI ---------- SB ---------- AVG ---------- OPS

102/378 ---------- 70 ---------- 23 ---------- 69 ---------- 13 ---------- .270 ---------- .883 - werth

78/335 ----------- 54 ---------- 15 ----------- 56 ---------- 10 ---------- .233 ---------- .769 - player B

at a mere 43 AB difference, werth is clearly producing much, much more than player B... though player B has had some injury issues this year (which, ironically is werth's "calling card" of sorts) it'd be rather impossible for player B to match the production of werth given the same amount of ABs...

player B is a surefire franchise 1st rounder, a 5-tool guy still of endless potential... though werth may be 30, he's still on a surge upwards (starting last year after the ASB) and with an excellent team / supporting cast around him (which i think player B hasn't got much of lately), werth could easily give player B A run for his money in fantasy production and rankings...

who is player B? grady sizemore...

oooooohh.. me likey this post.

matthew berry, is that you? :P

sige nga... in 2010: j-werth or nelson cruz?

j-werth or andre ethier?

isa pa: j-werth.... or carlos beltran?

in a keeper league: j-werth... or mccutchen?

jayson werth... or shin-soo choo? :rolleyes:

I dunno if Werth is a keeper or not but I'm inclined to think that he's just a solid player playing over his head.

so yeah, two first rounders is a bit brutal.

the Sizemore comp is a bit misleading as well.

you hit for Philly---both the lineup and that park, you're bound to produce.

if they switched places, would there be any doubt whether or not Grady could do the same in an albeit "smaller" role?

Edited by gift_of_game

I still think werth is a keeper.. and it should be!

but yeah, he's playing over his head now.

the talent is still there, regardless...

the Blue Jays might be reeling right now on why they traded this guy.

(that was Jason effin' Frasor for J-werth btw)

the Sizemore comp is only based for this year. and we can say that they have the same value.

or actually, werth is higher for '09..

werth-for-grady in a non-keeper league is fair right now. the numbers dont lie.

but of course, everyone will take grady coz he's more talented and more capable to do better numbers.

and without injuries, he should've eclipsed 400 AB's right now, with additional 5 HR and SB.

so Werth is now better than Grady just `coz he happened to have one good year?

:rolleyes:

like I said, you put any player in a good lineup, he's bound to give you something.

(and the Indians have been a mess all season long.)

would I give up 2 first rounders for Werth? NO

would I give up 2 first rounders for Grady? Hell yeah.

WOULD I TRADE GRADY FOR WERTH? NO

the numbers aren't lying but there's no point believing numbers if you can't put them in the proper context.

Edited by gift_of_game
so Werth is now better than Grady just `coz he happened to have one good year?

:rolleyes:

in 2009 lang.. :rolleyes:

syempre in a keepers league, that's a veto-able trade.

would I give up 2 first rounders for Werth? NO

maybe isa lang.. kasi unti-unti na nating nauubos yung mga blue-chip prospects.

or pwedeng hindi na 1st rounder.

would I give up 2 first rounders for Grady? Hell yeah.

agree.

it's difficult tho. mahirap humanap ng consistent 30-30 HR/SB producer ah. braun is in the same neighborhood, too..

injured lang siya this year thats why he's not gonna have it.

Edited by kingsville
I still think werth is a keeper.. and it should be!

but yeah, he's playing over his head now.

the talent is still there, regardless...

the Blue Jays might be reeling right now on why they traded this guy.

(that was Jason effin' Frasor for J-werth btw)

the Sizemore comp is only based for this year. and we can say that they have the same value.

or actually, werth is higher for '09..

werth-for-grady in a non-keeper league is fair right now. the numbers dont lie.

but of course, everyone will take grady coz he's more talented and more capable to do better numbers.

and without injuries, he should've eclipsed 400 AB's right now, with additional 5 HR and SB.

points taken, doc... :)

and oh hell yeah, as quoted, werth is a keeper... again, we can do the what-ifs game here and there, but still, werth is in philly right now, and perhaps still would be in the near future, and despite playing waaaaaaayyy over his head right now, i don't see him falling far should he "tame down" a bit... well, he might falter maybe if he's traded to oakland :lol:...

if anything else, you'd be getting a sure thing in his prime, master J...

and not to diss my man-crush, but yes, the injuries kinda took some major mojo off mah boytoy :lol:... but still, not trading him, consig :lol: - he's still got IT (whatever that is :lol:)... it's keepers anyways...

and fish, yeah, kinda inspired by matthew berry right now... since i've watched that espn bromance-fest he's had with my #2 guy, mark "the spark" reynolds... i mean, insane, but almost comparing him to "the wolverine / the machine"... goodness.. :lol:

@3d

so if I doled out two 1st rounders and a farmboy for Grady you wouldn't take it?

