Why I love MTC

BizMan

Why do I love MTC?

Communities give us a sense of belonging – every human wants to be a part of something, to feel known, heard, seen. Community provides that space where people get to know each other. Sometimes all it takes is a smile or a simple hello while waiting in a queue. When we feel comfortable in a place, amongst people or at an event, this is when we feel like we belong and this what community creates.

Communities provide support – community is a space where people come together and support each other. Beautiful really! Community can really transform the identity of someone who may have felt lost, to feeling like they are not an outsider. One feels like they belong, they are supported. This to me is the importance of community and the biggest reason why we form communities so quickly. So to quote author Jean Vanier, “Community is a sign that love is possible in a materialistic world where people so often either ignore or fight each other. It is a sign that we don’t need a lot of money to be happy–in fact, the opposite.” Let us remember this as we live in community.