fMLB Full Count 10

bubuy

i think the cards will get it.. since "CUBS" will happen again.

the 'stros will be in the race.. but i guess that's it.

i also like the M's deal, from the Snell perspective that is.. the kid just needs a change of environment to re-focus.

with Jeff Clement going to the Buccos, what would he possibly do there? are they thinking of trading away doumit in the near future?

and it looks like i'll agree with denim here.

di hamak namang mas malupet ang stuff ni Halladay.

(i was about to queue in the Holiday song from madonna :lol:)

speaking of which, si a-rod ay nakakarami na!

may kate hudson pang nalalaman? :blink:

i think the correct report is the 5 players. i doubt the pirates would only accept 3 minor leaguers for wilson and snell..

If it was purely a salary dump by the Pirates, I think 3 players would have been sufficient. As it is, part of the trade agreement is the M's will only pay $400K each for Wilson and Snell this season and the rest will be covered by the Pirates. Our Ackley fund, perhaps? :D

I like this trade mainly because of Snell - we still have a big trading chip in Washburn (who, as of now, has lower ERA than Halladay and Felix! - not that I am stating he is better than both :-) ), and we have a potential replacement for Wash in Snell. Wilson is just icing in the cake. Wilson's defense in SS is much better than Cedeno (who is not bad himself) and although below average in offense, is much better than the blackhole line of 0.167/0.213/0.290 (ugh!)

For the Pirates, IF Clement plays as a catcher for them, this trade could also be a good trade for them. I am confident there is no Tillman in the 3 minor leaguers (all pitchers) we sent. Although I think there is a potential sleeper among them - ironically, it's the one having the worst stat this season (Adcock).

Edited by oracle_man
Rich Poythress, the 4th pick of the M's (2nd round), just signed. I am pleasantly surprised he is assigned at AA. I think he will be fast-tracked to the Major Leagues just like his college teammate Gordon Beckham.

woot! woot!

:thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: