• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

fMLB Full Count 10

bubuy

Team A

IP L SV K ERA BB/9

CL1 44.0 4 20 49 2.86 2.864

CL2 48.0 0 28 63 2.25 4.312

CL3 35.2 0 24 33 3.79 3.785

T/A 4 72 145 2.96 3.653

Team B

IP L SV K ERA BB/9

RP1 63.1 3 1 72 3.98 4.689

RP2 32.1 1 4 49 1.39 3.897

RP3 9.1 0 1 10 1.93 2.893

T/A 4 6 131 2.43 3.82

team b obviously punts saves.

Edited by gift_of_game
sa Colorado nga naman.. pero kaya naman nyang mag-close eh.. :hypocritesmiley:

but you're already pulled a lot of rugs, more than I do.

I just started.. while you're in the "climax" of your improbable comeback! :lol:

top of the hill ba...so pababa na? hehe!

hindi naman ako umaasa bro eh.

we're just trying to keep the game a bit more compelling heading into the playoffs. :hypocritesmiley:

top of the hill ba...so pababa na? hehe!

hindi naman ako umaasa bro eh.

we're just trying to keep the game a bit more compelling heading into the playoffs. :hypocritesmiley:

Pero gumaganda na ang team standings natin with your stellar play! :D

Kaya sasama kami... pampagulo! hehehe!

Meanwhile..

Team A

IP L SV K ERA BB/9

CL1 44.0 4 20 49 2.86 2.864

CL2 48.0 0 28 63 2.25 4.312

CL3 35.2 0 24 33 3.79 3.785

T/A 4 72 145 2.96 3.653

Team B

IP L SV K ERA BB/9

RP1 63.1 3 1 72 3.98 4.689

RP2 32.1 1 4 49 1.39 3.897

RP3 9.1 0 1 10 1.93 2.893

T/A 4 6 131 2.43 3.82

well, lamang ang Team A, no doubt..

ang argument/debate dito siguro ay yung deficit..

well, lamang ang Team A, no doubt..

ang argument/debate dito siguro ay yung deficit..

Q: if you take the all-too-precious saves out of the equation, can Team B hang with (not necessarily win against) Team A (or for that matter, any team with an army of closers) in all the other cats?

A: yes, though it might take a little luck (favorable match-ups) and definitely, the right middle relief crew to make it happen.

I don't think we can really compare middle RPs with closers simply because they have different missions when they go to the mound. They may have more or less the same contributions in the peripherals (heck, i'd even grant that RPs are better just for the sake of argument) but it's the closers who will give you more Saves.

What I'm saying is, between the top RPs and 2nd tier closers, I'll get the latter anytime.

Because at the end of the day, it's the closers who will give me a chance to win one more category week after week.

To each his own, I guess. :)

Edited by Jongkers

Parehas tayo actually ng mindset, Jongkers.. I think almost everyone does.

Basta closer, kailangan na siyang i-grab.. you'll take him everytime. "Saves are saves, nevertheless."

If you're punting saves, you just have to make sure that you have a lights-out (read: not just good but great, or even better than that) bullpen/set-up/relief pitcher crew. So you could only punt "just one" category.

Ngayon, if you were punting, you could either fill up those required RP slots or stockpile other positions.

- Stockpiling batters means you give more emphasis on the batting cats, although you have to make good and unregrettable decisions on who to start and who to sit. If you're good at it, good for you then! :thumbsupsmiley:

- Stockpiling starters gives you more emphasis on the pitching cats and neglects the idea of streaming. Too much streaming isn't a good idea because you're putting the ERA/WHIP/BB9 category in peril. :unsure:

^

actually, we can and I just did.

ultimately, it all boils down to numbers, not roles, personalities or situations.

that's what fantasy is all about anyway: numbers.

my only point is, a typical closer's value tends to be inflated if you go by "conventional" thinking.

you say the closer gives you more value on top of saves, I say I can get everything else even if I can't get any saves.

most would say that's setting myself up for disappointment, but hey, I'll take the challenge.