Computers: Frequently Asked Questions

the best way is kaibiganin mo ung administrator nyo....

pag chums na kayo pwede mo na sya hingan ng special privileges to access FB

take extra precaution in using anonymous proxy malalalaman din

yan ng admin nyo baka me tamaan ka pang company policy regarding the use of it (just my two cents)

Nakablock kasi facebook sa office namin. May paraan bang makakagamit kami ng facebook na hindi malalaman ng management?

TIA.

• 1 month later...

For me personally, a windows-based laptop, but running on Ubuntu.

But if you are not familiar with Ubuntu, a more value for money is on Macbook. Why?

• slim chance of slowdowns in the future.
  • safer in terms of malware and viruses

The only hitch that you will be getting if you would be using a non-windows PC are:

• familiarity
  • limited software options (specially for Mac, sa Ubuntu, madaming options).

False. Normal wear and tear ng any electronic items will cause slow downs.

"Medyo" less ang malwares but it's there.

And for the "limited" available softwares, you can install and use parallels kung wala talaga kayo mahanap na equivalent sa OSX.

Edited by praetorius

Any recos on the best antivirus software? Yung Hindi cpu-intensive sana, pang gaming PC.

imho, all locally based AVs are RAM, not CPU intensive for they have to guard your PC everytime it is open. so nagbabasa yan ng virus DB, tapos may tumatakbong program sa background.

the best for me is Kaspersky. Its not as RAM extensive as Avast.

but if you need something light, you can use Panda Cloud Anti Virus.

Link here.

Can someone teach me how re-install IDM (Internet Download Manager) meron akong crack file pati yung serial no. try many times pero kpag na install na may mssge na lumalabas...

Uninstall IDM, go offline, reinstall IDM then follow the instructions on your readme and insert the crack file with serial. Once you've cracked it, then it should work properly.

What version are you on?

Any recos on the best antivirus software? Yung Hindi cpu-intensive sana, pang gaming PC.

There is no "best" antivirus software. The choice depends on your system - if you have enough RAM (around 4GB) then go for Avast in combination with Malwarebytes.

That's what I use for my gaming rig. You are free to try other recommendations though.

"The server replies that you don't have permission to download this file"

Details: HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden

yan yung message nya lumalabas after mainstall at start ka na mag download...

Server side na error, walang kinalaman ang IDM.

make sure na talagang allowed ka i-download ang file na yan.

At minsan, di rin allowed ng host/server ang multiple connection attempts (gaya ng ginagawa ng IDM) at pwede ka nya i disconnect pag na detect na may downloader ka ginagamit.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using Avira anti-virus for several years now and since then, it has been bugging me to install updates during startup. Should I do so? Or switch to Avast just like most of you guys have mentioned?

Avira does its update manually.

Yes, switch to avast. Updates are done automatically.

• 2 weeks later...