Players That Earned Your Respect

Calvin Abueva - Ginebra fan here but this guy is something! 'Di naman ganun kalaki katawan at ganun kataas pero matindi sa laro

oo pre..bagay sa ginebra to,never say die tapos magaling mang asar. he is the kind of player na kung sa 80s sya naglalaro eh bagay din sya...puede itapat kina loyzaga,distrito and villamin.

oo pre..bagay sa ginebra to,never say die tapos magaling mang asar. he is the kind of player na kung sa 80s sya naglalaro eh bagay din sya...puede itapat kina loyzaga,distrito and villamin.

Ang problema 'di pakakawalan ng Alaska 'yan hehe, nasa protected list nga s'ya noong magkaroon ng expansion draft along with Thoss, Baguio, Casio, Jazul among others

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ben Wallace. Talk about busting his way to the NBA with sheer hardwork and patience. Not highly recruited in college, not even touted to play in the NBA. Undrafted! Conventional basketball wisdom suggests he does not have the skills for his position.

But he beasted his way in. Naging All Star, Nag champion, Naging 4 time all defensive player pa!

Naging Max Salary-type player pa!

• 2 months later...

Paul Asi Taulava.

Syet, I just realized that he's more Pinoy than most PBA players. How many tour of duties has he had for our national team since he started playing here? Too many. He's still doing it at 42 years of age. I've never been a fan of the man and I was one of the doubters way back when his nationality was being questioned. Not anymore. Even if he lied before... he proved that he's one of us. Hindi tulad ng ibang players na maraming arte kapag paglalaro para sa Pilipinas ang usapan. <_<

Edited by SyetNaSyet

I've always hated Reggie miller growing up. He was skinny, ugly and all he did was throw up threes. Plus he was pesky and always was jawing at the opposing teams and ham acting for the refs benefit.

I watched his documentary vs the NY Knicks on YouTube (ESPN 30 for 30 - winning time) and gained newfound respect for the guy.

Also, some measure of pity for him was gained as well as he never got close to hoisting that 'ship trophy.

High marks for his determination and leadership as well as his loyalty to the pacers though.

post-116634-0-15815400-1442946763_thumb.jpg

The Ironman AC Green

Other NBA superstars find it difficult to put an "82" under the games played category in their resume in a season but not for AC.

He played an NBA record 1,192 straight games from Nov 1986 to Apr 2001. That's almost 15 years of showing up to play every single game! To put it in perspective, when Green's streak started, Michael Jordan is in just his third year in the NBA. When the streak ended, MJ has already come out of retirement for the second time and is playing for the Washington Wizards!

Aside from that, Green only missed 3 games in his career. He played in 1,278 of his scheduled 1,281 games! The three games he did not play happened in his sophomore year. :)

Edited by Eddy Syet