Motorcycles and Scooters

Guest Leviticus
Until they change our laws that pertain to traffic liability, a helmet law must be enforced to protect the other road users from the cretins who insist on not using one because on the off chance that you hit one such idiot and he dies because his head makes friends with the pavement, you are still liable even if the impact of the accident would not even have caused injuries beyond a few scratches.

Dito kasi sa bayan na ito, pag ang sasakyan na may apat na gulong tumama sa sasakyan na dalwang gulong, ang immediate perception ay yun naka apat na gulong ang may pananagutan (hindi kasalanan ha, pananagutan). Last week meron akong tinamaan na naka XRM dahil habang lumiliko ako ng kanan, biglang sinubukan akong unahan sa kanan did. Dinaybanan ako sa kanto ng ugok akala niya pag-umobertake ka sa H2 pareho sa pag overtake sa kapwa motorsiklo.

Tapos hihingan pa ako ng pang X-ray at ng kung ano ano. Sa bwisit ko sabi ko sa kanya mag demanda na lang siya. Pina demanda ko na rin mg damage to property. Nakakaawa sana pero pagpinagbigyan hindi magtatanda eh. Hindi pa naka helmet. Swerte niya puro putik na malambot yun hukay na nahulugan niya kung hindi mapipirmi siya sa hukay.

this is something I would like to dub as "tribu" mentality :thumbsdownsmiley: regardless of whose fault it is as long as you are perceived as better off [for any reason: mentally, physically, financially] you are obligated to "volunteer help."

I've got loads of experiences with those who perceive we were better off from them: padyak, tricycle, jeepney. hay.. I believe the laws are in place but kulang na kulang ang police visibility and enforcement.

It is my opinion that our government is coming up with stupid laws such as the helmet laws, stickers on our helmets, asking the motorcycle manufacturers to make provisions for a second plate, the stupid AO-15 which was recently suspended, raincoat law, and tsinelas law; precisely because of incompetent law enforcement.

all in the guise of "its for your safety".

Until they change our laws that pertain to traffic liability, a helmet law must be enforced to protect the other road users from the cretins who insist on not using one because on the off chance that you hit one such idiot and he dies because his head makes friends with the pavement, you are still liable even if the impact of the accident would not even have caused injuries beyond a few scratches.

Dito kasi sa bayan na ito, pag ang sasakyan na may apat na gulong tumama sa sasakyan na dalwang gulong, ang immediate perception ay yun naka apat na gulong ang may pananagutan (hindi kasalanan ha, pananagutan). Last week meron akong tinamaan na naka XRM dahil habang lumiliko ako ng kanan, biglang sinubukan akong unahan sa kanan did. Dinaybanan ako sa kanto ng ugok akala niya pag-umobertake ka sa H2 pareho sa pag overtake sa kapwa motorsiklo.

Tapos hihingan pa ako ng pang X-ray at ng kung ano ano. Sa bwisit ko sabi ko sa kanya mag demanda na lang siya. Pina demanda ko na rin mg damage to property. Nakakaawa sana pero pagpinagbigyan hindi magtatanda eh. Hindi pa naka helmet. Swerte niya puro putik na malambot yun hukay na nahulugan niya kung hindi mapipirmi siya sa hukay.

with this story of boom i remember what happened to me 10 yrs ago,it was my first sports bike a cbr 400rr. I park it in front of a dunkin donuts in meycauan, bulacan then went inside to talk to someone,as we are talking and having some coffee a boy around 7yrs old is running and bump it so hard that the bike fell off him. Takbuhan ang mga tao sa paligid at tinulungan ang bata cyempre ako nmn as the owner of the bike lumabas ako at tiningnan kung ano damage ng motor ko. To my surprise ako pa ang pinagdadala nung bata sa hosp para ipatsek kasi napaso cya ng exhaust pipe. I disagree to the pipz around and tell them n nsa loob ako ng dunkin kya wala akong fault. Few minutes after may dumating na pulis to check the comotion. To top it all up we ended in i sending the kid to the hosp and paying all the check ups and meds kasi sabi nun pulis baka daw mapahamak ako kung dko gawin yun kasi tga squatter daw yun bata at next block lang ang squatter area.(gagong pulis yun alam na wala ako kasalanan e tinulak pko na magbayad instead na iclear ako sa pangyayari)

