Motorcycles and Scooters

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Guys ano Mas ok Suzuki thunder 125 or Kawasaki rouser 135? Newbie here... Need recommendation guys. Thank!

Mas Maporma ang Rouser 135 kaya lang mahirap ang parts. Sirain din yung clutch lining nya.

Thunder, readily available ang parts coz yung engine nya, same as Suuzuki GS125 & GS150-Mola.

• 2 weeks later...

Late reply to your post.

My first on-road two-wheel motorized experience was on a Piaggio Hexagon; a clutch less scooter. Though this was my "first ride", I would think I learned more about motorcycles and riding with my Honda CB400 Super 4.

Between both bikes, the Piaggio offered more wind and body protection and was supposed to be easier as it was clutchless. However, it also had weaker lights, weaker brakes, smaller tires (which means less road-surface traction) smaller shock absorbers which translate to poorer shock absorption damping. It's acceleration was also slower, and on the road and with a motorcycle, one of the mind-sets to avoid a potential accident from happening is to accelerate harder to avoid contact.

If your body can handle the weight and budget is not an issue, find a decent Honda CB400 Super 4. It will only hurt you by about Php 120K on average. The beauty of that is after learning from it, you'll still pass it off at the same price, unlike many other bikes that you purchase brand new but immediately lose value once ridden.

• It's 400cc so you can enter the expressway
  • It can bring you more than 200km before the next fuel stop; need I say its economical .. can run 20km to a liter
  • It has dual calliper brakes in front so it stops confidently
  • It's rear brake is a single piston and has enough bite for 1st gear slow traffic crawls
  • It's only weakness is the rectifier and for oil seals which are easy to replace
  • It's bulky enough to make car drivers move to the side thinking you are part of the LTO flying squad
  • It has enough aftermarket accessories just in case you want to bling it up
  • And there is no shame riding one as most big bike riders have had their moment with a Super 4

BTW, I'm not a motorcycle dealer and I'm also not recommending that you purchase a bnew unit.

Enjoy your journey in motorcycle riding, and btw, never without a helmet, gloves, and an armored jacket

Thanks.

Re: Landing gear for motorcycle

Has anyone seen this kind of gadget? It looks useful in our stop and go traffic.

Thanks again for your attention.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi I ride a Vespa LX150ie Scoot :) Took it to La-Union - Ilocos - Sagada (via bessang pass/Cervantes road) Sagada - Banaue - Baguio (via Halsema highway)

One of the best things i have ever done in my life. :D

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww199/streetrocket/1476015_10152605415638367_340893742865024056_n.jpg

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww199/streetrocket/9475_10152607051168367_2526565584786272014_n.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...