:hypocritesmiley:

no point for the Mutts to overpay for Werth.

Grady maybe but not Werth.

besides, you should be selling Werth to a playoff team.

@kv

hindi nga kasi pwedeng numbers-numbers lang ang laban.

anyone can come up with numbers.

kung numbers lang parati, eh di sana linggo-linggo may Zimmerman-Wright trade diba?

:hypocritesmiley:

Edited by gift_of_game

friendly debate lang tayo ah..

ayokong magaya sa sports thread.. :lol:

i was just saying, that in a non-keeper league this year..

if you trade werth for grady, straight-up. it's fair enough.

magkakatalo lang sa projections the day after the trade has been consummated.

sa keepers, syempre reject yan.

it was interesting kasi that 3D brought up numbers b/w the two OF's.

that's why i also love fantasy baseball.. :)

how come werth can command 2 first rounders and victorino didnt even get a shoutout when i pimping him then? :unsure:

it's RSP bro..."Ricciardi Standard Pricing"

I made pansin Shane Vic naman...just couldn't give up the dude you wanted bro.

@kv

so long as no one channels their inner porker, it's good.

speaking of Mark Reynolds.. isa syang monster in 2009!

33 HR/20 SB.. and he was a waiver wire pickup @ the main league. :cry:

and in this league as well.. :(

ang isa pang halimaw.. BJ-Up's lil bro, who just got on the DL. 20/16 naman..

N-Cruz as well.. lasing na si Brad Evans by now.

as i was typing this post, ethier with a walk-off.. his 23rd.

nice... the thread's en fuego :evil:

consig - no... for the reason i'd mention below

doc - no too... i won't trade grady unless it's a pujols being offered to me... man-crush comes 1st in that thought,,, sentimental value maybe a close 2nd... well, then again, i'm that guy who traded kevin "better than LBJ" durant for 2 glue-gunned, stitched-up players...

RSP or otherwise, im setting myself into a win-win off sorts... if J takes him, cool... if not, well, im still all cool... just gotta figure how to build a better pitching staff from the FA pool / draft and try to compete with makeshift, breakout, sleeper arms :lol:

better than LBJ?

nah. apples and oranges. more like a better TMac in his prime, thug scorer with just enough playmaking skills.

I'd take Jongks' deal if I were you.

maybe haggle for a 3rd rounder at best.

bottomline, I get picks for something...and picks would be more valuable once the off-season is in full-swing...which is why the Mutts have them in bunches.

if I could get "something" for a few more useful parts, hey, that's a start.

Anong kaguluhan to-its? :blink:

You guys are havin' fun without me, dammit!

:lol:

master TD

When I said I had two 1st rounders, I was just saying that I have them. I wasn't offering them for Werth.

For Grady, I'll deliver them both to you personally pa. :lol:

Thing is, even with the projectedly higher 1st rounder that I have, I'm hesitating to deal it for Werth.

Werth is very good -- this year. I just won't pay that much when the law of averages is just around the corner.

Maybe if I'm trying to win this season.

master bubuy

I think I posted something like an inquiry on Shane Vic.

There, that guy is worth a 1st rounder for me.

i must admit that my asking price for shane vic was a lil bit high when i offered him to denim BUT that is bec he's on the same league as me. now if i would have to offer him to someone from the other league, might have been different.

all moot now since im in playoff position AND jupton is hurt. huhu.

^^ It's ok, master b

Good luck to you and the other playoff teams!

------------------

1000 chips on Joba and the damnyankees! :thumbsupsmiley:

And, oh, Ethier cost me 1800 chips today. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Five walk-off HRs this season. Is that clutch or what? :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by Jongkers