Players That Earned Your Respect

Kobe Bryant - I mean, we all love to hate the guy, ang yabang eh, pero if you read interviews of other players/coaches/staff his work ethic and his drive to win is beyond normal. He likes to blame teammates at times pero he's a winner, and winners never like to be paired up with the mediocre bunch kaya rin siguro he demands excellence. He'll be a big loss to the basketball world when he retires a year or two from now.

NBA :

1. MJ - need i explain more?
  2. Tim Duncan
  3. Scottie Pippen - his class can be the main man in any NBA team, but he chose to be a sidekick to MJ.
  4. Hakeem Olajawon - da moves for a big man.
  5. Reggie Miller - the only one who can get the ire of MJ..... and match his scoring and clutch capabilities as well.
  6. Steph Curry - maganda pagpapalaki ng magulang dito..... still manages to stay humble despite of his success.

PBA :

Retired

1. Alvin Patrimonio - again, need i explain more?
  2. Samboy Lim - this guy has been a good role model.
  3. Benjie Paras - its hard to win a ROY/MVP at the same time.
  4. Allan Caidic - the only pure shooter the PBA had.

Current

1. Jason Castro - proven himself to be one of the best PGs in the PBA and in asia.
  2. Gabe Norwood - an underrated guy. But one of the best wing defenders in this era. Plays 1, 2, 3 positions as well.
  3. Calvin Abueva - i used to hate this guy.... But the grit and the passion.... walang makakamatch.

Asi Taulava - highly disciplined; team leader; more 'Filipino' than most Pinoy basketeers; an epitome of an athlete into wellness

Calvin Abueva - boundless energy; relentless and strong; plays 'tall'; cerebral and gritty

Alvin Patrimonio- all-time great Pinoy basketeer; cool dad and gentleman on and off court; humble; hardworking

Baseball - hideo nomo

Everyone thought his unusual windup would be a fluke in the majors

Well after striking out 17 in one game, i think that shut evryone up

Pba - calvin abueva

Nakakainis pero ang galing

Nba - chauncey billups and the 2004 detroit pistons

After being traded from team to team, he became the finals mvp and the pistons the superstar laden la lakers

Tennis - goran ivanisevic

After his heartaches at wimbledon, he beat patrick rafter in the finals after being given a wildcard in 2001

post-116634-0-71796800-1444152515_thumb.jpg

David West

I'm used to hearing players say that for them - winning titles is everything. That money doesn't matter as much. West did not just say it. He lived it. Imagine walking away from $11M just to try and win one with the Spurs? Class act.

Edited by Eddy Syet

Chris Weidman in UFC. Earned my respect since he just didnt beat Silva once but twice and both in a humiliating fashion.

In the NBA, maybe Kobe, i always thought of him as gaya gaya kay michael jordan but one has to admit, mahirap yun pero i think he did it, in his own way. Kudos!

in the PBA, just like in my recent post in this thread, Eric Menk and Asi. Kalabaw cla noon and still working like one right now...

Edited by redflame22
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dirk Nowitzki definitely earned my respect although he's my fave player sa NBA.

Considered as one who is touted that can never have a championship. One who is considered only for scoring and not for defense.

I can still remember their 2011 championship run especially during the playoffs.

Dispatched the relentless Blazers. Destroyed The Lakers. Schooled the Thunders. Showed the Heat that it doesn't need 3 superstars to win a championship.

Once called by Wade as someone who failed his team during their 2006 championship lost to the Wade/Shaq led Heat.

His resiliency and leadership showed the way especially during time when they are down by 10 or more points earning them the monicker "Comeback Mavs"