Originals Or Revivals

I'm more of a fan of the "Originals"

Take the case of Breathe's song "Hands To Heaven" ...... the revived version by one of our local artist whose name I cannot fully remember (chris bautista???) is nowhere near the level of the original.

But there are always exceptions ..... the 80s heavy metal group QUIET RIOT in my opinion did a better version of Cum on Feel the Noize than the original band that sang it (SLADE)

Originals will always be great for their pioneering. Revivals, on the other hand, are useful in re-introducing great songs to the new generation, as with recommending a classic book like Travels with Charley to someone who grew up on Stephenie Meyer perhaps or Dan Brown. I just find it irking whenever a lot of our Filipino artists would protest about piracy when 90% of their album is filled with revivals or with melodies borrowed from originals.

I just find it irking whenever a lot of our Filipino artists would protest about piracy when 90% of their album is filled with revivals or with melodies borrowed from originals.

there was this one time when a couple of my young nieces hitched a ride with me in going to the mall. As we were travelling, I was playing a couple of Jpop songs on the stereo and when the song FIRST LOVE by Utada Hikaru came about, my nieces started exclaiming that the melody sounded much like the song WE BELONG by Toni Gonzaga. And for awhile they thought that the japanese song copied the melody from the filipino whereas I was just amused knowing that the Jpop song was released way back in 1999.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Best Covers/Revivals Worst Covers/Revivals

1. All Along the Watchtower Jimi Hendrix 1. Behind Blue Eyes Limp Bizkit

2. Respect Aretha Franklin 2. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds William Shatner

3. Crossroads Cream 3. Feel Like Making Love Kid Rock

4. With A Little Help From My Friends Joe Cocker 4. American Pie Madonna

5. Mr. Tambourine Man The Byrds 5. Stairway To Heaven Dolly Parton

6. Hound Dog Elvis Presley 6. September Gurls Bangles

7. You Shook Me Led Zeppelin 7. Dock Of The Bay Michael Bolton

8. Hallelujah Jeff Buckley 8. Sweet Child O' Mine Sheryl Crow

9. Hurt Johnny Cash 9. My Generation Hillary Duff

10. Statesboro Blues The Allman Brothers 10. Ilove rock and roll Britney Spears

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

siyempre originals.

kasalanan din naman ng mga listeners kung bakit talamak ang mga revivals ngayon. tinatangkilik kasi. bilang consumer, sana suportahan natin ang mga originals. maraming magaling na artists, gary granada, the jerks, mga local unsigned bands na may mga original compositions...

reviving songs is not artistry but a mere act of mimicry.

:rolleyes: Best cover/ revival of Beatles' song : LUCY IN THE SKY WITH DIAMONDS by Elton John (from 1974) B)

:ohmy: Worst cover/ revival of Beatles' album : SGT. PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS' CLUB BAND by The Bee Gees and Peter Frampton (from 1979). They even made a s@%t movie out of this great and highly acclaimed album of the Fab Four. They sang like crying hyenas in this movie. I came out of the movie theater highly disgusted and disappointed because of the way they bastardized the great/ immortal Beatles' songs.:lol::angry:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...