Overrated Nba/pba Players

• 2 weeks later...

Karl-Anthony Towns -- unless he and the Wolves get past the Grizzlies this first round, I'll always see him as a player with nothing but potential but with a losing mentality. His stats are impressive but his overall impact doesn't really "stick" or contribute to the bigger picture.

On 4/23/2022 at 2:32 AM, Raymoney said:

Karl-Anthony Towns -- unless he and the Wolves get past the Grizzlies this first round, I'll always see him as a player with nothing but potential but with a losing mentality. His stats are impressive but his overall impact doesn't really "stick" or contribute to the bigger picture.

I think now's a good time to revisit my previous post. Oh boy. 😅

viber_image_2022-04-27_11-14-30-224.jpg

With the recent sweep suffered by the Nets against the Celtics, there is a lot of discussion on the level of greatness of Kevin Durant. Though he won 2 titles with GSW and was even the Finals MVP for both runs, pundits (Charles Barkley to be specific) have pointed out that Durant wasn't really the main man or 'bus driver' of those teams. Steph Curry was. And this was the reason why KD did not succeed with the Nets. Since he was the Nets' main man, the Celtics focused the defense on stopping him and with no Curry or Klay to bail him out, KD could not lead his team to victory. So is KD overrated? I would say yes. Sure he's a great player but not on the same level as Lebron who is clearly the 'bus driver' for the teams that he led to the Finals. KD obviously could not carry a team and the only reason he has those championships is because he already joined a team that won the championship before. 

On 4/28/2022 at 2:12 AM, Blue Boy said:

With the recent sweep suffered by the Nets against the Celtics, there is a lot of discussion on the level of greatness of Kevin Durant. Though he won 2 titles with GSW and was even the Finals MVP for both runs, pundits (Charles Barkley to be specific) have pointed out that Durant wasn't really the main man or 'bus driver' of those teams. Steph Curry was. And this was the reason why KD did not succeed with the Nets. Since he was the Nets' main man, the Celtics focused the defense on stopping him and with no Curry or Klay to bail him out, KD could not lead his team to victory. So is KD overrated? I would say yes. Sure he's a great player but not on the same level as Lebron who is clearly the 'bus driver' for the teams that he led to the Finals. KD obviously could not carry a team and the only reason he has those championships is because he already joined a team that won the championship before. 

I agree on this. KD played uninspired ball against the Celtics. Being the 7th seed, he should have played with more intensity to get to the 2nd round or to even make it a more interesting series. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2022 at 4:22 PM, Raymoney said:

I expect James Harden and the Sixers to put up a fight against the Heat, but he's still not the James Harden of old. If they get dominated and eliminated in this ongoing series then maybe it's time to put him in this list.

We're definitely putting James Harden in here now. But to his credit, he shows up and plays unlike a certain someone they traded away. Did Morey and the Sixers really win/benefit in this trade? I'd say this is one of the biggest lose-lose trades I can remember in recent memory. Here's some interesting stats:

IMG_0808.PNG

IMG_0821.JPG

On 5/16/2022 at 7:15 PM, -happybirthday- said:

Rudy Gobert (see also: overpaid)

What’s the point of winning multiple defensive player awards if he can’t even defend the perimeter at this era?

Agree. Gobert has always been overrated, and I think many would agree. Even the players in the league will.

On 4/27/2022 at 11:18 AM, Raymoney said:

I think now's a good time to revisit my previous post. Oh boy. 😅

viber_image_2022-04-27_11-14-30-224.jpg

No keep it, KAT is immature and will never have the killer instinct because he is a slacker, the real franchise player for the Eolves is Anthony Edwards