Patanong lang po....sa tingin ko e may straight and simple na sagot ito:

Overall cost, ano po ba ang pinaka-mura:

- In-house financing?

- Bank financing?

- Pag-ibig financing?

Thanks po sa advice.

Pare it depends... if your loan amount is less than 750K, you can avail of PAG-IBIG's 6-7% interest rate.

But if your loan is greater than 750K, Bank financing is better (8.75% compared to pag-ibig's 10%).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi man,

A LOT is not as marketable as a house and lot. I dont know where you got your analysis. but if an investor would see this "buying forclose properties" he would consider a house and lot, why because after having total control of the property providing Downpayment of 20-25% to the bank, the property can be flipped in just a week or two since there is minimal repairs that would not consume much of your effort and energy to manage all the risk (it not worth it! - considering that you need to sell the property on a given time only.

rather than get a lot only and make the necessary bidding procedures (contractors, suppliers), getting the permits, land survey engineer, applying for water, electricity, managing workers timetable, budgeting the unforseen expense which would affect your finances. Remember you would start to pay your amortization after the first two months is over. and you would still need time to market the property once it gets done for a faster return of investment

dude i can answer your question on the basics of investing in real estate

two things i can advise and yes they both involve foreclosed properties.

1. If you dont have that much capital, i would advice you to purchase a LOT ONLY property.

2. On the other hand, if you have a lot to put into venture, might as well get a House and Lot unit then renovate it.

Why LOT ONLY if i dont have much capital?

Lot does not depreciate, the house does. If you cant dispose the house and lot with minimal capital, chances are you will end up losing some money. Another reason is, you will need extra money to renovate the house and lot so you will be able to make it more marketable. LOT ONLY doesnt need any renovation because its form or physical appearance doesnt affect the total contract price.

Let me give a disclaimer. Im not an expert with regards to this subject matter but im pretty confident that i know the basic mechanics of the business. My mom is in real estate since 1986. Now she is a Real Estate broker. I can rate myself as a mediocre property consultant. Not the best but certainly understands what he is talking about. If anyone disagrees with what I just said, feel free to comment on this matter. Who knows I might pick another valuable thing in this trade. THIS IS JUST ME TALKING OK! :thumbsupsmiley:

I have a question regarding condos. Let's say a condo is 15 yrs old, when it reaches its end of life, what issues will a property owner face?

this is also my concern kaya parang mas gusto ko mag invest sa house and lot.

here's my situation, i'm currently working abroad, but plan to retire sa pinas after 30 yrs pa naman.

naghahanap po ako ngayon ng property house & lot or condo na pwede ko pag invest. meron po ba kayong suggestion?

tapos anu po requirements for filipinos abroad. i forgot kung may pag ibig ako, and wala na rin ako bank account sa pinas.

plan ko rin maging overseas agent. dami tanong sana ma enlighten nyo ako. salamat po.

and sorry no pm's po, post nyo na lang po lahat dito para magbenefit tayong lahat.

maraming salamat.

ok bang developer ang Century Properties? as far as I know AYALA LAND/ AVIDA, DMCI, Robinson ang mga ok na builder. i don't know kung ok rin ang SM, just wanna make sure na ang pera ko nasa good hands.

Edited by TheSmilingBandit
  • 4 weeks later...
this is also my concern kaya parang mas gusto ko mag invest sa house and lot.

here's my situation, i'm currently working abroad, but plan to retire sa pinas after 30 yrs pa naman.

naghahanap po ako ngayon ng property house & lot or condo na pwede ko pag invest. meron po ba kayong suggestion?

tapos anu po requirements for filipinos abroad. i forgot kung may pag ibig ako, and wala na rin ako bank account sa pinas.

plan ko rin maging overseas agent. dami tanong sana ma enlighten nyo ako. salamat po.

and sorry no pm's po, post nyo na lang po lahat dito para magbenefit tayong lahat.

maraming salamat.

ok bang developer ang Century Properties? as far as I know AYALA LAND/ AVIDA, DMCI, Robinson ang mga ok na builder. i don't know kung ok rin ang SM, just wanna make sure na ang pera ko nasa good hands.

In the long run, owning land is better than a condo, after all, the value of land cannot depreciate, unlike condominiums.

Ayala, Rockwell, SMDC, and DCMI are among the better developers in the market now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Good Afternoon GMs. Sana may maksagot sa tanong ko. Kumuha po kasi ako bahay sa Globe Asiatique. Then nagkaproblema sila. Na delay po kasi ako ng 3 months sa monthly installment ko. Ngayon I am facilng late charges saka 2% interest nung Balance daw ng TCP. J\Kung di ko daw mabayaran yung total na 50K. Rescind daw nila contract to sell ko. Ang totoo, di ko pa napirmahan Contract to Sell ko sa kanila kasi may may portions na blanko dun sa Contact to Sell. Gaya nung sinabi nila na 2% interest rate sa Balance ng TCP, blanko ang nakalagay sa part na yun ng contract. Pwede ko ho ba hindi bayaran yun kasi di pa naman ako nag agree sa Contract. Anong mangyayari usually sa ganitong scenario. Tnx in advnace po.

• 3 weeks later...

Good Afternoon GMs. Sana may maksagot sa tanong ko. Kumuha po kasi ako bahay sa Globe Asiatique. Then nagkaproblema sila. Na delay po kasi ako ng 3 months sa monthly installment ko. Ngayon I am facilng late charges saka 2% interest nung Balance daw ng TCP. J\Kung di ko daw mabayaran yung total na 50K. Rescind daw nila contract to sell ko. Ang totoo, di ko pa napirmahan Contract to Sell ko sa kanila kasi may may portions na blanko dun sa Contact to Sell. Gaya nung sinabi nila na 2% interest rate sa Balance ng TCP, blanko ang nakalagay sa part na yun ng contract. Pwede ko ho ba hindi bayaran yun kasi di pa naman ako nag agree sa Contract. Anong mangyayari usually sa ganitong scenario. Tnx in advnace po.

Talk with a lawyer. Just one consulting session will be ok, you can afford that.

Mga sir and ma'am. May tanong lang po regarding this.....

What is the advisable percentage of downpayment na kailangang ipunin para bumili ng lote (and kung uutang sa bank)?

Also, (I'm not sure if this is proper to ask) what is the best philippine bank to engage with regards to housing loans?

TIA.

Usually - it varies from bank to bank - they will loan you 80% of the evaluated price. The 20% must come from you.

You can shop around and compare interest rates, fees and customer service. It's a buyers market out there.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi guys i need ur opinion, Im planning to rent a place to build my own business but the owner of the place said that i should do a feasibilty study first to know that if there is really a market on what im going to do with his place.

Is it like the owner is denying me or what?

• 1 year later...

HI guys, here is a question that has been bothering me. Is it profitable to build say a townhouse/apartment and rent it out? Wouldnt the cost of the land and the construction be too much before I get a return of my investment?

For example, a 300 sq.m. lot can be divided into 4 doors. Each door would have 75sqm of land to put up a townhouse. The floor area of the townhouse would be around 150 sqm. Ok price equivalent for one door, lot price at p1125000. construction cot would be at p3000000. A total of p4,125,000. Let say I could rent it out for p40000/month. It would take me roughly 8 and a half years before i see any profit...isnt that too long to wait for ROI?

HI guys, here is a question that has been bothering me. Is it profitable to build say a townhouse/apartment and rent it out? Wouldnt the cost of the land and the construction be too much before I get a return of my investment?

For example, a 300 sq.m. lot can be divided into 4 doors. Each door would have 75sqm of land to put up a townhouse. The floor area of the townhouse would be around 150 sqm. Ok price equivalent for one door, lot price at p1125000. construction cot would be at p3000000. A total of p4,125,000. Let say I could rent it out for p40000/month. It would take me roughly 8 and a half years before i see any profit...isnt that too long to wait for ROI?