thats why i really hate cops in the Phil,basta nakita ka na well off tingin nila sayo walking ninoy na e kahit wala kang fault

with this story of boom i remember what happened to me 10 yrs ago,it was my first sports bike a cbr 400rr. I park it in front of a dunkin donuts in meycauan, bulacan then went inside to talk to someone,as we are talking and having some coffee a boy around 7yrs old is running and bump it so hard that the bike fell off him. Takbuhan ang mga tao sa paligid at tinulungan ang bata cyempre ako nmn as the owner of the bike lumabas ako at tiningnan kung ano damage ng motor ko. To my surprise ako pa ang pinagdadala nung bata sa hosp para ipatsek kasi napaso cya ng exhaust pipe. I disagree to the pipz around and tell them n nsa loob ako ng dunkin kya wala akong fault. Few minutes after may dumating na pulis to check the comotion. To top it all up we ended in i sending the kid to the hosp and paying all the check ups and meds kasi sabi nun pulis baka daw mapahamak ako kung dko gawin yun kasi tga squatter daw yun bata at next block lang ang squatter area.(gagong pulis yun alam na wala ako kasalanan e tinulak pko na magbayad instead na iclear ako sa pangyayari)

thats why i really hate cops in the Phil,basta nakita ka na well off tingin nila sayo walking ninoy na e kahit wala kang fault

When you're on a bike, it helps to carry a load of JHPs, an SMG is even better. Just kidding, guys. But yeah, it's a fact of life, bikers have to put up with a lot of sh_t.

Guest Leviticus

lecheng crowd control. kung sa bagay.. ginawa kang scapegoat ng pulis because if they don't side with the squatters, SILA ang bugbog sarado. ayan.. tribu mentality. it's us against them :thumbsdownsmiley: ang hirap ng ganyan na mentality

this is something I would like to dub as "tribu" mentality :thumbsdownsmiley: regardless of whose fault it is as long as you are perceived as better off [for any reason: mentally, physically, financially] you are obligated to "volunteer help."

I've got loads of experiences with those who perceive we were better off from them: padyak, tricycle, jeepney. hay.. I believe the laws are in place but kulang na kulang ang police visibility and enforcement.

It is my opinion that our government is coming up with stupid laws such as the helmet laws, stickers on our helmets, asking the motorcycle manufacturers to make provisions for a second plate, the stupid AO-15 which was recently suspended, raincoat law, and tsinelas law; precisely because of incompetent law enforcement.

all in the guise of "its for your safety".

To restore/maintain sanity on our roads, enforcement is only one component and it cannot be the only component. You need the three 'E's working together:

1. Enforcement - Authorities must be on the ball
  2. Education - Road users must understand and know the law and have enough common sense to follow it with or without enforcement
  3. Engineering - Facilities must not make it difficult to be law abiding and must not make it easy to be a law breaker (ex.: Sensibly located pedestrian overpasses; constantly repaired median fences--that are cut by stupid, jaywalking pedestrians, to prevent jaywalking; proper commuter terminals for jeepneys and buses)

I will not think the helmet law is stupid until I see fewer motorcycle riders who are less so. For as long as there are people stupid enough to ride unprotected, ride with their entire family, and drive with abandon, they deserve these so-called stupid laws. I follow it and it doesn't bother me. If you can't afford a helmet, don't ride. The price of a helmet should be always part of the cost of owning a bike. Anyone who doesn't undertand this, deserves this 'stupid' law. The ones that do won't really be bothered.

Guest lightspeed®

here's another good reason why we need to revise traffic laws

Three people under the influence of liquor died Sunday after their motorcycle crashed into a van in Barangay Bubukal in Sta. Cruz, Laguna.

The accident happened around 2 a.m. when the motorcycle crashed into a Mitsubishi L-300 van. Police said that the motorcycle switched lanes and collided with the van that was coming from the opposite lane.

