Motorcycles and Scooters

kwento lang ako ng nakakainis na pagmaneho ko kanina.

This afternoon I was on my way to the office. I was in a car because of the rainy/stormy weather. sa may highway ang daan ko para mabilis since I want to go home early. saglit lang naman ang aasikasuhin ko sa office.

anyway, back to driving. there is this long stretch of highway with asphalted shoulders on either side. may tricycle sa harap ko going maybe around 35-40 kph, wala kaming kasalubong na sasakyan (virtually walang sasakyan ang highway because of the stormy weather). naturally I overtook the tricycle. ugali ko rin ang mag-signal light kapag magoovertake ako. force of habit na lang or oc-oc ko na rin. safety eh.

oo nga pala, before that; as I mentioned may tricycle sa harap ko but at the same time may nakasingle na motor sa likod ko. I know because I glanced at my rear view mirror and then before I overtake I always make sure to glance at my left mirror to make sure that my left side is clear.

anak ng tokwa.. so there I was I overtook the tricycle. as I was easing the car back to my lane bigla na lang nakita kong KATABI KO NA PALA YUNG SINGLE NA MOTOR! katabi ko sa right side ko! muntik ko na mabanga, may back ride pa siya.

pambihira. inovertake ng gagong nakasingle yung tricycle sa shoulder kaya ayun, sabay kami na bumalik sa tamang lane. also, balak pa yata nya iovertake ako sa kanan ko before I return to my lane, habang nasa gitna ako ng lane! hayop talaga na rider.

kaya ayun, no choice. I can't slow down to let him pass because may tricycle sa likod ko na kakaovertake ko pa lang. I cant even turn to my left again because the roads are wet, baka magskid ako. tapak na lang ng gas and accelerate pass the rider. pati siya inovertake ko. ang masahol pa dyan ay pilit pa ng rider na iovertake ako sa kanan ko. nung nakalahati ko na siya ay pinilit ko na ang sasakyan kong bumalik ng lane ng maayos, forcing the assh0le back to the shoulder. ayaw magmenor ng loko.

hay.. don't get me wrong. rider rin ako. however, it's guys like him who gives riders like me a bad image.

That's the sort of idiot that ends up in the ER/punerarya through his own stupidity. Maybe, as riders, we should make more of an effort to advocate rider education and rider safety awareness. I met a surgeon at UP-PGH once who said he'd be glad to help with rider safety awareness from seeing all the ER cases involving riders (e.g., no helmets, drunk, etc.).

Wonder if we can do it as a grassroots movement.

was hoping that someone here like jhp or leviathan could help me. can someone recommend a shop where i can bring my old 50cc honda mini-trail and have it restored? havn't used it in decades. but i think it's time to introduce it to my son and let him discover the joys i experienced with it when i was a kid. thanks.

Edited by kanski

Hi guys,

I have a Bigboy Sinski scooter medyo napabayaan yung bodypaint and merong mga sira sa flairings dahil sa mga semplang. Can anyone here recommend a shop that would do minor body repairs and repainting? Sa vicinity ng Paranaque sana mga bossing lang.

Thanks in advance and ride safe guys.

Guest Dennis®
Hi guys,

I have a Bigboy Sinski scooter medyo napabayaan yung bodypaint and merong mga sira sa flairings dahil sa mga semplang. Can anyone here recommend a shop that would do minor body repairs and repainting? Sa vicinity ng Paranaque sana mga bossing lang.

Thanks in advance and ride safe guys.

send me your contact number. i think i know one in paranaque

• 2 weeks later...
<_< <_< <_< ROssi's the best

Hi....Allow me to say my piece.

I think Rossi will easily be the champ again. His skills plus the power of the yamahas is the best combo. Notice how he and lorenzo leaves the pack behind...beit pedrosa or stoner....after he overtakesthem and take the lead....and notice how close he is to the guy in front of him. meaning, power of his yamaha is really at its peak.

lorenzo is good, but gets pressured if rossi is at the back. he is better as a driver being next to rossi, than him leading.

I wanted to see ducati and stoner in top 3, but his duc got a lot of torque than speed.

kawasaki? i doubt it.....but i used to own a big ZXR.

just me and my opinion......sometimes not a good mix...

big bike riders here anyone? Tambay night tomorrow wednesday at jollibee shell j.vargas corner c5..

another tambay will be on friday shell select (after Jetti gas station) macapagal Pasay city..

tambay @ 9pm onwards..