If your number is right , and what I mean by right is you carefully analyze your construction plan, engineers plan costs, idadaan mo b s contractor or engineer ung construction para solid estimate na ung nasa sinabe mong 3M for 4-units.. at na search mo na din Ang subdivision and even kabilang streets na 8-12k monthly with the same size ng lot area / floor area / and bedroom Kaya nag come up ka ng 10k monthly

Pagpalagay nalang naten na Tama Ang computation mo, Hindi kana lugi sa ROI mo na 8.5yrs.. dahil ibig sabihin kumikita ang investment mo ng 10%+ per annum + may physical and solely sayo at walang kahati sa hard assets

Per may factors Yan na Hindi mo ma reach Ang 8.5yrs dahil pag Hindi nagbayad ng rent + umalis at na vacant Ang property for many months + umalis at my mga nasira na.. pero pwede mo Naman Yan to counter by increasing your monthly rent for 10% annually..

Ako to share lang, may nabiling property worth 1.1M, nag repairs ako all through out ng 50k,, so Bali 1.150M, monthly rent ko since good location as is 10k,, for 2bedrooms, 1 car garage with roof, 2storey, 1bath, 1kitchen, 1sala 44lot area 45floor area.. Bali I am seeing these through of roughly 10years with inflation and repairs dahil contractor ako at nakakaintindi ng budget / costs / investment return..

Your case is in different situation kase,, land palang + permits + meralco + water + Yung diskarte ng gagawa + Yung weather factors which may lead you into more cost of delay in man power and money.. and may napansin akong may ikagaganda pa ng Plano mo,, your 75sq m lot area turn into 150 sqm floor area (youre talking into 3rd floor property which may lead to higher costs Kaya ung estimate mo na 3M for 4rooms 3rd floor magawa mo un if you are highly skilled in doing property with your own diskarte in making it

Excited ako saying sa endeavor mo.. kase ako gawa ako ng gawa ng plan ng ilang ulit sa construction properties tapos Hindi ko natutuloy kase after of scrutinizing the plan, double check upto tenth check andaming na leleft over. Kaya klangan my buffer ka money na reserve

If your number is right , and what I mean by right is you carefully analyze your construction plan, engineers plan costs, idadaan mo b s contractor or engineer ung construction para solid estimate na ung nasa sinabe mong 3M for 4-units.. at na search mo na din Ang subdivision and even kabilang streets na 8-12k monthly with the same size ng lot area / floor area / and bedroom Kaya nag come up ka ng 10k monthly

Pagpalagay nalang naten na Tama Ang computation mo, Hindi kana lugi sa ROI mo na 8.5yrs.. dahil ibig sabihin kumikita ang investment mo ng 10%+ per annum + may physical and solely sayo at walang kahati sa hard assets

Per may factors Yan na Hindi mo ma reach Ang 8.5yrs dahil pag Hindi nagbayad ng rent + umalis at na vacant Ang property for many months + umalis at my mga nasira na.. pero pwede mo Naman Yan to counter by increasing your monthly rent for 10% annually..

Ako to share lang, may nabiling property worth 1.1M, nag repairs ako all through out ng 50k,, so Bali 1.150M, monthly rent ko since good location as is 10k,, for 2bedrooms, 1 car garage with roof, 2storey, 1bath, 1kitchen, 1sala 44lot area 45floor area.. Bali I am seeing these through of roughly 10years with inflation and repairs dahil contractor ako at nakakaintindi ng budget / costs / investment return..

Your case is in different situation kase,, land palang + permits + meralco + water + Yung diskarte ng gagawa + Yung weather factors which may lead you into more cost of delay in man power and money.. and may napansin akong may ikagaganda pa ng Plano mo,, your 75sq m lot area turn into 150 sqm floor area (youre talking into 3rd floor property which may lead to higher costs Kaya ung estimate mo na 3M for 4rooms 3rd floor magawa mo un if you are highly skilled in doing property with your own diskarte in making it

Excited ako saying sa endeavor mo.. kase ako gawa ako ng gawa ng plan ng ilang ulit sa construction properties tapos Hindi ko natutuloy kase after of scrutinizing the plan, double check upto tenth check andaming na leleft over. Kaya klangan my buffer ka money na reserve

Thank you for the reply sir.

My estimate is for just one unit/door. That would cost around 4M with the lot included, and planning to rent it out for 40k a month. I think the amount is immaterial to my question. The thing is would it be feasible for the ROI to reach 8-10years through renting out the property. Would it be considered a good investment already if I see a profit only at 8-10th year upon start of renting it out?

Thank you for the reply sir.

