Motorcycles and Scooters

Guest Leviticus

day 7 of Motorstar Eagle 150 II.

had a dayoff yesterday and decided to go out to the beach. usually sakay sa kotse and then vroom! this time hindi. load ng scooter ng snacks (drinks, bread, towel, chips, and light lunch). stuff loaded into the compartment easily. decided to go to the beach (Im in pangasinan) so packed a bag. tinawag ko anak ko and packed her stuff too (anak ko 6 years old). strapped the bag at the small space behind the backrest behind the scooter. sakay anak ko as backride wearing proper corrective gear (pads, helmet, goggles, jacket, etc.. yeah, over-protective ako). maluwang pa ang space and kaya ko pa sumandal sa upuan. I can extend my legs unlike sa xrm ko (kasi kailangan ko ang legs ko for the clutch and brakes). hehe.. feeling ko nakalutang ako sa scooter dahil masyadong kumportable.

filled the tank full with gas (6.5 liters). the day was so nice (not so sunny but at the same time not so hot) so easy lang ang patakbo, around 40-50 kph lang since provincial road. usually when I drive to the beach it takes me an hour to reach by car. this time even at a leisurely pace we reached the beach at around 45 minutes. hmm.. maybe traffic wasn't that heavy or nakalusot lang kami through congested areas.

had a nice morning at the beach with my daughter. kain kaunti, pahinga sa cottage and then by 3 pm uwi na. daan nga lang sa jollibug dagupan kasi request anak ko. parada kami sa jollibee beside all the underbones (suzuki, loncin, honda, yamaha). our scooter sticks out. bihira pa kasi ang motorstar eagle. saka ko lang naisip na hindi "single" per se ang scooter na eto since masmahaba siya sa mga typical single. parang hinati ng kalahati lengthwise ang isang compact car.

pagdating sa bahay, checked the odometer. traveled a distance of 72 km round trip. hmm.. hindi pa 3/4 ang gas.

any motorcycle riders here??? wats ur ride? helmet? jacket? any recommended place?

ride : dio2 modified 65cc ( sold it na eh..) hopefully soon R6 or CBR600f4i

helmet : Suomy ( troy corser )

jacket : spidi

any motogp fans here??? u think ducati will be able to finish in the top 5??? how about kawasaki??? will ROssi be able to defend his title??? will Max Biaggi be able to steal the crown??? hmm... this year would be the year......

i still think Mick Doohan is the best.......

HI BOSS, HOW MUCH WOULD A 2002 CBR F4I COST? SECOND HAND ,IM NEW IN MOTORCYCELES. THANKS :rolleyes:

Guest Leviticus
Can anyone suggest a scooter type of motorcycle that's inexpensive and fuel efficient? ( Underbones not included and not from second class brands )

I'm currently loving my motorstar eagle-II 150 scooter. im in pangasinan and use it to go up and down baguio via marcos highway (total gas.. 200 round trip with a liter to spare). buying price was 44k.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm currently loving my motorstar eagle-II 150 scooter. im in pangasinan and use it to go up and down baguio via marcos highway (total gas.. 200 round trip with a liter to spare). buying price was 44k.

No offence sir. But I believe Motorstar is a second class brand.

Guys I was driving the other day and I saw a Honda MC with CBR markings but it's not big at all. Just about as big as a raider but it's designed like a Super 4 can anyone clarify what MC is that?

Cheers!

Guest Leviticus
No offence sir. But I believe Motorstar is a second class brand.

Guys I was driving the other day and I saw a Honda MC with CBR markings but it's not big at all. Just about as big as a raider but it's designed like a Super 4 can anyone clarify what MC is that?

Cheers!

oh well.. to each their own preference.

I was together with my brother who was on my other bike, a honda xrm 110 when we went up to baguio along marcoss highway. guess which one arrived in baguio first?

the honda xrm was like a diesel engine. kailangan ng buwelo sa akyatan unlike the motorstar eagle-II, can sustain 60-70 kph on a steep incline, especially on the very steep incline about 5 km before you enter baguio city proper (those of you who go to baguio and passed through marcoss may know this, this is the incline na hanggang second gear lang ang kambyo nyo and bitin kayo eventually when you shift it to 3rd gear). in terms of comfort rin, nakakangawit sa pwet ang xrm when you've been traveling for 2 or more hours.

kahit na second class brand, nasa gumagamit pa rin yan.

---------sorry Bro. alam k hindi n puwede kase naglabas n ng desisyon ang court n wala karapatan ang LTO OR dpwh n mag bigay ng permit sa motor kaya hindi na puwede before puwede p, ang desisyon ay 2 years ago p yata --------------

I thought that the Supreme Court had passed a judgement that neither the dpwh nor the expressway administrators had the legal right to prevent ANY motorcycle from the freeway but that they continued to illegally prevent any motorcycle under 400cc on the expressway.

Can anyone with actual facts clear this up?

oh well.. to each their own preference.

I was together with my brother who was on my other bike, a honda xrm 110 when we went up to baguio along marcoss highway. guess which one arrived in baguio first?

the honda xrm was like a diesel engine. kailangan ng buwelo sa akyatan unlike the motorstar eagle-II, can sustain 60-70 kph on a steep incline, especially on the very steep incline about 5 km before you enter baguio city proper (those of you who go to baguio and passed through marcoss may know this, this is the incline na hanggang second gear lang ang kambyo nyo and bitin kayo eventually when you shift it to 3rd gear). in terms of comfort rin, nakakangawit sa pwet ang xrm when you've been traveling for 2 or more hours.

kahit na second class brand, nasa gumagamit pa rin yan.

I understand sir. Pero diba ang XRM ay underbone while yung eagle II ay scooter. Sa eagle II automatic transmission ang XRM manual so hindi natin talaga ma co-compare. Yung eagle II lamang din sa CC so hindi talaga patas yung comparison. It's like comparing a Kia Sorenta sa BMW 1 seriese.

And I will be only using the MC for city driving would rather take a bus than drive an MC going to baguio.

Guest Leviticus
I understand sir. Pero diba ang XRM ay underbone while yung eagle II ay scooter. Sa eagle II automatic transmission ang XRM manual so hindi natin talaga ma co-compare. Yung eagle II lamang din sa CC so hindi talaga patas yung comparison. It's like comparing a Kia Sorenta sa BMW 1 seriese.

And I will be only using the MC for city driving would rather take a bus than drive an MC going to baguio.

hehe.. masarap umakyat ng baguio on a motorcycle. aside from you can actually stop anywhere along marcos highway and enjoy the view, you can also stop at the different stalls along the way. matipid pa sa gas :P marami rin ang mga weekend warriors who take their underbones and scooters up and down baguio (Im here in pangasinan so going up baguio only takes 1.5 to 2 hours).

also, with your question a few posts away, I believe you were referring to the Honda Sonic 125 cc