Motorcycle driver Alvin Chan and female passengers Arlene Cjumo and Remedios Ricafrente died on the spot while van driver Albert Miano suffered minor injuries.

Friends of the victims admitted that the three were drunk at the time of the accident.

Police said reckless imprudence resulting to multiple homicide and damage to property charges are being prepared against Miano.

3 irresponsible teenagers caused the accident, and the innocent Van driver gets the blame. :thumbsdownsmiley:

they (the lawmakers) really have to do something about this stupid law.

here's another good reason why we need to revise traffic laws

3 irresponsible teenagers caused the accident, and the innocent Van driver gets the blame. :thumbsdownsmiley:

they (the lawmakers) really have to do something about this stupid law.

Not only must the law that be changed, the understanding of its construction must also be properly ingrained into the brains of law enforcers and investigators.

The van driver will go to trial and he may well be acquitted probably as early as at the inquest level. That's almost a given. But the stupid police investigators will say that they only investigate and do not judge a traffic case especially when deaths are involved. What they do is to play safe, ensure that no blame can be placed on them, and so they still file the criminal information with the prosecutor's office. Even if they know that they will be wasting everyone's time from those involved all the way to the court personnel, this is standard procedure for them. They will say that it is the court that must make a determination of whether the oncoming van driver did actually see the motorcycle and yet FAILED to take the last chance to avoid them. If that can be proven, then it is reckless imprudence. Then the judge will have to take into account certain mitigating events such as the fact the the victims were on an overloaded motorcycle, probably speeding, and the driver was drunk.

In another country, the van driver and owner can well sue the family of the victim.

It is dead bozos like this that cause government to come up with those so-called 'stupid' regulations.

Not only must the law that be changed, the understanding of its construction must also be properly ingrained into the brains of law enforcers and investigators.

The van driver will go to trial and he may well be acquitted probably as early as at the inquest level. That's almost a given. But the stupid police investigators will say that they only investigate and do not judge a traffic case especially when deaths are involved. What they do is to play safe, ensure that no blame can be placed on them, and so they still file the criminal information with the prosecutor's office. Even if they know that they will be wasting everyone's time from those involved all the way to the court personnel, this is standard procedure for them. They will say that it is the court that must make a determination of whether the oncoming van driver did actually see the motorcycle and yet FAILED to take the last chance to avoid them. If that can be proven, then it is reckless imprudence. Then the judge will have to take into account certain mitigating events such as the fact the the victims were on an overloaded motorcycle, probably speeding, and the driver was drunk.

In another country, the van driver and owner can well sue the family of the victim.

It is dead bozos like this that cause government to come up with those so-called 'stupid' regulations.

bulok talaga pilipinas.. bakit ganun?pag may accident involving a car/motorcycle and pedestrians.. laging may fault ang drivers? hindi man lang nila naicip na hindi sa lahat ng pagkakataon pwedeng umiwas ang drivers sa accident.. kala nila ang dali dali mag preno.. db? lalo na pag nagmomotor, ang hirap prumeno ng biglaan..db? parang tayong mga drivers ang lageng nadidiin kht malinaw na fault ng pedestrians.pero tayo ang lumalabas na masama..parang wala tayong protection kapag nakasagasa tayo ng mga pedestrian.. its so UNFAIR!!! bulok na nga system, bulok pa din ung mga taong nagpapatakbo. ano ba to..kaya kung papapiliin ako, ayaw ko na maging pinoy..kaya, hindi nakakapagtakang ginagawa tayong katatawanan ng ibang bansa. lage tayong minamaliit.

tapos isa pang nakaka inis, ung mga pedicabs na nasa main roads.. dapat higpitan nila, kasi may batas na bawal un sa mga main roads.

para di ot, ok ba ung mga nagrerepair ng motor sa may dela rosa? di ko lang tanda st name, pero kaparallel siya ng dela rosa.. eurie ata...tnx

question lang po?

Is there a Harley-Davidson store in the Philippines?

Manila? Where?

Cebu?

Thanks.

There are no HD dealers in the Philippines. There is a shop in Malugay near South Superhighway among the car shops called Rad Kustom that has a mechanic who was HD-certified. He worked in an HD dealer in the U.S. They also have previously owned HDs for sale. The closest HD dealer is in Hong Kong, their prices tend to be steep. Hope you find this helpful.

Guest lightspeed®
question lang po?

Is there a Harley-Davidson store in the Philippines?

Manila? Where?

Cebu?

Thanks.

hey there! long time no post. :) kamusta ka na "M" :P anyway, i know a few who are selling harley's here in the philippines. kung brand new naman, medyo mahirap yan. if ever meron, sigurado mahal. well, hindi naman ganon kamahal, knowing ang price range ng harley, eh expected na yun.

Guest Leviticus

hehe.. i had a few extra hours to k*ll the other day so bisita ako ng showroom ng motor. nakita ko eto:

post-72133-1223962951.jpg

ang cute! Yamaha Mio Fino.

mamaya maghahanap ako ng specs nya. work muna :P

Hi Guys!

Are there a lot of bikers here in MTC? My ride is a kwak zxr400 and i live in Alabang. Was thinking maybe if there are riders in the area so we can meet up. regularly ...maybe in places such as starbucks along Madrigal? or Petron along commerce? Or Westgate? And maybe some of us can bring some MTC female backriders? hehe

Or maybe set up a ridesometime? Or organize an event such as MTC Bikers and Rider Babes. What you think guys?

Hope to hear from you guys......soon!

Safe Ride...Safe sex. Wear both helmets!

Guest lightspeed®
Hi Guys!

Are there a lot of bikers here in MTC? My ride is a kwak zxr400 and i live in Alabang. Was thinking maybe if there are riders in the area so we can meet up. regularly ...maybe in places such as starbucks along Madrigal? or Petron along commerce? Or Westgate? And maybe some of us can bring some MTC female backriders? hehe

Or maybe set up a ridesometime? Or organize an event such as MTC Bikers and Rider Babes. What you think guys?

Hope to hear from you guys......soon!

Safe Ride...Safe sex. Wear both helmets!

dude, pm me your mobile no. text kita pag meron ride. kanina nagbyahe kami ng tagaytay then nasugbu then back via calaca. that's a good 250kms. i'm also from the south btw. my ride is a CB400 post-907-1224078654.gif

paranaque - carmona - tagaytay - nasugbu - lian - calaca - balayan - lemery - tagaytay - carmona - paranaque (via SLEX)

post-907-1224135412.jpg

To restore/maintain sanity on our roads, enforcement is only one component and it cannot be the only component. You need the three 'E's working together:

1. Enforcement - Authorities must be on the ball
  2. Education - Road users must understand and know the law and have enough common sense to follow it with or without enforcement
  3. Engineering - Facilities must not make it difficult to be law abiding and must not make it easy to be a law breaker (ex.: Sensibly located pedestrian overpasses; constantly repaired median fences--that are cut by stupid, jaywalking pedestrians, to prevent jaywalking; proper commuter terminals for jeepneys and buses)

I will not think the helmet law is stupid until I see fewer motorcycle riders who are less so. For as long as there are people stupid enough to ride unprotected, ride with their entire family, and drive with abandon, they deserve these so-called stupid laws. I follow it and it doesn't bother me. If you can't afford a helmet, don't ride. The price of a helmet should be always part of the cost of owning a bike. Anyone who doesn't undertand this, deserves this 'stupid' law. The ones that do won't really be bothered.

i agree with boomouse

bulok talaga pilipinas.. bakit ganun?pag may accident involving a car/motorcycle and pedestrians.. laging may fault ang drivers? hindi man lang nila naicip na hindi sa lahat ng pagkakataon pwedeng umiwas ang drivers sa accident.. kala nila ang dali dali mag preno.. db? lalo na pag nagmomotor, ang hirap prumeno ng biglaan..db? parang tayong mga drivers ang lageng nadidiin kht malinaw na fault ng pedestrians.pero tayo ang lumalabas na masama..parang wala tayong protection kapag nakasagasa tayo ng mga pedestrian.. its so UNFAIR!!! bulok na nga system, bulok pa din ung mga taong nagpapatakbo. ano ba to..kaya kung papapiliin ako, ayaw ko na maging pinoy..kaya, hindi nakakapagtakang ginagawa tayong katatawanan ng ibang bansa. lage tayong minamaliit.

