Greatest Single Performance From An Athlete

i posted this in the micheal jordan thread...

game 5 of 97 finals against jazz.. jordan had a stomach flu to the point of suffering dehydration...series was tied 2-2...game was in delta center...crowd was loud and antagonistic....odds against not only on him but on his team as well....jordan not only played but played extremely well...took the winning trey and led his team to victory...

throught his career, there was never a doubt on jordan's physical abilities...but in that game, jordan showed the world the heart and mightly will of a winner...that performance separates the winner from the pretenders...

marami pang magagandang performance ng iba pang great athletes...kaya hindi ko naman napanood e.g. 100 pts by chamberlain, so i could not comment...yung kay jordan at least napanood ko sa tv...

NBA michael jordan-need i say more...PBA alvin patrimono--tagal na to..he singlehandly scored and won the game against another team(forgot who) after they were like 10 to 15 points behind and it was the last two min..hehehe

parang naalala ko to. i think it was against shell. kung tama ako, yung last play ata ni cap is a three point play against jay mendoza.

@legionnaire it was ian, ian thorpe.

my favorite greatest single performance that i personally watched na na-mention na:

michael jordan's ankle breaker versus byron russell

bal david's half court shot (kakatawa nga si asi dito :lol: )

yung hindi pa na-mention:

the executioner's win against the golden boy and tito trinidad

saka yung favorite ko, yung dunk ni vince carter during an actual olympic game over a seven-footer center ng france. that was sick! :cool:

Guest airmax

michael jordan's 63 points against the celts halatang lahat sila sumasabay kay jordan. about the reggie miller layup sayang un. kung di nya minadali siguro yon baka ma pa foulbait pa nya si prince.

off topic:

*edited because I figured it out

NON OT

Magic Johnson - Game 6, 1990 NBA Finals. With Kareem out of the game, Magic played center against Moses Malone and ended with 45 points, 15 rebounds, 7 assists, and 3 steals. Magic went on to become the first rookie to ever be awarded the Finals MVP.

The last time Magic played center was way back in High School.

Edited by Larry
michael jordan's 63 points against the celts halatang lahat sila sumasabay kay jordan. about the reggie miller layup sayang un. kung di nya minadali siguro yon baka ma pa foulbait pa nya si prince.

But they LOST that game. The Bulls I mean. This is an often forgotten fact about that record.

Greatest performance of Jordan (or at least my favorite), the "sick" game he played against Utah. Refer to Tidyaxx's post above.

Edited by schizo
It has to be Royce Gracie in the first ever UFC. No weight categories. No way of knowing the styles of his opponents. He took em all. 4 full-contact no rules fights in 1 night!

this is arguable

the early UFC's was the brainchild of Rorion Gracie, Royce's brother, which stemmed out of the "Gracie Challenge". Mismatches were evident, and some say that the rules favored Royce.

Much more impressive was Royce's 90-minute match with Sakuraba, although he lost he showed tremendous skill and stamina fending off Saku for 90 minutes. Grappling for 5 minutes is hell, 90 minutes is just beyond my comprehension.

and some say that the rules favored Royce.

I can't see how the rules could favor anyone. Except for biting and fish-hooking, you can just about do anything. Yes even, headbutting, kicking a downed opponent, elbowing the back of the head (all banned now).

I can't see how the rules could favor anyone. Except for biting and fish-hooking, you can just about do anything.

the no time limits favored the Gracie JJ fighting style.

Royce was allowed to wear a gi, although opponents can use it too, Royce uses it frequently as a weapon.

Some say the opponents were handpicked (though I can't confirm this)

Even Royce admitted that the early UFCs were long infomercials for Gracie Jiu Jitsu.

I'm not saying that it was set up, it's just some of the rules favored BJJ guys more.

Jaworski

* During a Ginebra game against guest team Northern Consolidated, after getting a busted lip in the second quarter, he came back from a nearby hospital with seven stitches and went right back into the fray like a madman and led his trailing Ginebra team back to victory.

* At a not-so-young age of 40, he played the full 58 minutes (regulation plus two overtimes) in a PBA playoff game victory against Manila Beer, 145-135, the third longest exposure in a game by a local player.

jesse owens - 1936 berlin olympics - wins three (of four) gold medals in athletics. a black man who came into what was called 'hitler's olympics' - a supposed stage to show the world the surpremacy of the aryan race. at the, end jesse owens wins the respect and admiration of the german public

Edited by ron9