Portland Trail Blazers

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
it's about time for them to enter the playoffs.... McMillan for CoY?

he'd get my vote if I had one but if the Cavs hit the 60-game plateau as presently projected, it would be tough to compete against Mike Brown.

btw, as JVG mentioned in a recent broadcast, winning Coach of the Year usually gets head coaches canned.

LOL!

take note, 4 of the last 7 winners were fired within a couple of years after winning the award.

it's an impressive list---Rick Carlisle, Mike D'Antoni, Avery Johnson and Sam Mitchell.

and if New Orleans loses its edge, last year's winner, Byron Scott could be next.

Blazers mum on trade rumors

Blazers general manager Kevin Pritchard said he would not address today's trade rumors linking the Blazers in trade talks with New York and the Clippers. However, I have been told by multiple people, multiple times that this talk has zero legs to it. Zero. This summer a deal with David Lee was offered to the Blazers, but ultimately the Blazers rejected the deal, which involved Jarrett Jack and the Blazers' first round pick. Channing Frye, who has practically disappeared from the Blazers' playing rotation, said on Monday night that he hasn't asked Pritchard for a trade from the Blazers. "The only thing me and KP talk about is what's best for the Blazers,'' Frye wrote in an email. "I'm just trying to do the best I can in a difficult situation.''

The Oregonian

Blazers eyeing Knicks' Curry

One team that may go after Eddy Curry, now that the Knick center appears ready to resume playing, is the Blazers. Portland president Kevin Pritchard, who's been after David Lee for years, quietly scouted a Knick preseason game. "They'll do anything for a big man," a league source said. Obviously, Curry is trade bait because his contract runs past 2010. His removal could allow the Knicks to sign two players to maximum contracts that summer.

New York Post

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here's to my 2nd team in the NBA (after SAS)..

Aaron Brooks of Houston has been huge in this series.. But Portland's tenacity can be seen.. As I watch Brandon Roy struggling from the field in Game 3, Blake and Rudy are trying to carry the load.. Kaso, kung ganyang kapangit ang laro ni Roy, mukhang 2-1 na ito for the Rockets..

Advancing to the 2nd round would be a good experience for the young Portland squad..