Engine Oil - All About It

• 3 weeks later...
i think nasa P490/liter na ito. tanong ko, is it fully synthetic?baka kasi semi synthetic eh ? i saw another RP at P800/liter pang racing naman, wats the difference?

taken from royal purples FAQ

Is Royal Purple synthetic motor oil?

Yes. Royal Purple Motor Oils are composed of a proprietary formulation of synthetic base oils and synthetic additives containing iso-paraffinic diluents.

baka mas mahal yung pang racing kasi kumbaga parang top of the line siya?

saan mo nabili yung P490/Liter? kasi ako 440 lang po...

taken from royal purples FAQ

Is Royal Purple synthetic motor oil?

Yes. Royal Purple Motor Oils are composed of a proprietary formulation of synthetic base oils and synthetic additives containing iso-paraffinic diluents.

baka mas mahal yung pang racing kasi kumbaga parang top of the line siya?

saan mo nabili yung P490/Liter? kasi ako 440 lang po...

hindi ko pa binili kasi i wasnt sure if its full or semi synthetic, i just inquired about the price sa PRONTO along West service road sa Sucat, so kung full synthetic yon eh di ok kasi mura compared sa Shell Helix na nasa P599, san mo nabili at P440/liter? thanks for the info bro!

hindi ko pa binili kasi i wasnt sure if its full or semi synthetic, i just inquired about the price sa PRONTO along West service road sa Sucat, so kung full synthetic yon eh di ok kasi mura compared sa Shell Helix na nasa P599, san mo nabili at P440/liter? thanks for the info bro!

sa speedyfix sa shaw... try mo visit website nila http://www.speedyfixph.com/ contact mo si migs, sa kaniya ako bumili... meron din silang change oil package P2100 lang.. it includes labor, oil filter and 4Litters of fully synthetic royal purple.

it doesnt matter...what you need to know is what kind of oil was placed on your car the first time it was brought to the dealership...if its mineral then go mineral and if it is synthetic then synthetic...changing oil types will damage your car trust me...as for brands...sa synthetic use MOTUL brands...they are the best...and cheaper pa...for mineral oil try caltex chevron...wag kau gagamit ng castrol...believe me...

it doesnt matter...what you need to know is what kind of oil was placed on your car the first time it was brought to the dealership...if its mineral then go mineral and if it is synthetic then synthetic...changing oil types will damage your car trust me...as for brands...sa synthetic use MOTUL brands...they are the best...and cheaper pa...for mineral oil try caltex chevron...wag kau gagamit ng castrol...believe me...

ano bro problema pag castrol? castrol kc ginagamit ko since 2000 pero la naman akong nakikitang problema, anyway tell me narin kung meron para at least aware ako. tnx

wala naman po akong galit or angst sa castrol hehehe...but most of my friends that use it suffer almost the same fates with their cars...masyadong maraming naiiwang deposits sa makina nila...we tried another approach para mapatunayan...one friend completely had his engine rebuilt and port polished...so wala remnants ng oil...tapos gamit sya ng castrol for about a year and a half...nung sumunod na tune grabe ang latak na naiwan...di bagay dito castrol...masyado sya malapot...

wala naman po akong galit or angst sa castrol hehehe...but most of my friends that use it suffer almost the same fates with their cars...masyadong maraming naiiwang deposits sa makina nila...we tried another approach para mapatunayan...one friend completely had his engine rebuilt and port polished...so wala remnants ng oil...tapos gamit sya ng castrol for about a year and a half...nung sumunod na tune grabe ang latak na naiwan...di bagay dito castrol...masyado sya malapot...

have used Castrol (yung 20-50w) twice before. ang experience ko is after 4 months of using, hindi pa din maitim yung oil, which means, it either contains strong cleaners or it does not work.

compared to Shell 20-50w, Valvoline and Havoline, after two months of using, dark na yung oil, which means, it cleans the engine of sludges and deposits.

I used to used Shell helix which was pure synthetic oil at more than Php4,000 per change. I had to use it because it was specified for Opel Omega. It was too expensive and the car broke down. Now with my Toyota Camry, I only use regular multigrade, the car is good and maintainance is cheap. The car only goes for regular service and nothing more.

Conclusion, regular is ok, just SAE 10-40 or 10-50.

ano mahusay? regular or synthetic engine oil? sabi ng iba kapag luma na raw

sasakyan - synthetic daw gamitin, yung iba naman pag bago kotse - synthetic daw.

yung iba naman, regular oil daw basta wag lang papaitimin - change oil agad.

ANO BA TALAGA?

sa akin madalas na oil change lang. Kaya kahit hindi synthetic, ok lang. Tsaka pag hindi umitim ang oil mo, may problema ang nabili mong engine oil kasi may detergent na content ang engine oils eh. Kaya pag umitim 'yan, alam mo na ginagawa nya ang trabaho nya.

• 3 weeks later...