My estimate is for just one unit/door. That would cost around 4M with the lot included, and planning to rent it out for 40k a month. I think the amount is immaterial to my question. The thing is would it be feasible for the ROI to reach 8-10years through renting out the property. Would it be considered a good investment already if I see a profit only at 8-10th year upon start of renting it out?

You have 2 choices - include land and construction cost (CAPEX) or not.

If you choose to include, then you include depreciation in your analysis and trend it to the life of the property.

If not, then you trend your operational performance using only operational expense (OPEX, hence no depreciation). Then do the CAPEX analysis separately where you calculate make assumptions of future market value of your original CAPEX.

• 1 year later...

Real Estate agents are now regulated with tye RESA Law.So they abide woth certain regulations. Just check with the developer if the agent is accredited and perhaps inquire about his/her track record. Also,normally agents don't take money from clients directly. It has to be deposited to the developer's bank account.

Just my 2 cents.

Is this in Palo Alto,Canlubang,Laguna?

• Like (+1) 1

Good to see the ball rolling on this thread again.Ask ko lang: meron na ba dito nakapag try mag benta ng property (say,house and lot) na under an existing PagIbig loan?How about under a Bank loan?Thanks for sharing.

Hi Sir, i didn't sell. I bought under existing bank loan.

1. Submit all your Personal docs to the bank. And copy of TCT of the property you want to purchase.

2. The bank will assess if you can afford to pay the property, how much the property is worth to them.

3. They will assess the property.

4. Once assessed. They will require additional documents before releasing MOA; that the bank will pay off the said property once additional docs have been supplied/

5. Additional docs would be transfer of title, taxes etc.

6. If all docs completed they will release the funds to the seller and you will be the owner of the property and start paying off the loan.

This is how i remembered it. But depending of how good you/agent is at processing the documents; loan release could take between 4-6 months from experience.

Also most if not all the steps cost money.$$$$

Hi Sir, i didn't sell. I bought under existing bank loan.

1. Submit all your Personal docs to the bank. And copy of TCT of the property you want to purchase.

2. The bank will assess if you can afford to pay the property, how much the property is worth to them.

3. They will assess the property.

4. Once assessed. They will require additional documents before releasing MOA; that the bank will pay off the said property once additional docs have been supplied/

5. Additional docs would be transfer of title, taxes etc.

6. If all docs completed they will release the funds to the seller and you will be the owner of the property and start paying off the loan.

This is how i remembered it. But depending of how good you/agent is at processing the documents; loan release could take between 4-6 months from experience.

Also most if not all the steps cost money.$$$$

Thank you sir Ozzpray for sharing, much appreciated.Good to hear it from the Buyer's perspective also.

I wonder what steps the seller took in parallel to yours, yun kasi ang magiging part ko on this scenario.Heheh

Some takeaways:

1. The bank will assess property - so,which price prevailed, yung asking price ni Seller or the bank's assessed value?

2. Any idea what happened to the Seller's original loan or how it was handled?

Thanks again sir indeed.

Thank you sir Ozzpray for sharing, much appreciated.Good to hear it from the Buyer's perspective also.

I wonder what steps the seller took in parallel to yours, yun kasi ang magiging part ko on this scenario.Heheh

Some takeaways:

1. The bank will assess property - so,which price prevailed, yung asking price ni Seller or the bank's assessed value?

2. Any idea what happened to the Seller's original loan or how it was handled?

Thanks again sir indeed.

1. The assessed value prevails if lower than seller's price and the difference is material. The buyer then uses this info to ask for negotiation of the price down. Otherwise, the seller's price prevails.

2. The seller's loan is paid in full by the buyer's bank and a proof of full payment is issued to the seller by his bank.

1. The assessed value prevails if lower than seller's price and the difference is material. The buyer then uses this info to ask for negotiation of the price down. Otherwise, the seller's price prevails.

2. The seller's loan is paid in full by the buyer's bank and a proof of full payment is issued to the seller by his bank.

Good deal!Thanks for sharing paps. \m/

Now,I hope someone can shed more light on if the said property was under PagIbig instead.I think that one can be a different animal altogether.I can only imagine it could be more cumbersome. Mas madami ata particulars pag from a public institution.