tapos isa pang nakaka inis, ung mga pedicabs na nasa main roads.. dapat higpitan nila, kasi may batas na bawal un sa mga main roads.

para di ot, ok ba ung mga nagrerepair ng motor sa may dela rosa? di ko lang tanda st name, pero kaparallel siya ng dela rosa.. eurie ata...tnx

bulok talaga pilipinas.. = medyo

pag may accident involving a car/motorcycle and pedestrians.. = DRIVERS LIKE US must think fast

hindi man lang nila naicip na hindi sa lahat ng pagkakataon pwedeng umiwas ang drivers sa accident.. = DRIVE SAFELY and DRIVERS LIKE US must think fast

kala nila ang dali dali mag preno..lalo na pag nagmomotor, ang hirap prumeno ng biglaan..db? = techniques and special skills can do

parang tayong mga drivers ang lageng nadidiin kht malinaw na fault ng pedestrians.pero tayo ang lumalabas na masama..parang wala tayong protection kapag nakasagasa tayo ng mga pedestrian.. = all vehicles are made to be running fast than human can do. DRIVE SAFELY and DRIVERS LIKE US must think fast techniques and special skills can do.

kaya kung papapiliin ako, ayaw ko na maging pinoy..kaya, hindi nakakapagtakang ginagawa tayong katatawanan ng ibang bansa. lage tayong minamaliit. = LOOK WHO'S TALKING

:hypocritesmiley:

they were pointing a gun at me while typing this one :mtc:

dude, pm me your mobile no. text kita pag meron ride. kanina nagbyahe kami ng tagaytay then nasugbu then back via calaca. that's a good 250kms. i'm also from the south btw. my ride is a CB400 post-907-1224078654.gif

paranaque - carmona - tagaytay - nasugbu - lian - calaca - balayan - lemery - tagaytay - carmona - paranaque (via SLEX)

Thats a perfect ride for me...as I am not an iron butt rider. I enjoy south rides. Cge, Id appreciate it ...so I get a chance to meet more riders....and backriders haha....0917XXXXXXX.

Hindi lang ako pwede pag Sunday....my kids will k*ll me...

my ride. zxr400 ninja

hope to hear from you. soon

Edited by IQ Zero
No posting of numbers please
sir/mam ask lang po. how much when you bought your HD? ride safe po. :)

No. I didn't buy it yet. Just did a test drive. Asking price for the brand new V-Rod is P1.5m which given the uncertain times, is too much to spend on something that fill find use for only a few times a month for me. But still, dreams are free.

Guest lightspeed®
^^hehe.. sinabi mo pa. Last week I came accross a ducatti 1000 cc bike. asking price was 1.0 million

levi, nakabili ka na ba ng bagong bike mo? meron ako nakita sa net "belletza" replica ng CBR 900

pero 200cc lang siya but water cooled engine. if im not mistaken, they're selling the 200cc for 85k tapos yung 125cc 75k. pero to be sure, i-google mo na din.

here are some sample pics

post-907-1224307708.jpg

post-907-1224307840.jpg

post-907-1224307851.jpg

post-907-1224307858.jpg

levi, nakabili ka na ba ng bagong bike mo? meron ako nakita sa net "belletza" replica ng CBR 900

pero 200cc lang siya but water cooled engine. if im not mistaken, they're selling the 200cc for 85k tapos yung 125cc 75k. pero to be sure, i-google mo na din.

here are some sample pics

Hi . Its a chinese bike. Nice porma. But I was told that if you're 5,7 and above, the bike looks small already. For me, its by far, the best designed (porma) chinese bike available here in the Philippines. Then comes the Z200. I was able to drive both. Okay naman.