Motorcycles and Scooters

Guest Dennis®
Nice Bike! na miss ko tuloy Harwana ko... huhuhu :cry: :(

susme, eh di get another harwana. :P

pssst, lumala yung knocking sound. <_< i sent the bike to the shop last night.

ok na ba yung S4? pwede ka na sumama sa ride? meron sa Feb. mindoro naman. sasama ka ba?

Guest Leviticus

with the newly opened highway from tarlac to subic, my dad informed me that it would only take 45 minutes to an hour for a car to reach subic from pangasinan.

question lang.. allowed ba ang sub-400 to travel the new subic highway?

Edited by Leviticus
Guest Leviticus
no sir, like all the other tollways, you have to be 400cc and up to run the subic-clark-tarlac expressway.

yuck. there goes the tourism of subic for those who want to traverse the expressway via sub-400

Guest Leviticus

I've looked at the net but can't seem to find any..

guys, where can I look up/buy a big bike yung mga 400cc na? sa mga honda, suzuki, kawasaki, and yamaha sites ang pinakamataas na displacement na nakita ko ay 175cc.

majority naman ng nakikita sa net ay 2nd hand, eh ayaw ko segunda mano since worthless ang warranty (personal warranty?). as much as possible through a dealer sana.

la lang.. para meron akong idea how much ang iipunin for a big bike

Guest Dennis®
I've looked at the net but can't seem to find any..

guys, where can I look up/buy a big bike yung mga 400cc na? sa mga honda, suzuki, kawasaki, and yamaha sites ang pinakamataas na displacement na nakita ko ay 175cc.

majority naman ng nakikita sa net ay 2nd hand, eh ayaw ko segunda mano since worthless ang warranty (personal warranty?). as much as possible through a dealer sana.

la lang.. para meron akong idea how much ang iipunin for a big bike

huwaw! big time si levi. brand new pa gusto. :P anyway, some of the bikes that you see on the road are usually bought 2nd hand. mga slightly used mga yan. bihira ang nagpapadala dito ng brand new. although meron naman. it differs in price range (depends on the make) but to give you an idea, a brand new R1 would likely be at the price range of P650k to P700k. pero double check mo na din. try mo tumingin sa www.motorcyclephilippines.com minsan kasi meron mga naka list na mga brand new duon

Guest Leviticus

ganun? hmm.. maybe a 4-year plan saka ko makuha ang price na yun :P but pagiipunan ko. sawa na kasi ako with the sub400 ban. I mean, I want to tour/travel to subic or manila and beyond on a bike (ewan ko lang ha.. masappreciate ko ang byahe kung nakamotor kaysa sa nakakotse).

It's like.. nakabyahe na ako ng ilocos region, nueva ecija, baguio, la union, etc on my scooter but pagdating sa mga expressways bawal. there's something wrong with our laws or enforcement of our laws.

hehe.. oo nga pala.. don't want to get into a debate regarding the sub-400. basta it's a law based on stupidity.

ganun? hmm.. maybe a 4-year plan saka ko makuha ang price na yun :P but pagiipunan ko. sawa na kasi ako with the sub400 ban. I mean, I want to tour/travel to subic or manila and beyond on a bike (ewan ko lang ha.. masappreciate ko ang byahe kung nakamotor kaysa sa nakakotse).

It's like.. nakabyahe na ako ng ilocos region, nueva ecija, baguio, la union, etc on my scooter but pagdating sa mga expressways bawal. there's something wrong with our laws or enforcement of our laws.

hehe.. oo nga pala.. don't want to get into a debate regarding the sub-400. basta it's a law based on stupidity.

IMHO dapat lang naman na lagyan ng ganyan klase na batas,first of all kung ibaba ang displacement na puede maka access ng expressway sa tingin ko ay lalaki din ang casualties ng motorcycle accident. First reason, madaming uneducated four wheeled driver na nasa lansangan,2nd, madaming abusadong four wheeled vehicle na nasa kalsada na hindi rumirespeto sa mga kapwa biyahero,3rd and foremost e madaming bike owners(not discriminating) that has an engine below 250cc na wala din pakialam sa mga kasama sa daan.Maybe because they can easily buy this bike without educating themselves about the do's and dont's sa kalye.

