Originals Or Revivals

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Original, of course! Especially so when Pinoy artists "cover" (it's hardly even called covering anymore. Sound-alike, maybe. Worse are the "acoustic versions"!!! Makes no sense at all!)

But there are times that revivals eclipse the original in terms of popularity.

For example, "The Greatest Love of All" is obviously associated with Whitney Houston. But I prefer George Benson's version, which IS the original version. Who knew?!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Some of the few revivals I like: "Bette Davis Eyes" - Kim Carnes (original: Jackie de Shannon); "I'll Always Love You" - Whitney Houston (original: Dolly Parton); "Mad World" - Adam Lambert (original: Tears for Fears); "Always be my Baby" - David Cook (original: Mariah Carey). Although not necessarily better than the original. Generally, mas maganda pa rin ang orig.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

BOYCE AVENUE have been doing some great covers of some of the more popular songs ...... their version of FAST CARS; HERE WITHOUT YOU; WHEREEVER YOU WILL GO; TEENAGE DREAM; FIREWORK, FAITHFULLY and many others are (in my personal taste) quite good.

Of course nobodys perfect so I think their version of U2s With or Without You was a bit too "acoustic" even for my taste.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...