-to anyone who is willing to go.. don't be shy to approach anyone in the tambay area.. just tell them "YAMAHABOI" invited you and your a manilatonight.com user.. ride safe to all.. :thumbsupsmiley:

or just PM me for more details.. boys ang girls who have Big bikes are welcome..

Edited by caliente13

hey, napansin nyo ba ang gasolina na unleaded lately? may halong alcohol na siya.

I'm here at the provinces. lately lang nadagdagan ng alcohol ang unleaded. The last time I went up to baguio I filled up at Caltex sison. Usually 150 ang kinakarga ko, up and down na yun.

siguro dahil na rin sa mahal ng gasolina (46.21 dito sa amin) ay naubos agad ang kinarga ko! usually back and forth ang 150 na karga pero this time ay one way na lang. at saka parang kulang/bitin ang pag-accelerate ko lalo na sa high revs required when going up mountains.

pansin ko lang. would like to confirm with others. sa sobrang inis ko ay drain ko agad ang tangke ko (about half a liter left.. see, ang bilis maubos) and put in petron blaze, which according to the gasoline boy does not contain alcohol.

ano ba yan.. unleaded is cheaper by a peso compared to premium but kung mabilis rin lang maubos then dun na lang ako sa premium na walang alcohol. is this a conspiracy by "them"? <_<

hey, napansin nyo ba ang gasolina na unleaded lately? may halong alcohol na siya.

I'm here at the provinces. lately lang nadagdagan ng alcohol ang unleaded. The last time I went up to baguio I filled up at Caltex sison. Usually 150 ang kinakarga ko, up and down na yun.

siguro dahil na rin sa mahal ng gasolina (46.21 dito sa amin) ay naubos agad ang kinarga ko! usually back and forth ang 150 na karga pero this time ay one way na lang. at saka parang kulang/bitin ang pag-accelerate ko lalo na sa high revs required when going up mountains.

pansin ko lang. would like to confirm with others. sa sobrang inis ko ay drain ko agad ang tangke ko (about half a liter left.. see, ang bilis maubos) and put in petron blaze, which according to the gasoline boy does not contain alcohol.

ano ba yan.. unleaded is cheaper by a peso compared to premium but kung mabilis rin lang maubos then dun na lang ako sa premium na walang alcohol. is this a conspiracy by "them"? <_<

i'd say do not compare it in the amount you put in but on the quantity, because of the varying prices of gasoline you wont get the same quantity you loaded up today to the quantity you will load up next week i.e. a 150 today will give you a pull tank today but probably by next week you'll only get 3/4 thus the shorter mileage

i'd say do not compare it in the amount you put in but on the quantity, because of the varying prices of gasoline you wont get the same quantity you loaded up today to the quantity you will load up next week i.e. a 150 today will give you a pull tank today but probably by next week you'll only get 3/4 thus the shorter mileage

kaw naman.. binabantayan ko rin ang liters na pumapasok sa tangke ko. 3 liters can get me to baguio and back to sison gas station. this time around hindi umabot ang 3 liters ko.

kahit na 47 per liter ang unleaded ang makakarga sa tangke ay 3 liters pa rin di ba, may extra pa. kaso hind na umabot eh so I'd say avoid the bioethanol fuel.

kala ko ako lang nakapansin nun. parang i cover less km/liter the several times i tried ethanol. the same observation if unleaded versus vpower.

not sure though kung mas malakas ang konsumo pag ethanol or unleaded ang gamit.

maybe people from shell or caltex in the forum can confirm.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dennis®
big bike riders here anyone? Tambay night tomorrow wednesday at jollibee shell j.vargas corner c5..

another tambay will be on friday shell select (after Jetti gas station) macapagal Pasay city..

tambay @ 9pm onwards..

-to anyone who is willing to go.. don't be shy to approach anyone in the tambay area.. just tell them "YAMAHABOI" invited you and your a manilatonight.com user.. ride safe to all.. :thumbsupsmiley:

or just PM me for more details.. boys ang girls who have Big bikes are welcome..

are you a member of CB Riders?

hi sir,

its a good thing to be with a group, the beauty of being free is much fun when being enjoyed with somebody, and for safety rin. you have people that wont leave you behind.

for your paint try searching for jake custom bikes. fair sila mag presyo. and sa helmet and tires i suggest na wag ka kuha mura kasi both of them are essentials. wag lang sana magtipid sa safety, metz is very known to worn out fast pero good siya sa wet roads. depende sa series pirelli sports demon mahaba buhay as well as dunlop. helmet kung medyo low sa budget zeus is good may cheaper series din ang hjc.

• 2 weeks later...