To lessen accident and reduce corruption i think it is better that we have these kind of stupid law. Atleast merestrict sila in some ways. Para naman sa ating mga nakakaunawa at may kakayahang umintindi e tayo na sana ang mag adjust para magamit naten ang ganitong klaseng lansangan(pribilehiyo) para sa ating ikagiginhawa.

And Levi regarding the 2nd hand 400c bike, i will put my bet sa 2nd hand 400cc when it comes to durability,accesability ng parts,accessories. Just be sure to check first yun bike na bibilin mo kung nasa condition at verify muna sa LTO East Ave kung legit ang papel. And a piece of advice sa mga gusto bumili ng 2nd hand if you wanted to check the condition bring a mech and let him listen kung may tunog ang timing chain,clutch at tingnan mabuti ang gas tank kung nabubulok na,yan kasi ang kadalasang sira ng mga imported 2nd hand bike

Price for 600cc bike starts at 580k to 650k(complete tax and regisration) and 1000cc bike from 720k to 1.5m

Guest Leviticus
IMHO dapat lang naman na lagyan ng ganyan klase na batas,first of all kung ibaba ang displacement na puede maka access ng expressway sa tingin ko ay lalaki din ang casualties ng motorcycle accident. First reason, madaming uneducated four wheeled driver na nasa lansangan,2nd, madaming abusadong four wheeled vehicle na nasa kalsada na hindi rumirespeto sa mga kapwa biyahero,3rd and foremost e madaming bike owners(not discriminating) that has an engine below 250cc na wala din pakialam sa mga kasama sa daan.Maybe because they can easily buy this bike without educating themselves about the do's and dont's sa kalye.

To lessen accident and reduce corruption i think it is better that we have these kind of stupid law. Atleast merestrict sila in some ways. Para naman sa ating mga nakakaunawa at may kakayahang umintindi e tayo na sana ang mag adjust para magamit naten ang ganitong klaseng lansangan(pribilehiyo) para sa ating ikagiginhawa.

And Levi regarding the 2nd hand 400c bike, i will put my bet sa 2nd hand 400cc when it comes to durability,accesability ng parts,accessories. Just be sure to check first yun bike na bibilin mo kung nasa condition at verify muna sa LTO East Ave kung legit ang papel. And a piece of advice sa mga gusto bumili ng 2nd hand if you wanted to check the condition bring a mech and let him listen kung may tunog ang timing chain,clutch at tingnan mabuti ang gas tank kung nabubulok na,yan kasi ang kadalasang sira ng mga imported 2nd hand bike

Price for 600cc bike starts at 580k to 650k(complete tax and regisration) and 1000cc bike from 720k to 1.5m

as I said, it is a law based on stupidity: stupidity on the ones who drafted it, stupidity on the ones who are implementing it, stupidity on the ones who are [impotent] to enforce it, and stupidity on the ignorant and those needing anger management.

HOWEVER.. before generalizing we need statistics. what percentage of the riding population are the pasaway? what percentage of the riding population are abusado? I'm very sure there will be a certain percentage of riders who practice road courtesy and with regard to safety of oneself and others, who follow the safety rules of the road.

for the sake of argument let's assume that 30% of riders falls in the category of pasaway and abusado. in a population of 1000, 300 are pasaway while the 700 are not. that stupid law is inconveniencing the 700 due to the bad habits of the 300; and those who are SUPPOSED to weed out the 300 are impotent to do so, even encouraging them to be influenced by corruption. just look at the joke that is the LTO! for less than a thousand pesos, an underaged drug addict who is no read-no write can obtain a professional drivers license; and you know what is the sad part about the situation I just described? no one would contradict it because it is the truth, it is general knowledge, it has happened/is happening.

regarding cagers.. sheesh. what is the maximum speed limit in nlex? I read somewhere that a bmw broke the record for fastest in nlex with a speed of about 290 [someone correct me if I'm misinformed]. i'm also confident that no one will contradict me if I say there are plenty of cagers who drive like they are on a race track. speedlimit na nga na 100 hindi sinusunod. and where are our authorities? hindi hinuhuli ang mga yan.

