Motorcycles and Scooters

masters, ang cbr150 ba and r125 kahit single cylinder lang ay malakas din ba ang tunog? un bang malayo pa lang ang ganda ng pakingan ng tunog ng makina. o para lang under ang sound nito? thanks

Gusto mo malakas ang tunog? Ito malakas and tunog! 1100 cc V twin pina-open pipe ko ngayon kung tumunog daig pa ang Harley. Kaya lang nireklamo na ako sa homeowners association kasi kahit naka idle lang dinig hanggang dalawang kanto. Palagay magsasawa din ako sa tunog tapos ibabalik ko yun stock na mga pipe. In the meantime, enjoy!

Gusto mo malakas ang tunog? Ito malakas and tunog! 1100 cc V twin pina-open pipe ko ngayon kung tumunog daig pa ang Harley. Kaya lang nireklamo na ako sa homeowners association kasi kahit naka idle lang dinig hanggang dalawang kanto. Palagay magsasawa din ako sa tunog tapos ibabalik ko yun stock na mga pipe. In the meantime, enjoy!

so far, how fast have you gauge your baby?

ang lakas na nyan sir. ang gusto ko lang is nice sound and porma. like ng ducati monster 696 ang type ko.mga ganun sanang claseng bike. comfortable riding position. mga ganun sanang bike. pero japanese brand para mas practical. pero not not super strong engines. hehe. ayaw ko ng tunog harley. mas prefer ko iyong mga smooth sounds na malakas. any tips? basta ung ok sound and porma but preferably as low as possbile CC . dont want that fast .thanks.

Edited by mr. john
How good a helmet is is dependent on how well it is able to provide protection. For motorcycle helmets, there are a slew of standards used in various cuntries however, what is universally considered the norms are the US Departmentof Transportation (DOT) standards and the Snell Memorial Foundation (SMF-named after sport car racer William Snell who died in a crash after his helmet failed).

In my opinion, the gold standard for motorcycle helmet protection standards is the Snell M2005 specification. However, this is also a widely criticized as excessive that the DOT is a more pragmatic standard.

I don't know how this might sit with you but when it comes to helping ensure that my brains don't get scrambled in the off chance that I make friends with the pavement at speed, I would rather buy the extra insurance of a SNELL certified helmet.

Having said this, not all helmet models produced by a manufacturer comply with SNELL. Some are DOT only while others are both SNELL and DOT. For example, this Shoei is both:

Shoei Metallic RJ Platinum-R Cruiser Helmet

. Lightweight, Advanced Integrated Matrix Plus (AIM+) shell

. Adjustable top intake and rear exhaust vents

. A 2-layer liner allows for smooth passage of air, improving cooling

performance

. Shoei's distinctive "Open-Road" visor

. Soft and comfortable 3D liner

. Removable/washable interior

According to Shoei engineers the most expensive part of a helmet is the paint. It is important to know that a big, reputable company like Shoei is concerned about liability and its cost to a large degree. If the standard increased their liability, they wouldn't get it.

As far as I am concerned, Shoeis Have the fanciest paint jobs. I still use a Suomy Loris Capirossi replica helmet from my Monster-riding days and that is completely out of place with my current ride.

Finally, in Manila, the market is awash with lots of fake China-made helmets. I have even seen a Prada design fake selling in Concorde Car Accessories. So make sure that whatever you buy, better buy from a reputable store. The last thing you want is a magnificent-looking Shoei failing at the worst moment because you were willing to pay the bargain price being asked for it.

Oh, and one more thing, Index helmets seem to be very popular specially among underbone riders. In my opinion, you get equal protection from a contractor's hard hat.

Nice write up mate.

I have a shoei helmet which me dad gave me but I don't usually wear it because it dosen't fit the boot of me scooter. Nothing fancy really but it feels so constricting and sturdy. One might even say it can take a bullet. :P

I have this half face china helmet I wear which is actually bollocks. I just wear it for the sake of not violating a traffic law. I know it's stupid of me to do so but if you're gonna crash, you're gonna crash.

Guest Leviticus

kwento ko lang.

the other day nasa city proper ako on my scooter. I stopped at an intersection when I heard this rumbling of a motorcycle. akala ko mga 200+ cc na motor but when I looked over to my side guess what I saw..

honda dio 70 cc scooter. natawa ako sa modification ng rider. siguro tinangal nya ang pito ng tambutso and get this, exhaust ng underbone ang nakalagay sa kanyang dio.

natawa na lang ako when he passed by. ang ingay talaga ng scooter nya :upside:

i bought a zeus model803 helmet last december 2006. i got it on a sale price p2500. i tought i bought a good helmet on a good price. but sad to say the replacement lense is now out of stock. how can you use a good helmet with a BAD WORN-OUT LENSE!!!! i've only been using it for a year and a half, and now, i cant see clearly when im using it because THERES NO REPLACEMENT LENSE available anymore according to its distributor MOTOWORLD. I hope they do something about this because our safety depends on this helmets. :thumbsdownsmiley: