no sure if its with the HR or Legal Thread.  well anyway, just a question for the HR dudes. In your experience, may napakulong na ba kayong employee for not fulfilling your Training Agreement?

Say, the employee was trained locally / abroad.  Then the company pays for it but before the said training, an agreement was signed by the employee to stay with the company for certain months or else she would pay the training cost.  If the employee resigned and did not pay the training cost, can you sue this person?

In your experiece, have you successfully sued someone with the same case and won?

thanks

we have the same experience a year ago when one of the middle manager resigned for a better opportunity.

what we did was to deduct all the accountabilities from the final pay, the excess we asked the concerned to issue a check in settlement of his remaining accounts in three months time.

why we did that you can't send someone to jail on that ground and you can't retain an employee who wants to resign from your employment.

[B]for us this a better deal because checks are a legal instrument and when in default could be an offshot to criminal case. we could send someone to jail this time.[/b]

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello to the HR practitioners here! ;-)

Not exactly the appropriate thread ... who knows. ;-P

Should you have a need for an SMS/text-based application software or know of someone/companies interested in such, I am just a PM away. ;-) I am an independent reseller for the product ... we can work on some kind of referral fee (on a closed sale). ;-P

Hey, we don't know everyone ... this is where the 6th degree of separation comes into play ... ;-)

• 4 weeks later...

so how do we justify the exemption of minimum wage earners from withholding tax to those above minimum when the net incomes between the two suddenly occasioned a disparity

it is sad but we can't and should't justify that. you see tax comp*tation is standard and would apply to all levels of income earners. in a nutshell, whatever income they have in the end the same system of comp*tation would be applied in arriving tax.

...isn't this another distortion, albeit non-monetary benefit?

technically there's a difference in figure but i think its not the way to gauge income distortion.

so how do we justify the exemption of minimum wage earners from withholding tax to those above minimum when the net incomes between the two suddenly occasioned a disparity

it is sad but we can't and should't justify that.  you see tax comp*tation is standard and would apply to all levels of income earners.  in a nutshell, whatever income they have in the end the same system of comp*tation would be applied in arriving tax.

...isn't this another distortion, albeit non-monetary benefit?

technically there's a difference in figure but i think its not the way to gauge income distortion.

but that is where the problem lies...the said exemption applies only to minimum wage earners...i dont think there is an application to any of the other income levels...

just my two cents...

Hi guys,

can you help me please. Im looking for a sales aptitude test and customer service test. resorting to buying from vendors or accredited test institutions wont help because of (gulp) budget restrictions. i tried to research online but to no avail. (or was i not that good in doing it) but i really need it badly. i know this is quite confidential for an HR practitioner to disclose, if you may kindly pm me or email its ako_daw_c_grace@yahoo.com. please help thanks.

pm me.....my officemate has a collection of apptitude (psycological tests) :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

hello electronics enthusiast!!

pwedeng ba tayong mag share ng knowledege about PC Monitor repairing?.. Kung pwd pa i-repair yong mga monitor minor problems.

Post nyo rin ung mga service center na ok magpagawa ng Monitor at kung ok ang service fee.. Yong iba kasing service center TAGA ang repair cost.

Tanong ko na rin kung sino naka experience na ng Sampo Monitor na yelowish ang image at ung isa naman ay intemittent and pag dark ng image (di pokpok sa gilid ng monitor :grr: ). Baka kasi minor parts at repair lang ang remedy. At kung malaki gagastusin man magastos, at leat my idea na ako para ibenta ko na eto sa junk shop. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Good day to all HR practitioners,

It's my first time to work for unionized company and i was asked to be part of the management panel for CBA nego this year. My question is, is it really logical for union members to asked for a higher salary increase in proportion with the net income of the company? I work for a manufacturing company and we will lose our local competitiveness if we keep on giving high increases. In case of a CBA nego deadlock will DOLE look at financial income of the company or will just see if the proposed increase by mgt is acceptable or not.

Good day to all HR practitioners,

It's my first time to work for unionized company and i was asked to be part of the management panel for CBA nego this year.  My question is, is it really logical for union members to asked for a higher salary increase in proportion with the net income of the company?  I work for a manufacturing company and we will lose our local competitiveness if we keep on giving high increases.  In case of a CBA nego deadlock will DOLE look at financial income of the company or will just see if the proposed increase by mgt is acceptable or not.

you are thinking like a member of management...always remember that needs will always be increasing...the union always makes a proposal higher than the previous years...so much so if the union is progressive in leanings...such a proposal is without regard income of the company or dislocation if agreed to...such a proposal is based on an analysis of what is considered a living wage for a laborer...

such is the case in the philippines...that is why it is said around the int'l business community that it is cheaper to go to China as against maintaining a base in the Phils (labor costs, political struggle, peace and order and power problems)...

in case of a deadlock...each party would be required to submit a position paper oin the matter..in yyour position paper (management team) you will base your refusal of their demands on the projected income of the Company...there can also be a fiscal year analysis as against increasing costs (inflation, 2% increase in VAT, rising fuel prices, projected decrease in peso-dollar forex)...

so my friend, it is not based on logic, but on need...now it is but a question on whose need should prevail...

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am not sure if this is the correct thread but here goes. I resigned from a company I worked for over 2 years because there was just too much work. I however left in very good terms with this company.

I am now employed in a new company for 3 months but I must admit that I miss my old job. Two weeks ago, my former boss called me up and asked to meet with me. In the meeting, I was asked to come back to my previous job with a significant increase in salary and sort of a promotion. I was also told that they will be forwarding a formal offer letter so I could better decide.

Its been two weeks and no letter has yet to arrive. I am now confused. Can anyone give me some advice? What are the pros and cons given this situation? Is it possible that this is all just a sick joke? My current employer is also in the same industry as my previous employer although they are not direct competitors, if I were to go back to my previous employer, we will bump into each other eventually.

• 2 weeks later...

dudes,ask ko lang is there a possibility na lumipat to an IT-related job even if wala ka background from such field?? kasi im an engineering graduate pero i want to revert to an IT-related job (such as java,siebel,programmer, etc). problem is i am an engineering mechanical engineering graduate pero meron brief background as IT database USER lang. anu kaya possible jobs na pwede?? thanks for the time reading and more power! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All, especially to the HR pratitioners! :)

Newbie here. :)

Sa ngayon, wala pa kong question.

But like the generous peeps out here, I'm also willing to share knowledge and insights regarding the most important resource of all - Human Resource! :D

anyway, questions about leadership development, workforce development, succession management, hiring & selection, talent retention, assessment center, and training are most welcome. :)

pis yow!

:goatee:

Good afternoon HR practicioners,

I have a technician who happens to have frequent rheumatism attacks. Lagi na lang po siyang absent and hindi nakakkumpleto ng isang workweek. I work for a manufacturing company and his being absent certainly hurts my operations. I tried to see if there would be takers in other departments but all seem to refuse him due to this problem. Is it legal to relieve him of his duty on the basis of his health condition (rehumatism). What does labor law say about this situation.

regards,

JB

Good afternoon HR practicioners,

I have a technician who happens to have frequent rheumatism attacks.  Lagi na lang po siyang absent and hindi nakakkumpleto ng isang workweek.  I work for a manufacturing company and his being absent certainly hurts my operations.  I tried to see if there would be takers in other departments but all seem to refuse him due to this problem.  Is it legal to relieve him of his duty on the basis of his health condition (rehumatism).  What does labor law say about this situation.

Have him undergo a full physical exam and find out what the doctor says.

ART. 284. Disease as ground for termination. - An employer may terminate the services of an employee who has been found to be suffering from any disease and whose continued employment is prohibited by law or is prejudicial to his health as well as to the health of his co-employees: Provided, That he is paid separation pay equivalent to at least one (1) month salary or to one-half (1/2) month salary for every year of service, whichever is greater, a fraction of at least six (6) months being considered as one (1) whole year.

Have him undergo a full physical exam and find out what the doctor says.

ART. 284. Disease as ground for termination. - An employer may terminate the services of an employee who has been found to be suffering from any disease and whose continued employment is prohibited by law or is prejudicial to his health as well as to the health of his co-employees: Provided, That he is paid separation pay equivalent to at least one (1) month salary or to one-half (1/2) month salary for every year of service, whichever is greater, a fraction of at least six (6) months being considered as one (1) whole year.

thank you sir,

can "rayuma" be classified under disease?

thank you sir,

later on pagpinabayaan at unti unti maging complicated na yong sakit but

"rayuma" is caused by a build up of fluid in the joints, the so-called 'water on the joints' due to the fact that inflamed joints swell; osteo-arthritis(general breakdown of the joint cartilage over time) and rheumatoid arthritis(a painful swelling in all or most joints at once). The best treatment for this is thru hot compress with aroma theraphy and sweddish and thai traditional massage. Avoid eating meat and beans and fats.

Edited by Maribel-R18
thank you sir,

Technically, yes. DISEASE as referred to in the labor code refers in a general term to any illness.

As per M-W.COM:

Main Entry: dis·ease

Pronunciation: di-'zEz

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle English disese, from Middle French desaise, from des- dis- + aise ease

1 obsolete : TROUBLE

2 : a condition of the living animal or plant body or of one of its parts that impairs normal functioning : SICKNESS, MALADY

3 : a harmful development (as in a social institution)

- dis·eased /-'zEzd/ adjective

im a newly appointed Sales Manager in a small company. Medyo informal ang setup and i was hired to "professionalize" their work environment. Problema first assignment ko is may pinapasibak na 3 Sales Officers yung owner ng company because non- performing based on rates nila sa target quota (one is 2 years na, one is 9 months and the other is 1 1'2 years).

Kaso nung tinanong ko kung may contract or agreement dati na termination due to those circumstances wala raw policy ang company. Sabi ko definitely i could not terminate without a process kasi pwedeng labor issue.

What do you think is the best sir/ mam? Written warnings, then ika 3rd subject for termination? i heard of this process from another company kaso mejo mahaba ata dapat ang time allocation as in 1 letter per quarter. can anybody suggest something better. i pity those persons pero i need to regroup immediately or all will suffer kasi. ty

hello to all hr gods and godesses here, i hve a question for u.

case: im applying for a DATA ANALYST position in an internationl company. when i passed the exam, after 2 days an hr staff called me for a personal initial intrvw, then after 3 days i received another call from an hr staff informng me that my application was frwrded to another positon, BUSINESS PROCESS OUTSOURCING(BPO) position.(meaning kinansel na un previos application ko for a data analyst), during that call she asked if im ok for a phone interview that day, so it was done. then after 3 days they called me for a prsonal interview(april7), during that intrvw i asked the intrviewer what would be the next step, she said manager na raw susunod, final interview na raw un, wait for their call daw. ryt now im kinda worried kc d pa rin tumtwag, counting from april 7 mga 9 days na nakakaraan. guys dapat ba ako kabahan or tlgng may katagalan lang? :mtc:

Edited by ryanarjay