the sub400 is for safety? nope. let me just repeat.. it is a law based on stupidity.

for the sake of argument let's assume that 30% of riders falls in the category of pasaway and abusado. in a population of 1000, 300 are pasaway while the 700 are not. that stupid law is inconveniencing the 700 due to the bad habits of the 300; and those who are SUPPOSED to weed out the 300 are impotent to do so, even encouraging them to be influenced by corruption. just look at the joke that is the LTO! for less than a thousand pesos, an underaged drug addict who is no read-no write can obtain a professional drivers license; and you know what is the sad part about the situation I just described? no one would contradict it because it is the truth, it is general knowledge, it has happened/is happening.

regarding cagers.. sheesh. what is the maximum speed limit in nlex? I read somewhere that a bmw broke the record for fastest in nlex with a speed of about 290 [someone correct me if I'm misinformed]. i'm also confident that no one will contradict me if I say there are plenty of cagers who drive like they are on a race track. speedlimit na nga na 100 hindi sinusunod. and where are our authorities? hindi hinuhuli ang mga yan.

As ive posted madami talagang cagers ang kala mo kung sino kaya nga nalalagay sa delikado ang mga bikers. And regarding sa sinabi mo na 30% ang pasaway then i guest letting those 300 uneducated and renegade driver on the road might put the life of the 700 good and abiding citizen in danger.

Sa sitwasyon ng bansa naten na lahat e nadadaan sa lagay,mabuti na sigurong gumawa ng isang stupidong batas na sinusunod kesa naman sa isang wise and brilliant law na inaabuso naman ng iba. im not making an arument im just stating my point of view regarding sa batas na yan. well lahat naman ng batas ay meron hindi napapaboran in some other way.

Personally i'm neutral whether or not sub-400's are allowed on the expressways. But for myself, as someone who rides on the expressways regularly, i would not want to go on on any of them on a bike that does not have enough power and speed when i need it, because that juice gives you more options, as when overtaking or getting out of bad spots. The capability to ride in a controlled fashion at faster speeds than those of cagers gives you a margin of safety on the expressways, provided you know how to use it. I've been in situations riding on the expressway when i would have been in big trouble had i been on a smaller displacement bike. Anyway, to each his own.

Personally, I'd like to enjoy the use of the expressways using a sub-400 bike. That way, I can also buy a scooter aside from my big bike and use it going to work. It'll be a whole lot safer.

Logically, there's really no reason to ban sub-400 bikes in the SLEX since you can't go too fast in the SLEX anyway, It's always traffic there. And I don't think the bikes will cause any traffic since they'll stay in between the cars. It's also safer for the riders to use the expressways. Also, even if you lift the ban, I really don't think there'd be too many UB's using the SLEX, with the cost being prohibitive!

But then again, the law was written that way and there's no other choice but to implement it. However, if the UB groups can get together, they can have it amended.

Personally, I'd like to enjoy the use of the expressways using a sub-400 bike. That way, I can also buy a scooter aside from my big bike and use it going to work. It'll be a whole lot safer.

Logically, there's really no reason to ban sub-400 bikes in the SLEX since you can't go too fast in the SLEX anyway, It's always traffic there. And I don't think the bikes will cause any traffic since they'll stay in between the cars. It's also safer for the riders to use the expressways. Also, even if you lift the ban, I really don't think there'd be too many UB's using the SLEX, with the cost being prohibitive!

But then again, the law was written that way and there's no other choice but to implement it. However, if the UB groups can get together, they can have it amended.

Having done quite a bit of riding on the expressways, i have come to realize that when you are traveling at the same or slower speeds than the cages when on a bike, you are at greater risk. That's why i would rather be on a faster (bigger displacement) bike, as i have more control over my progress, i can overtake when there is an opportunity because of my bike's capabilities. What some people may not understand is that a biker is actually safer when he's traveling a bit faster than the rest of traffic, so he's not traveling with the mass of them, as long as he reads and anticipates the road ahead.

