• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Who Are Your Favorite Authors? Favorite Books?

ah.. may fifth pa pala? weird! hehe! :D wasn't able to get that one. pero that's next on my list. :)

Also, while you're in your Douglas Adams stage right now, try looking for his Dirk Gently series. This is about a detective with a totally different approach to detective work. There are two Dirk Gently books -- "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency" and "The Long Dark Teatime of the Soul". Neil Gaiman's concept about what happens to gods after their worshippers stopped believing was first tackled by Adams in the latter book. He was working on his third Dirk Gently book when he, sob sob, passed away.

Sorry for the geekspeak. :D

Also, while you're in your Douglas Adams stage right now, try looking for his Dirk Gently series. This is about a detective with a totally different approach to detective work. There are two Dirk Gently books -- "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency" and "The Long Dark Teatime of the Soul". Neil Gaiman's concept about what happens to gods after their worshippers stopped believing was first tackled by Adams in the latter book. He was working on his third Dirk Gently book when he, sob sob, passed away.

Sorry for the geekspeak. :D

thanks for the tip. hanapin ko yang dirk series. i hope i'll be as lucky as i was with the first 4 books. :rolleyes:

Hi, im new here at MTC. My friend BizMan told me to register here. Im selling books. We have a modest collection of commercial books that are relatively cheaper compared to NBS and Powerbooks.

Do you have books by Isaac Asimov? His Robot series?

He's one of my favorites... others are Stephen King and Rowling.

I don't know if Asimov was already discussed in this thread. The move I, Robot was based on Asimov's works. His 3 Laws of Robotics was "borrowed" by other movies such as A.I. and the movie where Robin Williams played a robot. Most of his books were written back in the 40's if i remember right.

But my favorite is his Foundation series. I read 3 of 5 already and I can't wait to read the next one! This series was voted the "Hugo Best Series Ever", beating Tolkiens' Lord of the Rings.

any Richard Matheson book (I am Legend, Duel, 7 Steps to Midnight)

any James Ellroy novel (Black Dahlia, LA Confidential, etc.)

any Alan Furst novel (Red Gold, The World at Night, Blood of Victory)

Stephen King's NightShift

Cornelius Ryan's The Longest Day and A Bridge Too Far

Stephen Ambrose's D-Day, Citizen Soldiers

Michael Chabon's The Adventures of Kavalier and Clay

Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere and American Gods

Brian Michael Bendis's Torso (graphic novel)

William Gibson's Neuromancer

Katherine Graham's Personal History

Bill Clinton's My Life

John Russell Taylor's Cinema Eye, Cinema Ear

Ray Bradbury's The Illustrated Man

Graham Greene's The Third Man

F. Sionil Jose's Ermita: A Filipino Novel

Fast Food Fiction

Good evening booklovers!

Hope you guys have made the most of the Powerbooks sale :)

Fyi, Books for Less also has an ongoing sale - 25% discount on all books :) yun nga lang, only cardholders can avail

Keep on reading :cool:

hey there malachi. :)

hanggang kelan ang sale sa books for less? :rolleyes: