Motorcycles and Scooters

hehe.. masarap umakyat ng baguio on a motorcycle. aside from you can actually stop anywhere along marcos highway and enjoy the view, you can also stop at the different stalls along the way. matipid pa sa gas :P marami rin ang mga weekend warriors who take their underbones and scooters up and down baguio (Im here in pangasinan so going up baguio only takes 1.5 to 2 hours).

also, with your question a few posts away, I believe you were referring to the Honda Sonic 125 cc

thank you for the reply sir. Nakaka stress mag drive form manila to bagiuo and back. nakasakay nga lang sa kotse stress na ako what more kung ako nagmamanejo.

thanks for identifying the MC. I aleady found out that it was a Honda CBR 150.

Edited by redshirt
Guest Leviticus

funny incidents on my motorstar hawk-II scooter:

• once I was parking at a mall when this guy parked beside me on an hawk-I scooter but same color. I was looking at his scooter beginning at the wheels going up (parang nagkikilatis ng babae). when I saw the rider himself, he was also looking at me the same way I was looking at him hanggang nagkatitigan na lang kami. hehe.. sana babae siya. nagkangitian na lang and we went our separate ways, laughing.
  • upon entering a town with its town fiesta, I was caught in traffic. another hawk-II scooter pulled up at my side, riders were a father and a daughter, daughter backride (bata pa, mukhang sinundo ng tatay). daughter kept on tugging at her father and pointing at me, saying magkaparehas kami ng scooter.
  • at a gas station in rosario going up to baguio. the gas boy gave my scooter a thorough inspection and nakipagkwentuhan pa. turns out he also owns one. told me he once reached the speed of 120 kmh on his scooter :unsure:

hehe.. how to make other people laugh/attract attention.

ginawa ko eto nung paakyat ng marcos highway going up to baguio. as I said there was this steep incline of about 5 kms before you reach baguio city. there were two passenger vans na umarangkada para magkabwelo for the long climb while I maintained a speed of 50 km/hr, knowing that I would eventually overtake them at the middle of the incline. true enough I did overtake them.

while overtaking said vans I was making pumping/pushing motions on my scooter as if urging it to go fast.

hehe.. napatawa ko pa ang mga pasahero at the same time irritado ang mga drivers ng van; ayaw magpaovertake kasi and bwaya sa daan.

How to attract attention in your scooter.

1.) Build up to a speed of say 65 km/ph

2.) Let go of the handlebar console (manubela ng motor)

3.) Stand up, rev...

Disclaimer: do not attempt in a congested area and also when you don't know how to balance this way. A couple of my mates had some accidents trying to do this.

No offence sir. But I believe Motorstar is a second class brand.

Guys I was driving the other day and I saw a Honda MC with CBR markings but it's not big at all. Just about as big as a raider but it's designed like a Super 4 can anyone clarify what MC is that?

Cheers!

CBR150.

PM me so I can give you details.

excuse me does anyone have or know how much does the Brand New Ducati 1098 S ? :rolleyes:

there's a shop ACCESS PLUS sa P. Tuason in cubao near edsa, they are selling Ducatis and KTM bikes there exclusively maybe you can drop by there. I saw one 1098 on display there

excuse me does anyone have or know how much does the Brand New Ducati 1098 S ? :rolleyes:

there's a shop ACCESS PLUS sa P. Tuason in cubao near edsa, they are selling Ducatis and KTM bikes there exclusively maybe you can drop by there. I saw one 1098 on display there

Does anyone here have any experience with Moto Guzzis?

I am being offered what seems like a nice deal on a 2004 Moto Guzzi California Stone Metal.

I am told that parts and service are available from Ultra Bykes in Pasong Tamo, Makati. Has anyone had any experience working with them?

I tried it, maganda ang ride niya and the riding position is not as eccentric as a Ducati or Aprilia or extreme in the other direction as a Harley. And of course, maganda ang presyo. But still I'd like to know what I am in for of some of you guys have any experience with a 'guzzi.

oh well.. to each their own preference.

kahit na second class brand, nasa gumagamit pa rin yan.

O sa korte ny wet-pu mo :thumbsupsmiley:

Pag mataba ka syempre masakit sa pwet pag manipis yun saddle. Yun Madass ko sarap gamitin pero ang sakit sa pantog pag matagal ka nakasakay. Which is why I hate bicycles--apart from the fact that they don't have a motor. Hirap talaga maging kilabot ng timbangan.

Edited by boomouse
Does anyone here have any experience with Moto Guzzis?

I am being offered what seems like a nice deal on a 2004 Moto Guzzi California Stone Metal.

I am told that parts and service are available from Ultra Bykes in Pasong Tamo, Makati. Has anyone had any experience working with them?

