Engine Oil - All About It

• 1 month later...
That is TRUE. Its better to change oil religiously every 5000kms using mineral oil than extending oil changes to 10,000kms using synthetics. Mas mura pa.

Although the oil companies don't want you to know this.

As the engine designer of Honda says: "OIL IS NOT WHISKY, YOU DON"T HAVE TO BUY THE MOST EXPENSIVE ONE. JUST FOLLOW REGULAR MAINTENANCE AS WHAT IS WRITTEN IN YOUR MANUAL"

Gotta back these comments up 100%...it's the same advice I give to my friends and anybody who asks.

In fact, in fairness to the "Big3" Oil cos., it was the same advice I used to give out to customers as a former Technical Engineer for one of them!

It's all about freshness/cleanliness...for example, after running your engine on any type of 'synthetic' oil for 5000 km., it will always be better to have fresh, clean mineral oil to replace it than synthetic oil that's already been used for 5000 kms.

Hope this helps! :)

If your car is relatively new, use synthetic. Remember to change oil filters often if you plan to get run higher mileage than the normal 5000. I use Mobil 1 in the past 5 years and am very satisfied.

If you were to compare the physical feel a fully synthetic oil vs ordinary oil, the lubrication feels like powder on skin. Also, the ordinary oil irritates the skin after awhile compared to the more stable synthetic.

According to user reviews, the breakthrough in building up hydrocarbon molecules make them adhere to surfaces more smoothly and longer - they hold their properties for a lifetime and do not breakup even under extreme conditions of heat and dust. The real problem is engine oil also got detergent functions and dirt or impurities are dissolved in the solvent. This is the reason why the better oil may accumulate dirt faster - because it works better too. The solution is to change oil filters as often as needed. Because Fully Synthetic oil is more expensive than the price of a few oil filters, it is wiser to simply have more filter changes.

Gotta back these comments up 100%...it's the same advice I give to my friends and anybody who asks.

In fact, in fairness to the "Big3" Oil cos., it was the same advice I used to give out to customers as a former Technical Engineer for one of them!

It's all about freshness/cleanliness...for example, after running your engine on any type of 'synthetic' oil for 5000 km., it will always be better to have fresh, clean mineral oil to replace it than synthetic oil that's already been used for 5000 kms.

Hope this helps! :)

I fully agree!!!

• 1 month later...

di naman now ganun ka mahal ang synthetic oil since so many manufacturer are now dropping there prices.

MOtul and Royal purple are now price reasonably. I would personally go the premium of the synthetic over the mineral

di naman now ganun ka mahal ang synthetic oil since so many manufacturer are now dropping there prices.

MOtul and Royal purple are now price reasonably. I would personally go the premium of the synthetic over the mineral

Motul and Royal Purple are the best Synthetics available bec. they are Ester and PAO based (Class 4 and 5) unlike CHEAP Class 3 synthetics like Shell, Castrol, Caltex, BP, Top1 etc.

Use them if you can afford them.

Motul and Royal Purple are the best Synthetics available bec. they are Ester and PAO based (Class 4 and 5) unlike CHEAP Class 3 synthetics like Shell, Castrol, Caltex, BP, Top1 etc.

Use them if you can afford them.

nde naman masyado mahal royal purple. it's just P440/Litter...