As for the speed of traffic on SLEX, wait until the construction is done. As for the (smaller) bikes not causing any traffic since they'll stay in between the cars, believe me, that's exactly where i would not want to be. But i guess riders can have different takes on what makes them safe.

Am glad to share and exchange beneficial info and insights with other riders here, that can hopefully help us become better riders, which is a never-ending process.

eto lang ang ayaw ko on a 400cc bike. isn't it true that the faster you are, the more at risk you become?

It's not just about the speed of the bike per se, more important, it's becoming familiar with its capabilities and learning how to control it at all times, not going at speeds that you are not comfortable with. Get to know it like a wife. I think you will enjoy it.

Guest Dennis®
It's not just about the speed of the bike per se, more important, it's becoming familiar with its capabilities and learning how to control it at all times, not going at speeds that you are not comfortable with. Get to know it like a wife. I think you will enjoy it.

true. kulang na lang nga tabihan mo pag matutulog ka. :P i agree with JHP.

Guest Leviticus

as long na wag sumpungin and wag magkaroon ng red days..

ang argument kasi lagi with the sub400 is the speed of the bike. the fastest that I've gotten on my sportsbike is 120 kph on a provincial highway at highnoon without any wind. siguro if the road condition was better I could have gone faster.. but takot ko lang. 90 is already heart-pounding for me.. baka kasi may biglang tumawid na hayop or bata or a pothole that I would not miss or a piece of gravel on the road.

sigh.. anyway, may mga nagpepetition naman on the legality of the sub400 ban so I leave it up to them; and they have my support.

oh, btw, there is another move [this time in congress] to pass a road safety act. it is the anti-modification regulation all over again but repackaged and renamed.

mga bwisit sa gobyerno who thought this up.. :thumbsdownsmiley:

as long na wag sumpungin and wag magkaroon ng red days..

ang argument kasi lagi with the sub400 is the speed of the bike. the fastest that I've gotten on my sportsbike is 120 kph on a provincial highway at highnoon without any wind. siguro if the road condition was better I could have gone faster.. but takot ko lang. 90 is already heart-pounding for me.. baka kasi may biglang tumawid na hayop or bata or a pothole that I would not miss or a piece of gravel on the road.

sigh.. anyway, may mga nagpepetition naman on the legality of the sub400 ban so I leave it up to them; and they have my support.

oh, btw, there is another move [this time in congress] to pass a road safety act. it is the anti-modification regulation all over again but repackaged and renamed.

mga bwisit sa gobyerno who thought this up.. :thumbsdownsmiley:

About speed on the highway, judgment and experience can only be acquired with ride time. Just try never to do anything you're not comfortable doing. Riding with a group whose riding style you're comfortable with is a good idea. Also taking riding courses and reading books on safety / technique. There's one book i think called "Twist Of The Wrist" that helped me understand a lot of things, like taking curves and turns. In time you learn to read conditions ahead of you and anticipate, it's almost like a sixth sense.

When I started riding, i went at it all wrong. My first bike was a harley and i went through a steep learning curve. For the hard-riding group that i'm part of, 120 kph is pretty normal highway speed. But i wanted to, and learned to ride with them. The sports bikers ride even way faster, but that's not for me. And there are two kinds of bikers who have never crashed: one never left home and the other is a liar. It's something you either really want to do or not. Whatever, the first thing is, learn the techniques to be as safe as possible.

About speed on the highway, judgment and experience can only be acquired with ride time. Just try never to do anything you're not comfortable doing. Riding with a group whose riding style you're comfortable with is a good idea. Also taking riding courses and reading books on safety / technique. There's one book i think called "Twist Of The Wrist" that helped me understand a lot of things, like taking curves and turns. In time you learn to read conditions ahead of you and anticipate, it's almost like a sixth sense.

When I started riding, i went at it all wrong. My first bike was a harley and i went through a steep learning curve. For the hard-riding group that i'm part of, 120 kph is pretty normal highway speed. But i wanted to, and learned to ride with them. The sports bikers ride even way faster, but that's not for me. And there are two kinds of bikers who have never crashed: one never left home and the other is a liar. It's something you either really want to do or not. Whatever, the first thing is, learn the techniques to be as safe as possible.

i agree