I tried it, maganda ang ride niya and the riding position is not as eccentric as a Ducati or Aprilia or extreme in the other direction as a Harley. And of course, maganda ang presyo. But still I'd like to know what I am in for of some of you guys have any experience with a 'guzzi.

well moto guzzi is very old name for motorcycle,performance....good, price.....expensive but worth buying, riding comfort......depends on what model and what kind of ride your into. this bike is worth keeping but dont think of reselling it after m pagsawaan kasi very few ang market ng ganitong bike saten.

i've tried a fatboy(heavy),v-rod(nice of all harley for me),goldwing(heavy),dragstar(nice)....but if your into comfort,resale value,advancement,parts accesibility try japanese bikes.

before i own a Ducati 748R(750cc),sobrang sakit sa ulo 4 times ako inoverheat sa biyahe at iniiwan pko ng yamaha R6(600cc). Sa buwisit ko i sold it and bought a Yamaha R1(1000cc) now im very contented.

cya nga pala as far as ive seen here in barcelona GRISO 1100 ang often n nakikita ko

That's a million peso bike. Too rich for me. Daming ladies drink na kapalit nyan.

After riding sport bikes for a while, transitioning to a classic Moto Guzzi in my test drive felt like driving a Benz after driving an Evo for a long time. Your backside will thank you.

Edited by boomouse
That's a million peso bike. Too rich for me. Daming ladies drink na kapalit nyan.

After riding sport bikes for a while, transitioning to a classic Moto Guzzi in my test drive felt like driving a Benz after driving an Evo for a long time. Your backside will thank you.

well moto guzzi is like owning a benz in two wheels :)

try a harley vrod or triumph rocket,they are the best for me if your looking for a touring bike

and if you want japanese try the honda shadow,x11,x4,cb1000 if yamaha raider,mt 01,mt 03.

for high budgeted purchase i will choose vrod

and if japs i'll go for cb1000 or mt03

well moto guzzi is like owning a benz in two wheels :)

try a harley vrod or triumph rocket,they are the best for me if your looking for a touring bike

and if you want japanese try the honda shadow,x11,x4,cb1000 if yamaha raider,mt 01,mt 03.

for high budgeted purchase i will choose vrod

and if japs i'll go for cb1000 or mt03

I agree that a V-Rod has some Chutzpah but the riding position with your front legs extended to pegs that go all the way to the front of the bike… what is that? Have you ever tried riding like that on Manila's streets? Hit a pot hole? That can break your back.

Well, I signed the papers on the Guzzi today. A 2004 1100cc California Stone Metal with 9,000 kms on it and full service records, with the chrome and black tank, Guzzi leather panniers, and a pair of godawfully loud but sweet sounding pipes. They sound like a Harley without mufflers and but without the slap. I rode it home for lunch and I swear every neighbor's dog was either barking in anger or howling in pain at the sound of those pipes.

Oh, and my wife has decided she doesn't want to speak to me for a while… probably thinks I'll be riding this thing more than her.

Guest Leviticus
O sa korte ny wet-pu mo :thumbsupsmiley:

Pag mataba ka syempre masakit sa pwet pag manipis yun saddle. Yun Madass ko sarap gamitin pero ang sakit sa pantog pag matagal ka nakasakay. Which is why I hate bicycles--apart from the fact that they don't have a motor. Hirap talaga maging kilabot ng timbangan.

hehe.. you got that right. months ago I was looking at bikes (as opposed to underbones) and had a chance to test out a 250 honda (not sure what model). it felt awkward for me to ride it in a sort of leaning forward position; and I couldn't picture myself going through city streets on a big machine.

I settled on a scooter because it made my hiney comfy :P

I agree that a V-Rod has some Chutzpah but the riding position with your front legs extended to pegs that go all the way to the front of the bike… what is that? Have you ever tried riding like that on Manila's streets? Hit a pot hole? That can break your back.

Well, I signed the papers on the Guzzi today. A 2004 1100cc California Stone Metal with 9,000 kms on it and full service records, with the chrome and black tank, Guzzi leather panniers, and a pair of godawfully loud but sweet sounding pipes. They sound like a Harley without mufflers and but without the slap. I rode it home for lunch and I swear every neighbor's dog was either barking in anger or howling in pain at the sound of those pipes.

Oh, and my wife has decided she doesn't want to speak to me for a while… probably thinks I'll be riding this thing more than her.

well all moto guzzi are great bikes,they are all for great ride and comfort.

maybe when i get back to manila this summer we can ride along i still got my old hornet there in QC

would you mind sharing some pics of your new baby? :thumbsupsmiley:

sali ako.....

ride: Honda dio 1, Honda G, Suzuki raider

leathers: Spyke full suit

helmet: Arai

Boots: SIDI

presently in qatar, no bikes at the moment but busy din sa bikes.

just want to share some pix of mine

with Makoto Tamada (formerly MotoGP rider Konika Minolta and Honda LCR), now he will race in WSBK...pic taken last Feb. 9

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j86/howitzer_09/02092008285.jpg

with World Superbike Endurance Champion Riders (SERT France Vincent Phillip and Matthew Lagrive, last Nov 07, world endurance race in qatar)

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j86/howitzer_09/CIMG0195.jpg

I worked with this guy during races.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j86/howitzer_09/02092008287.jpg